Dundee Utd planning to boycott the boycott?

So, let me get this straight.

We are boycotting the game, in a protest and to strangle them of as much income as possible - and their support, are also going to boycott the game, meaning no fans will be there, the stadium will be empty and their Club will get no money?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:, if true.

Cant see another topic on this yet. Just saw on BBC site (cant post link as im on the phone) that they are considering boycotting our boycott at Tannadump. They will decide nearer the time in February.

Have you ever heard anything as ridiculous as that haha.

I actually suggested they may do just that in one of the multi boycott threads, but it was a joke, as it would seem they are.

I cant get my head around the logic either. It must be a poor case of "anything you can do, I can do better".

A confused bunch to say the least.

Had to double check the story. It doesnt specify they will boycott,but they will "consider their options". So a boycott may well be on the cards.

Dundee United consider response to Rangers fans' boycott

Dundee United have yet to decide how to react to the proposed boycott of the Tayside club's home match against Rangers by fans of the Glasgow club.

The Rangers Supporters' Assembly has urged fans not to attend the Scottish Cup tie, mainly over United's vocal opposition to Rangers' application to join the Scottish Premier League.

A Tannadice source said: "The game is not until February so we have taken no decision yet on what we are doing.

"We have a meeting tomorrow."

And the United insider added: "We'll decide on things as and when we are ready."

Some Ibrox fans have pinpointed Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson as being one of Scottish football's most outspoken figures on the subject of relaunched Rangers seeking membership of the SPL in the summer.

And the Assembly is still angered by Thompson's refusal to refund Rangers fans for tickets when a match at Tannadice in November 2009 was abandoned at half-time because of a waterlogged pitch.

This is the first away match Rangers have played against SPL opposition since the 11 other clubs voted against Rangers' application.

However, at Ibrox, Rangers have played, and lost to, Inverness in the League Cup quarter-final this season, having beaten Motherwell in the previous round.

The revenue generated in Scottish Cup matches is split evenly between clubs so the absence of a large travelling support would affect both United and Rangers.

A statement from the Rangers Supporters' Assembly read: "The Rangers support has waited patiently for the opportunity to send a clear message to those that tried to destroy our club - starve them of their much-needed cash by boycotting this game.

"It must also be remembered the disregard this club had for Rangers supporters when it unashamedly refused to offer refunds to supporters for a game abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch in 2009.

"We also understand the desire to support the team - the fans have demonstrated this to unbelievable lengths of loyalty - but we ask that on this occasion in a one-off display of fan power we show that we have not been beaten or broken." ]

It doesnt mention them boycotting at all...

Yeah after closer inspection I saw they are only considering what to do. I dont see what else they can do to stop us boycotting though. Try and sell the stadium out? Put up banners?.

Be even sweeter to knock them out the cup.

Yeah after closer inspection I saw they are only considering what to do. I dont see what else they can do to stop us boycotting though. Try and sell the stadium out? Put up banners?.

Be even sweeter to knock them out the cup.

It would be good if they did fill the stadium up, we beat them and took half the gate money.

Result!!!

Is this Dundee thing? Are they all brainless? Alot of our fans thought this would want them to sell out the game as it's at their stadium.

Rangers will not get half the ticket sales from this game so why are they boycotting :lol:

Where they only going to be bigots? Now no Rangers fans are going they don't see the point in turning up.

Weirdest thing i've heard.

I'll tell you what, this might sound daft but, why don't their "supporters" actually go and support their team" and sell out their stadium?

Rangers fans have their reasons for boycotting their stadium but we would never boycott Ibrox even if they were still getting half the money.

Their stadium is a death trap anyway fuck them. A JCB going through that shitehole would be a good idea.