How well do you think we have adapted to life in SFL3?

Thommo

As some of you may know, we sometimes do a Fans' View feature on the homepage, collecting comments from The Bears' Den, facebook and twitter on a certain subject.

This week we are asking how well you think we have adapted to life in the Third Division, and if you can give a reasonable justification your opinion could appear in this week's Fans' View! :sherlock:

Over to you...

We have struggled big time. Some of the players need to learn to dig, some of the new signings also have to realise its not like playing at any of the diddy SPL clubs and that we are a proper big club who's fans take look for nothing but 100% every game

As some of you may know, we sometimes do a Fans' View feature on the homepage, collecting comments from The Bears' Den, facebook and twitter on a certain subject.

This week we are asking how well you think we have adapted to life in the Third Division, and if you can give a reasonable justification your opinion could appear in this week's Fans' View! :sherlock:

Over to you...

in terms of the team performances: home games - very well. away games - terribly

in terms of the team performances: home games - very well. away games - terribly

Really? I think we've only played particularly well at home once or twice. The scoring has been high, but it's mostly once the opposition has been worn down.

Struggled hugely.

We're top of the pile, but surely that's the least we should be hoping for.

Very happy with the progress of the young lads, although I'd be a touch happier if Ally took this league demotion to reinvent the way we play football. He still leans very much towards many of Walter's bad/negative habits, but I'm sure it'll come with time.

Over to you...

poorly if truth be told.

the only real surprise is that anyones surprised by this, its ok saying its the 4rth tier of scottish football and our players are better than those we oppose but that doesnt translate into a cake walk, teams will raise their games against us and we've yet to acclimatise to the agricultural often fairly brutal style of play we've encountered. its up to the players to go out and show that they are better and they havent done that with any real consistancy, hopefully that will come.

we're a new team with players with very little game time and no preseason, we look unbalanced and we've been unlucky with injuries. yet we still sit top of the league, still plenty to come from us and once we get going as a team and players learn what it takes to win at this level.

all that matters is at the end of the season we achieve the aim of promotion, we're rangers we dont wont to be adapting to life in the Third Division.

I dont think which league we participate in really matters just now, in terms of the question of 'how well have we adapted....'. It's more how have we adapted as a football team considering we have more or less created an entirely new team. The closest comparison i can think of is perhaps Man City buying a whole new team with the big bucks. Man City however went out and bought the worlds best footballers for sums regularly exceeding £30m. And even they struggled to settle.

Building is somethign that takes time & patience.

considering we still in the 2 major cups & sitting top as heavy favourites to win division 3, i think things are good right now, all things considered.

It's a difficult one to quantify, because it's a situation we've never been in before. Perhaps we could compare how we've adapted to Livingston a few years ago, but let's be honest, we struggled to beat teams, and play well, in the SPL. At almost the quarter point of the season, we're top of the division. The next quarter will show, I believe, how well we've really adapted as a team.

had someone told me 6 months ago that we'd be playing in div 3 with a crop of young exciting players coming through, top of the league by october and still to settle into our surroundings I'd have bitten their hand off.

the massive, massive thing for me this season has been the reaffirming of love for the club I have felt and the immense pride at how our support has rallied to the club.

rangers is all about pride, and its the fans that have given the club it back.

my fellow rangers fans are simply astonishing, simply the best.

It has been positive to see the youngsters start to step up to the challenge, attempting on the whole to make the best of the opportunity, I feel they will only grow to be stars of the future.

Older heads need to do more, wouldn't care if results were ground out through effort, constantly surprised how slow we are from the off.

It should not be a shock by now, playing against these teams, who are giving a good account of themselves, unfortunately we seem to have players who still look lost or unsure on the park.

Let's be honest regardless of what division we are in, we expect a 100%. With the support coming to back the club they are giving their all, why should we not feel that this should be replicated on the park.

I thought after one of the worst days of our history, with the lay up for the Internationals, at home to a massive crowd, the team would have come out with all guns blazing. A point to prove, there didn't appear to be a lot of difference, a lot of huff and puff but no real substance till Little came on, then we died away again.

Now whether this is a result of the youngsters inexperience that we ended up playing so deep, you could see the bench trying to get the players to play further up the park.

Ahh the fun of it all, the head tells you, they need the time, it will click and we will dominate, but the heart craves the results of past glory regardless of where we are, for we are Rangers.

After the turmoil we are still on a roller coaster and think we maybe for a little while yet. It makes for interesting times.

had someone told me 6 months ago that we'd be playing in div 3 with a crop of young exciting players coming through, top of the league by october and still to settle into our surroundings I'd have bitten their hand off.

the massive, massive thing for me this season has been the reaffirming of love for the club I have felt and the immense pride at how our support has rallied to the club.

rangers is all about pride, and its the fans that have given the club it back.

my fellow rangers fans are simply astonishing, simply the best.

I just read this thread and was about to post negatively (because lets face it, we have been pish). OK sorry I did just post negatively, time to re-adjust.

What a post! This IS exactly how I feel. We ARE the people and because of us, regardless of whatever pish we have to put up with on the park or whatever quality we have the pleasure of watching, our club shall always be the greatest club which has ever existed. That my friend is FACT and thanks for pointing the obvious out to me.

By the way I'm rather pished so expect more posts like this on other threads.

Also, I NEED A FUCKING REP BUTTON! I was proud of my rep before the change. 57 positive and 0 negative. Hopefully it comes back once the main man comes home from his holidays next week.

I do think that it is an adventure ... the problem with being in the spl is it's the same teams and grounds this year, last year and next year but the SF3 will be a one only and it's all the better for that!

You know in 20 or 30 years time the young supporters of that day will all want to speak to us about what it was like to watch the famous Glasgow Rangers in the third division because it is so unique not only in our history but in the history of the game

Have we adapted well? It's a fairly straightforward answer: No. No, we haven't. The obvious way to look at it would be to have a look at the results away from home. Terrible performances, terrible results. After the first couple of draws we all thought things would get going away from home when in fact it has gotten even worse. Is there any excuse? Well we are a full time team with established SPL and international players playing against milkmen and posties so no there is absolutely no excuse.

But look at the home games as well, I think that the final results gloss over what have been average and even sub-standard performances. We have conceded goals against Elgin, East Stirling and Montrose at Ibrox... Yesterday, we played a team who I personally thought were the worst we have come up against at Ibrox so far, regardless of their league position, and we were rank rotten to be quite honest.

We have been consistent but unfortunately we have been consistently average. This will no doubt be a learning process for both playing and management staff and when we get out of this league (which we undoubtedly will) we can only be better off for it imo.

Not only are we adapting to life in SFL3 but players who are adapting to Scottish football and the expectations of being at Rangers.

Being critical to individuals and the team as a whole would be very easy but I will focus on the positives, we are athe the top of the division whilst also having a fairly decent cup run as well, we also have a group of youngsters who could now go on to play over 100 games for the Rangers first team before they are in their early twenties.

There are guys who have come in to our club from Europe and at a time when "Rangers men" chose to go the other way, so for that alone credit to them......I know that wont carry them but what a huge learning curve they have, demands as a Ranger are huge as it is and eyes are on us now as never before. Homes matches will take care of themselves........my only major concern is that if we struggle away from home just now how will we fare after winter has taken its toll on these pitches, we have to improve on away form.

A huge credit has to go to our fans who have not only adapted to but embraced life in SFL3 so.much so that we have gained new followers from around the world. With the eyes of the footballing world on us our fans have shown what a truley remarkable football club this is.