***The Official Montrose v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

As a sweeper, i loved nothing more than a big durty slide tackle on red ash, knowing yer ma's going to have to pick big bits of stone out yer leg later :)

Some of you must have played on the really good stuff: black ash. Fuckin incredible when you think about it.

scrubbing brush and dettol after being stupid enough to attempt a slide tackle,....... oh mammy daddy.

Astroturf will result in atleast one generation having serious knee problems later in life, every school team seemed to have them. And btw, the one across from Ibrox was probably the worst out the lot. Its still shockin, anyone playing there recently will tell you it looks like neil lennon laid it with his teeth

:lol: Played there a few times, don't like it either mate.

Would quite like to see Little pushed up beside Kyle, Shiels on the left and Templeton on the right.

I know he prefers the left but it would help stretch the game a bit and with Shiels on the left cutting in it would bring Wallace into the game a bit more.

As a sweeper, i loved nothing more than a big durty slide tackle on red ash, knowing yer ma's going to have to pick big bits of stone out yer leg later :)

Some of you must have played on the really good stuff: black ash. Fuckin incredible when you think about it.

No me mate, only 19.. long before my time :lol:

The wee black rubber bits used on 4G surfaces can be brutal. Some of the burns you pick up from they pitches are unreal.

:lol: Played there a few times, don't like it either mate.

Its shockin. They changed it about 7 years ago from the old sand stuff, but its like carpet, and carpet thats starting to turn up. Victoria Croftfoot were using it for a while. They had a splendid choice of that one, or the one up the back of springburn, which is equally bad. Good team tho, so go figure haha