Four men had a dream poll

Jamie0202

How many titles?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many titles will we sing about next season?

• 54 titles
    • 55 titles

Come on, people are just being silly by saying 54 rather than 55.

We have won 54 LEAGUE TITLES, nothing to do with top flight (although until now they all have been) it is irrelevant.

If we win the league this year and continue to sing 54 league titles, we would be singing a song that is wrong, we won't have 54 league titles, we will have 55.

Personally, I would hate it if we sing about 54 league titles when really we have 55.

Do you seriously believe that? it's all to do with TOP flight. Did Juve claim theirs? I will save a google search and the answer is NO.

To claim 55 is pathetic and reeks of desperation.

Will I celebrate it, off course I will and so should everybody who is associatted with the Rangers family but it's a lower tier competition, nothing more and nothing less.

An interesting thing about Juve is that they are still claiming 30 TOP titles even though 2 were stripped and Platini and UEFA have said its nothing to do with them and it's over to the Itilian FA.

Basically Juve are putting on 3 stars, one for each ten top titles but this season they have put on the number 30 instead.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone say 54 when we will have won 55? <cr>

Maybe because like myself, they're proud of, and would like to continue recognizing our World Record. It's not too hard to understand. If we're going to include all league titles in the '4 lads had a dream' song then I'd like a new song to recognize our world record achievement of 54 major league trophies.

Maybe because like myself, they're proud of, and would like to continue recognizing our World Record. It's not too hard to understand. If we're going to include all league titles in the '4 lads had a dream' song then I'd like a new song to recognize our world record achievement of 54 major league trophies.

wot a load of pish

This Title to me will be our most important yet after the team was decimated and hoped dead by so many, to not include it would be stupid whether it fits into a current song or not.

Its more important than any title before that to dilute it does the bigots who wanted us dead work for them.

This Title to me will be our most important yet after the team was decimated and hoped dead by so many, to not include it would be stupid whether it fits into a current song or not.

Its a more important than any title before that to dilute it does the bigots who wanted us dead work for them.

This seems to be the main argument for 55. Why does their opinion affect our outlook? They say we're dead, we're not, they are idiotic. Their opinions and beliefs mean fuck all to me.

This seems to be the main argument for 55. Why does their opinion affect our outlook? They say we're dead, we're not, they are idiotic. Their opinions and beliefs mean fuck all to me.

Our next title is very important due to what has happenned to us but it is only a lower tier title and isnt included as 55 or included in the club star system where clubs recognise stars for top titles. Ours is the same as Juve who were the first club to put a star on back in 1958 to represent 10 titles. Juve when relegated won two lower tier titles but don't include them. We are in a similar position and the same applies.

I know and agree. Not because that's what Juve did but because it's the right way to behave about it. We have won a world record 54 'top flight', 'major' (whatever wording you want to use) league titles, the SFL3 will not be included in that. But this thread appears to be only about the song lyrics and I can see the argument from others. Do I agree with it? No, but I've given up arguing on this site. Very few on here will accept when they're wrong or compromise. If the majority of the support change the lyrics to 55 for SFL3 (56 for SFL2 etc) I won't bitch and moan, but also I can't sing along with it. It's just to noise up those that tried to destroy us. If they do change the lyrics to that song then all I was saying is we should still recognize our 54 titles and when we win the top league in Scotland again celebrate it as number 55. That's my personal opinion. Pish, I know.

I know and agree. Not because that's what Juve did but because it's the right way to behave about it. We have won a world record 54 'top flight', 'major' (whatever wording you want to use) league titles, the SFL3 will not be included in that. But this thread appears to be only about the song lyrics and I can see the argument from others. Do I agree with it? No, but I've given up arguing on this site. Very few on here will accept when they're wrong or compromise. If the majority of the support change the lyrics to 55 for SFL3 (56 for SFL2 etc) I won't bitch and moan, but also I can't sing along with it. It's just to noise up those that tried to destroy us. If they do change the lyrics to that song then all I was saying is we should still recognize our 54 titles and when we win the top league in Scotland again celebrate it as number 55. That's my personal opinion. Pish, I know.

My interpretation of the song is that 54 means 54 top titles and not 54 titles. I think people are trying to play with words here but to say/sing/write or declare 55 would demean the other 54.

Maybe thats too straight forward and logical for some but the that's my pish and I'm sticking to it lol

I have no doubt my opinion will be backed up by the club and when we win 55 it will be in the top league whatever format it's in.

Do you seriously believe that? it's all to do with TOP flight. Did Juve claim theirs? I will save a google search and the answer is NO.

To claim 55 is pathetic and reeks of desperation.

Will I celebrate it, off course I will and so should everybody who is associatted with the Rangers family but it's a lower tier competition, nothing more and nothing less.

An interesting thing about Juve is that they are still claiming 30 TOP titles even though 2 were stripped and Platini and UEFA have said its nothing to do with them and it's over to the Itilian FA.

Basically Juve are putting on 3 stars, one for each ten top titles but this season they have put on the number 30 instead.

Don't talk shite a league title is a leage title, SPL, SFL3, Championship, League one.....

A league title is winning a league, SFL3 is a league and if (when) we win it it will be out 55th league title.

Not even debatable to be honest

And as for Juve 1- I don't know their history to comment on it, and 2- I don't give a fuck about Juve anyway

I'll say it again, a league title is a league title and to sing 54 league titles when we did infact have 55 then it would make us look like complete tit-heads

My interpretation of the song is that 54 means 54 top titles and not 54 titles. I think people are trying to play with words here but to say/sing/write or declare 55 would demean the other 54.

Maybe thats too straight forward and logical for some but the that's my pish and I'm sticking to it lol

I have no doubt my opinion will be backed up by the club and when we win 55 it will be in the top league whatever format it's in.

You accuse people of playing with words, yet you say that when we say/sing 54 titles it really means 54 top titles?

So all of the league cup wins that we have shouldn't count in our total honors because it wasn't the top cup competition?

Never heard so much shite in all of my life

Don't talk shite a league title is a leage title, SPL, SFL3, Championship, League one.....

A league title is winning a league, SFL3 is a league and if (when) we win it it will be out 55th league title.

Not even debatable to be honest

And as for Juve 1- I don't know their history to comment on it, and 2- I don't give a fuck about Juve anyway

I'll say it again, a league title is a league title and to sing 54 league titles when we did infact have 55 then it would make us look like complete tit-heads

Aye that's right and every league title in the land gives you the opportunity to play in Europe because a sfl means the equivalent to a spl, not. Get a grip.

For all those who want to keep it 54 and say that only top flight titles count, then the words of the song will have to changed to '54 top flight titles'

When we win our 55th league title in SFL3, and sing 54 league titles, it will be totally wrong.

To keep it 54 then the words will have to be changed, singing 54 league titles when we have actually won 55 is just fucking stupid

FACT

:lol: have a bit of pride mate, running about singing 55 league titles after beating off stiff competition from Annan Athletic in non-professional 4th tier of scottish football. doh