• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Green rules out orange Rangers strip

By Norman Silvester | 7 Oct 2012 07:46

RANGERS owner Charles Green has ruled out introducing an orange strip next season.

Previous owner Sir David Murray banned orange merchandise after the club were accused of profiting from ­sectarianism.

Critics claimed they shouldn’t use the colour of the Orange Order.

Green indicated a possible u-turn on the ban during a Q&A session with fans in Northern Ireland two weeks ago. When asked if the club would consider an orange kit, he said: “Yes, they have a number of designs and are coming near agreement with Adidas.”

But Ibrox officials ruled out such a move for at least a season. They said: “There are no plans for an orange kit next season.”

The club claimed their orange strip in 2002 was a tribute to their Dutch players.

In 2005, Murray axed non-traditional colours under an anti-sectarianism drive.

Club profit should always come before what the Taigs think, bring on the Orange strip.

The fact that you claim to have a list says more about you than anything else.

Obviously I don't have a pen and paper writing something new out everyday.

The fact you'd be happy for him to continue to spout shite to keep us happy says more about you than anything else.

Obviously I don't have a pen and paper writing something new out everyday.

The fact you'd be happy for him to continue to spout shite to keep us happy says more about you than anything else.

Do you not find it worrying that your desperation to be vindicated in proving that CG is indeed a crook, makes you appear a deluded sad act, with a tin foil hat?

Charles Green never once said, unless I'm wrong, an orange strip next season was definite.

As much as I'd love it, I'm happy to wait for it. There are far more things we should be focused on during the revival of our Club than having an orange top.

This (tu)

Do you not find it worrying that your desperation to be vindicated in proving that CG is indeed a crook, makes you appear a deluded sad act, with a tin foil hat?

Desperation? Far from it. After all we've been through, the last thing I want is another "crook" and I don't believe Green is one.

I just like to keep my head up in the fresh air, not down buried in sand.

Another wee thing Green has said to keep us happy, but is bullshit.

Aw wait, he's a legend, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

:rolleyes:

RANGERS owner Charles Green has ruled out introducing an orange strip next season.

They then go on to say:

But Ibrox officials ruled out such a move for at least a season. They said: “There are no plans for an orange kit next season.”

No mention of Green. Strange one, that.

Wait until we're in the top division (no pun intended) and release it then so we have a financial boost to invest in players. No point doing it just now unless we want the cash sitting in a bank account.

Also if we do it once we're back it's a massive 'fuck you' to the bigots who have infested our country and to the pc brigade. CG should come out and say the top is dedicated to all the Orangemen and women who have supported our clubs over the years and it's a little appreciation as they are a massive part of our heritage, history and part of our future no matter how many of our new age support try to forget the past and change the future.

At the end of the day it's a beautiful colour and will make a cracking strip. We know the press will be all over it but they don't give a shit about secterianism as they are one of the main benifactors to keep this myth alive as it sells papers.

Only a couple of people find this thread suspicious after the reports from the meeting on Thursday night ffs.

Three companies being talked about for the strip so how come "Ibrox Officials" say no adidas orange strip when a deal hasn't been done, mind you could be true because it will be made by Puma instead.

Total bollocks. So if they brought out a green shirt in honour of CG, you wouldnt care?

Red, white and blue are our colours. Black or purple would be suffice. And an orange strip would sell ten fold, due to the large percentage of our support who are either orangemen, or support the values of the orange order.

I think they'll miss the boat by not having an orange strip next season.

So you think that what I posted meant somehow that I wouldn't mind a green strip? <cr> I am well aware of our club colours and, as you correctly state, they are blue, white and red.

My point is I would rather see the club go forward on the pitch without getting my pantyhose in a twist about an orange strip. It is not at the forefront of my current concerns.

That okay with you...?

If you have any further doubts about my prefered kit colours you should search for any of the threads in which I have designed mock-up ideas for puma, umbro and adidas.

(tu):21: