Our Manager - Ally McCoist

No, the man deserves time to turn this around. At least until the end of this Season.

So in answer to the guy's question, you want success for Rangers under McCoist, not success for Rangers without McCoist.

See, there was a question and you've answered it.

So in answer to the guy's question, you want success for Rangers under McCoist, not success for Rangers without McCoist.

See, there was a question and you've answered it.

Not really, I still want both. You asked me If I would sack Ally now if I thought another manager would bring success - I think McCoist will bring success given time, so what I think another manager would do is irrelevant.

No, the man deserves time to turn this around. At least until the end of this Season.

Ally will win this league, I could probably win this league with these players

But what then? If the football is shocking but we still win the league, do you then replace ally, or do you say "aye but he won the league so you can't sack him" ?? He then goes on to won div2 with shite football,which again I believe most could do with our players. Do you replace him then or do you persist with the shite football as long as you winning.

Ultimately we would return to the top flight as a poor footballing team and probably struggle in the top division what ever form that will be.

Get the right guy in NOW. Start the good football now and develop it over the next couple of years, so when we do get back to the top we will be ready for it

I can Hardly think of any games over the last 18 month I have said wow we played great there

Ally will win this league, I could probably win this league with these players

But what then? If the football is shocking but we still win the league, do you then replace ally, or do you say "aye but he won the league so you can't sack him" ?? He then goes on to won div2 with shite football,which again I believe most could do with our players. Do you replace him then or do you persist with the shite football as long as you winning.

Ultimately we would return to the top flight as a poor footballing team and probably struggle in the top division what ever form that will be.

Get the right guy in NOW. Start the good football now and develop it over the next couple of years, so when we do get back to the top we will be ready for it

I can Hardly think of any games over the last 18 month I have said wow we played great there

Ally will be judged on results. Every Rangers manager in history is judged on results, why should Ally be any different? If he wins the League this year then it's job done.

Ally will be judged on results. Every Rangers manager in history is judged on results, why should Ally be any different? If he wins the League this year then it's job done.

Mediocre football in the lower leagues will not be tolerated IMO.

In the SPL I agree results are the main thing, ultimately as long as you get more than Celtic then that's all the matters.

Now we have to win, and win well every game. And we should be. Mccoist has a massive task to turn it round, but I don't see anything in his style to suggest he is up to it

This is true but sometimes you've got to be bold. In his first stint in charge I think Smith should've been moved on in 94 after the AEK Athens result. We really blew a chance to have an impact in Europe then and our results were regularly humiliating.

I'm not sure about McCoist. I desperately want him to do well, I've not seen anything to convince me he will.

Any Rangers manager, be it Ally, Walter, Souness,etc, would be coming under fire for the performances we have witnessed this season.

Just because its Ally does not make him immune from criticism.

However, I think that the current backroom staff should be facing questions too. A backroom re-shuffle is long overdue, as is some of the players commitment to the club. Far too many lacklustre performances this season.

Its about time they realised what an honour and a privelidge it is to pull on that Blue jersey.

Not for some - we should be winning every game by 6 or 7 goals, should concede no goals and must play like Barcelona.

Just out of curiosity, would you deem playing shite but gaining promotion via the play-offs as job done, or is purely winning the division that can be considered a measure of success?

I'm not sure they would with a new side 7 games into a league campaign and still near the top?

Then if you add 1 or 2 of the other little problems, nah fuck it can't be bothered

Add in the 7 cup ties & you've got between a quarter and a third of a season out of the way.

This is true but sometimes you've got to be bold. In his first stint in charge I think Smith should've been moved on in 94 after the AEK Athens result. We really blew a chance to have an impact in Europe then and our results were regularly humiliating.

I'm not sure about McCoist. I desperately want him to do well, I've not seen anything to convince me he will.

You can't kick your own out - without giving them a fair chance. The end of the season, if we're not progressing, i'd expect Ally to nominate a replacement; after all, he is a shareholder.

Just a wee reminder, he's endured more than any football manager, anywhere, of any club - and he has give more support to a football club than any other manager.

He's probably a bigger Rangers supporter than all, or at least the vast majority of Rangers fans - so the man will make the best decision/s.

So far not so good tho - how much time should one person get?

If he was replaced early on when it was rumoured and anew manager was in post - we would be calling for their head on plate. Ally does deserve extra time/grace - but I don't think he will turn this round ... I hope I am wrong

Just out of curiosity, would you deem playing shite but gaining promotion via the play-offs as job done, or is purely winning the division that can be considered a measure of success?

I can't really answer that now. If it happens then I'll opine whether I think the season has been successful or not.

Ally has to realise that loyalty is a two way thing..............if the players do not perform then they should be dropped. Allys first concern should be to the club , not the individual players.

Also he really has to start playing people in the positions that brought them to the club or made them noticed on the youths to be playing in the first team. Look at the players decide what formation you want and please get this absolute negative one up front,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,christ even Stirling today kept two players up front.............if a player is not performing drop him and give someone else a go , he said it himself a few days ago........no favs you will be in the team on merit.................well if Ally is true to his word as we seem to have a problem if he judges a good few players as meriting a game, and please no one come away with the old.................but Ally sees them in training.................you do not win points for looking the part on the training ground, you win them on match day.

Quetions have been rife about Ally so now he really has to make big decisions..................

Get a mobile and attacking team on the field, stop setting teams up to try and stop the opposition instead get a team on the park to force the opposition back ...............

Sandaza not an out and out striker target man...................he does his best coming in with the ball at his feet from a wide position

Kyle why o why did we sign him..........I mentioned in the match thread when he came on and the ball into the box, my first thought was timber when he went for it.

Dean Sheils works well coming through the middle from deep.........again need two strikers in front of him.

Lewis McCleod.................a fine player , but what a player when allowed to move forward....Black coming back today kept the boy deeper than he has been with Black out injured.

The Greek guy...........fast and gets up and down but should be played full back and nowhere else

The French boy............defo centre-back

Kyle Hutton...............I have never seen him put a foot wrong under Walter or Ally........Game is played at a quicker pace when he has been in the team and brings McLeod into a more attacking role.

Aird............. just needs time , gets into good positions but hurries his final effort .........has to play on the right when Templeton comes back

Little has to be part of two up front with McCulloch

I would have a back four of .......

Greek guy...............Perry French guy or Brazilian........Wallace

In front Hutton

Aird..............McLeod ...................Templeton

Little McCulloch

Sub///////////McKay, Sandaza Black the young goalie Gallagher and whoever is out the back four.

Ally has to get a system based on winning the games with out and out attacking football and also mau=ybe has to make a decision re his two pals as coaches..................having everyone in management with the same thoughts/ideas is a bad thing in my opinion, if not Ally the buck stops with you.

And yes if someone struggles for two games and is struggling in the third game take him off , even if only into the first 20 mins

If he was replaced early on when it was rumoured and anew manager was in post - we would be calling for their head on plate. Ally does deserve extra time/grace - but I don't think he will turn this round ... I hope I am wrong

More than 7 games into a season after the most traumatic period in our 140 year history.

You can't kick your own out - without giving them a fair chance. The end of the season, if we're not progressing, i'd expect Ally to nominate a replacement; after all, he is a shareholder.

Just a wee reminder, he's endured more than any football manager, anywhere, of any club - and he has give more support to a football club than any other manager.

He's probably a bigger Rangers supporter than all, or at least the vast majority of Rangers fans - so the man will make the best decision/s.

I keep hearing about McCoist having endured more than most/any other manager.

The question is what does this have to do with his teams being absolutely turgid?

Is he suffering post traumatic stress syndrome that prevents him organising and motivating a team?

I keep hearing about McCoist having endured more than most/any other manager.

The question is what does this have to do with his team's being absolutely turgid?

Is he suffering post traumatic stress syndrome that prevents him organising and motivating a team?

You think that what happens off the field has no impact on what happens on it?

He should get to the end of the season. Then he should be judged on the season as a whole, and not the start of a season where we are facing the biggest rebuilding task we have ever had.

You can NOT dismiss the off the pitch problems we have faced over the last year, you also cant dismiss the fact that this team (before the start of the season) had never kicked a ball together before.

You also cant dismiss the culture shock of playing against these teams, on those pitches.

you also cant dismis the good performances we have had so far....a couple of 5-1 wins, beating falkirk home and away in the cup and most recently pummeling the league leaders in the top division in the country.

People on here talk about us "blindly backing Ally", no-one blindly backs him....we know there are huge problems with our away form. Just as many are guilty of "blindly slating" him and blaming him wholy for the problems we are having.

it really is the john greig scenario all over again.broke my heart to see greig put through the mill.we stuck by him because of who he was and what he had done as a player,but it just got worse and worse till the guy looked like a nervous wreck standing in the dugout.i see this going exactly the same way and i hope the decision to change is taken quicker than it was the last time.great players don't always make great managers fact.the difference is we are playing against virtual junior players this time

In the Scottish 3rd division? Fuckin right we should be

Arse

Very constructive. To focus on your point though, wake up. This is a unique set of circumstances and yes these players get paid a lot more, have a lot more ability etc but they are still human beings and are having to deal with one of the worst periods in our history and a huge level of expectation and scrutiny.

Personally, I'll be happy just to get out of the league with a squad one year more experienced.