How well do you think we have adapted to life in SFL3?

Thommo

I'm shocked we're top to be honest. We have dropped almost a point a game. Not good enough, but I'm sure we'll settle. We'll need to. This wont be good enough next season.

That's just an indication of how poor the league is.

A couple of seasons ago we were brilliant away from home so whats changed????? Player attitude is the main cause sheer snobbery when visiting basic public park facilities and when playing against honest tough lower league players some of our players cant stomache it.....As the season progresses I think the players will adapt better this is going to be the toughest season ever and the players & management team have to get through it.

Daft question really because we can all see the home / away split. Basically we have an almost entirely new team with a couple of original team players one of which couldn't get a start. The really big news is what's happened with the support. Every home game there are new people there who had given up going to the match so rather than just a big surge at the start of the season then it all going flat it's actually building slowly.

There's clearly something going wrong with the away matches but it doesn't matter if it's pitch size, attitude or whatever Ally has to change tactics and treat the away games like we would an away European match under Walter. Keep it very tight in defence and build from there (Oops, is that me slipping into the trap of wanting to be the manager?, Stop it Ian)

After the first few away games I expected to see us top of the league by next month but other teams have proved as inconsistent as us and that's helped us to the top. Maybe once all the tax case & titles stuff is done & dusted Ally will get a grip. To me none of that stuff matters because they can't take away any of our triumphs from my memory but I think it's on the minds of the folks running the club.

Its a journey, that has its ups and downs, it will take time for the team to gel as there is not a settled team yet, its seems unbalanced at the moment but the rightside does look a bit out of sorts. I think its great seeing the youngsters getting a heads up, I would like to see us more positive in shape of the team. Going top may settle team down and im sure once we get a good away result then the duck is broken and we will be off to a flyer. I know at the end of the day we will win this league but the big BUT for me is the yellow cards we are getting before long susp will before long take effect or lack of protection from the Refs will have an effect as the league gets futher into the season as it seems at the moment if anyone in the red white and blue tackles the other team a yellow is shown but its ok to half or players down as they are paid more.

I've said it before.... We are still in the first couple of miles of a marathon journey. And we are leading the marathob after a stuttery start.

We can only get better and we have the perfect platform to do so. We are a brand new squad...and like someone else mentioned earlier...even man city took time to gel as a team, and they have spebt nearly half a billion quid.

It's a long road ahead and us fans are in for a good few more shock upsets. But taking stock of the positives .......

Still in 2 cups....already beaten a div 2 team, a div 1 team home and away....a top SPL team...a few 5-1 victories...and only conceded a handfull of goals all season.

The squad has not adapted too well. The fans have and its not solely a reaction of defiance but a demonstration of loyal following for a club who's dna is in its supporters. And Charles and the Board have adapted well and shown the type of leadership and commitment we sadly lacked for so many years.

But its a steep learning curve for a new squad to gel. Those who said it would be a walk in the park or that we'd go the whole season undeafeated in the league were far too optimistic. Every game - home as well as away - is almost more than a cup tie for the opposition and they have shown real determination to try to show a quality to their game. We have not matched and bettered that attitude away from home. I also think there is a sense of giving too much respect to the opposition away from home - almost as though we are grateful just for the game.

The young players have been great and they will become true modern-era legends. The more expreienced players need to show a bit more authority to impose themselves on games. As a squad there is potential aplenty and some to spare to win Div 3 and get substantially towards the same for Div 2 until the transfer market opens again. The gritty reality is the squad need to read the small print of life in Div 3 a bit more closely and impose the kind of pride, drive and determination needed from a Rangers team to press on and transform a faltering start into a more impressive showing. As the cup competitions unfold, I'm hoping that a bit of battle-hardening of Div 3 games will have the benefit of really good cup runs and maybe even a cup win.

I think we are more than able of holding our own against the top sides in Scottish football as that is the level these players are used to playing at. I would rather we stumble our way towards winning the league than having to adjust the style of football each time we are promoted, so I hope that as we get promotion the better standards should actually be to our benefit along with better refereeing instead of these brutal tackles that go unpunished by the 4th rate officials.

Have we adapted to a league we have never been close to playing in before in our history? Not yet, unfortunately. But, doom and gloom it is not. We are playing in SFL 3 not on merit but because we were banished. This resulted in our entire first team squad, minus a loyal few, walking out on us and being left 1 month to bring a group of players together for what is seen as a foregone conclusion of a season, promotion. We are 8 league games into this epic, historical journey. We are top of the league with a GD of +12. We will not get worse as the season progresses, we will only get better with time and collective experiences of lower league football.

Onwards and Upwards - Rangers are on the march. Watch out World

In my opinion, it's still difficult to say. The season has been stop-start so far due to internationals, but that shouldn't have affected us given our league of play.

At home, we have been okay. Performances haven't been dazzling yet we have found the goals in most games, while more often than not conceding a goal which is most definitely avoidable. Our home results have been vital in us reaching the top of the league despite our poor away showings but we must now push on throughout our upcoming run of games without the international break and solidify our place at the summit of the league.

In terms of Cup games, the defeat to QOS was a huge disappointment. I don't think we played well at all that night and for spells in the game we were second best. Their second goal, and important equaliser, had strong suspicions of offside and maybe the officials played a part in that game, but that is no excuse against a team which ultimately we should be beating. Other than that, we've been relatively sound at home including the visit of the at-the-time SPHell leaders Motherwell. For me, this was the best performance of the season so far. The lads showed great fighting spirit and belief to go on and beat them. I never once doubted out ability to beat Motherwell. The players performance that night, together with the fans, showed why we are the biggest and best in Scotland so in the game against Inverness coming soon I am expecting nothing less than the same.

Away from home is a different matter. We have been uninspiring, short of ideas and poor in all departments. Nobody seems able to put there finger on it. Is it McCoist's tactics? The low quality surroundings and facilities? A lack of motivation or perhaps just stinking bad luck on the day? Whatever it is, it has to change and soon. We may be top of the league, but I believe we have a run of away games coming up and we must pick up maximum points from them, if not no less than 3/4's of the points available.

Overall, we haven't been shocking. Yes, performances haven't been great but it's the results that matter at the end of the season. Things must improve on the road though as we cannot sustain our current away form and expect to be promoted. I've never been on the band wagon with the "7/8-0" brigade, that quite simple was not going to happen. We have to remember that the pressure is all on us, every single game. These teams aren't expected to get ANYTHING, home or away, against us so they will be setting up their team to get what they can from the game. Even from Saturday's derby v Queens Park, big Jig said they made it difficult by "playing 4 at the back, then they had 2 more in front of them, making it hard to get the ball to me and Dean Shiels". It's only the end of October, the season is a marathon.. not a sprint!

The run of games from now until March are the ideal time for our players to finally gel and get cracked on with the campaign. I, for one, am expecting to see big differences now.

Must do better is what should be on the report card, but then again, we are top of the division, so can we do much better?

I think we can and I think we will.

I'd always looked at these lower league tables as it was always a source of a good place to get a draw, These teams drop points all the time, once we steady ourselves, we'll win this by around 20 points.

I agree with most its an adventure with new teams and grounds.Also watching us rebuild and the prices has brought a lot of our support back as they can bring the family which is great for the club.We still have a long way to go but with our support backing the team it will be a good journey.

And the media can cut the crap with we are booing the team ..only ones getting booed are the awful refs and linesman.

Not as well as i would of expected on the pitch as players still look like they dont know what they are doing playing in small away stadiums, and even at home poor tactics at times and a general nervousness seems to affect them. Away from the pitch things are going pretty well and the support have been amazing and really kept the spirits high when the teams been struggling :praise:

The emergence of the youngsters has been fantastic, however some of the players we brought in are looking a bit ropey and you have to wonder if that money would have been better spent on a few talented lower league players who know the league and what to expect.

The football has been pretty poor on the whole. Our players fitness and the bigger park shows when we are at home but we are struggling away and that has to change soon.

So yeah, overall it's been a mixed bag, but the bad away form is lening towards me saying that we haven't adapted very well.