***The Official Elgin City v Rangers Thread***

simplythebest

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had goosebumps watching that there. In my opinion, that is the best I've seen us play for a while. A class of our own, albeit against Elgin City, in terms of finishing, appetite, passing and moving. Everything fell into place. RangersTV was brilliant as well, much easier than the first time and definitely improved the already quality service.

It's all about the Rangers :D

6-2 again :D

The combination of McKay(LW) Templeton(AM) Little(RW) will create and score goals at any level. Bazza the direct winger, Davie the tricky playmaker and Andy the hard-working goal scorer. Magic to watch that trio flying forward. Shiels and Aird will struggle to break back into the team if these three keep up these performances.

Some people say Lewis Macleod is "over-rated"... My arse. The boy is an old fashioned box to box midfielder. Neither just a defensive midfielder or just an attacking midfielder he can do both. I've been singing his praises since the home Montrose game and delighted he got his second Rangers goal today. He was breaking up play at the back and bombing forward. Creative, intelligent, determined with the world at his feet. I'm loving watching this boy progress at Rangers, long may it continue.

Neil 'Mr Reliable' Alexander the Great. Love that man. He's simply Number 1.

Loved that game.

9 points clear, game in hand. Happy, happy Bear. :D

Some people say Lewis Macleod is "over-rated"... My arse. The boy is an old fashioned box to box midfielder. Niether just a defensive midfielder or just an attacking midfielder he can do both. I've been singing his praises since the home Montrose game and delighted he got his second Rangers goal today. He was breaking up play at the back and bombing forward. Creative, intelligent, determined with the world at his feet. I'm loving watching this boy progress at Rangers, long may it continue.

He is definitely looking like a boy with a very bright future. I would say he just edges McKay and Hegarty as my favourite breakthrough player.

Theres a few decent players in this league, ive noticed one or two with potential, imo anyway. The wee leftback from east fife stuck out the most. Dunno much about him but if hes young he has a chance at a much higher level

I thought Leighton MacIntosh for Montrose looked pretty good too.

He is definitely looking like a boy with a very bright future. I would say he just edges McKay and Hegarty as my favourite breakthrough player.

I agree. I rate Lewis Mac very highly indeed.

But seeing McKay bomb at these fullbacks is a beautiful thing. We've always had a history of quality wingers and this boy is quality. Kilmarnock must be pig sick with themselves. :lol:

Hegarty I'm so impressed with. He seem to come out of nowhere and slot right in. Looked more than capable at RB when he got in the team but now looks nailed on as first choice CB.

9 points clear, game in hand, £20 million in the bank and a squad full of eager, exciting young players.... Was this summer just a bad dream? Going to enjoy my night. :beer1:

Elgin were a disappointment. Montrose gave us a harder time. I thought we would have a really hard time but we were well on top for most of the game. Another great penalty save from Alexander, well done big man. Glad to have paid £5.99 for the stream.

I can't see us losing this league now. and with just about everyone fit Ally is going to have people chapping his door asking for a game.