Big tax case

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too many rumours without any foundation about the outcome of the BTC.

If my best pal was involved in the BTC and I knew he was obliged to stay quiet I wouldn't ask him. No matter how much I really wanted to know. I wouldn't jeopardise his career just to find out a few hours or days before everyone else. I simply don't believe that anyone on here or any other site has knowledge of the outcome.

Without sounding condesending, that is quite a naive viewpoint!

Far too many rumours without any foundation about the outcome of the BTC.

If my best pal was involved in the BTC and I knew he was obliged to stay quiet I wouldn't ask him. No matter how much I really wanted to know. I wouldn't jeopardise his career just to find out a few hours or days before everyone else. I simply don't believe that anyone on here or any other site has knowledge of the outcome.

Sadly not everyone has your high moral standards. One only needs to examine the amount of information leaked to both journalists and bloggers when the HMRC investigation was in its embryonic stage. People, taigs especially those with multiple names, will be pushing for information before it is made available to the public. Hopefully as this matters is in the legal arena there is less likelihood of information being leaked to the rhattlers of bheads.

Monday's revelations will prove that otherwise!! And tbh, i'll be very surprised if many people wish to invest in us ever gain after Monday,

it's coming, beleive me it's coming, Green will be heading for the hills in the not too distant future.

As the decision will be against or for Rangers FC 1872 it will have little to no bear(ing) --(okay bad pun) on The Rangers FC and what is currently going on at the club. I wish some would stop trying to fear monger around here and BTW Thimothy has no more information on the decision than I do, Everything is speculation, as Winston said A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” or one of his adversaries " tell a lie often enough and it becomes accepted as the truth.” Everything about the result is PURE speculation.

Win lose or draw, the FTT decision matters not. The damage has already been done and we just have to get on with it. It's up to the management and playing staff to do their job and try to forget what has gone before. Winning football matches is what matters, not a possible debt that will never be paid anyway. I'm more concerned about the present and future, the past is already history. The FTT decision became irrelevant as soon as the CVA was rejected and CG took over, it is only a distraction for bloggers and journalists, giving them something to think and write about.

Monday's revelations will prove that otherwise!! And tbh, i'll be very surprised if many people wish to invest in us ever gain after Monday,

it's coming, beleive me it's coming, Green will be heading for the hills in the not too distant future.

what revelations and by whom?

Thank fuck he conned Mike Ashley into investing before it goes tits up then :rolleyes:

I'd be stunned if it was a 100% award in HMRCs favour. Original tax figure was £19m? So I'd have a completely uneducated guess at no more than 30m. HMRC will be luck to see ten per cent of that.

Could have been mate. Always thought it was £24m myself, then penalties and interest take it to £49m or whatever the sum was.

They won't see any of it though. Nothing. If there is anything that is.

Spill the beans ?

This is what gets me every players representative must have looked at the EBTs and ok'ed them

I know it stinks if our use of ebt's does turn out to be wrong. Can only imagine it would be permitted in an incorrect way because the club would be responsible and liable for running the scheme and not their client. I suppose ebt's and other loopholes are common place to these guys given that they are legal. They probably just make sure everthing is ok from their client's side of things.

Very taigish post, you coming 'out' on Monday?

Is he off to Israel then mate - I recall there is a gren hill far away.

What difference would it make to investors of the new company? 49,463 fans at a division 3 match will be all that they care about, not the daft decisions of previous owners.

Even if the oldco where to win it, the HMRC claim they will appeal and appeal.

Got to keep their mates in a job you know. Times are tough.

I don't know much about all this tax mularkey, but I'm fairly confident that HMRC have no claim on the Green's company. Namely, US.

Nobody knows fuck all

I do...............I know it doesn't take 18 months for a cheque to clear and I also know that for someone to think that a cheque will not be processed asap is a conman or a fool.............I mean oops I thought the cheque would be held back a few days..............well why didn't you postdate it you silly followfollow.

Nothing to do with thread, but basically to say that some people know something :7325: