The Official *** SPONSORS: Let's Spend The Money! *** Thread

govanblue

I would only like to see free tickets going to the regular members. I don't like this poor list or even a list. I would offer them to the folk like myself, mister c, govanblue blue who don't have season tickets this season. We may be able to afford tickets we may not, but I'm sure everyone would love a wee ticket where they don't have to worry about the 20 quid for that then travel then food or whatever.

Btw I just mentioned us 3 as I know we don't have st's. Not suggesting us to be on the list

No, I'll go with that list.

List now closed!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would only like to see free tickets going to the regular members. I don't like this poor list or even a list. I would offer them to the folk like myself, mister c, govanblue blue who don't have season tickets this season. We may be able to afford tickets we may not, but I'm sure everyone would love a wee ticket where they don't have to worry about the 20 quid for that then travel then food or whatever.

Btw I just mentioned us 3 as I know we don't have st's. Not suggesting us to be on the list

But seriously, the whole free ticket thing has got a wee bit out of hand. I only mentioned it to Keeps01 as an alternative strategy that members may want to consider - mainly to deflect him from the disappointment that we will NOT be using any more Sponsors' Fund money to provide tickets to members (unless circumstances change or the members vote otherwise)

If any members are interested in some kind of free ticket distribution service, which has nothing to do with the Sponsors' Fund, then I suggest they pm each other, and consider setting up another thread to discuss it properly.

This is a pretty good call. I'll contribute to that if more money is needed, and GB isn't burnt out from all his hard graft.

As I mentioned earlier, the biggest problem with this idea (maybe the only problem) is that raffling is a logistical nightmare for Admin.

bluepeter is also pretty burnt out from trying to keep on top of all the donations for the Sponsors' Fund (especially since you buggers insist on forgetting to add your Usernames!) and to ask him, or anyone to do that on a fortnightly basis, is just not fair.

If someone could think of a way of collecting raffle ticket money that was easy, secure, and did not involve admin killing themselves, then maybe it's something that could be considered. But I can't think of any such way :(

Nothing insulting about that. I just wanted to be sure that we couldn't be pulled up on a point of law :D

The schoolgirls and the granny's will be offended by that line, as for the EBT's, thats in the past you should forgive and forget now GB ( aye right!) :rolleyes:

I wish TBB team all the best, sure they will come up with something and succeed (tu)

The tickets , I go with your idea simple and fair (tu)

Send my bill in the post :thumbup:

The schoolgirls and the granny's will be offended by that line, as for the EBT's, thats in the past you should forgive and forget now GB ( aye right!) :rolleyes:

I wish TBB team all the best, sure they will come up with something and succeed (tu)

The tickets , I go with your idea simple and fair (tu)

Send my bill in the post :thumbup:

I'm really beginning to fall in love with that "50,000 strong" version - I think that is genius. I hope the committee like it too

But seriously, the whole free ticket thing has got a wee bit out of hand. I only mentioned it to Keeps01 as an alternative strategy that members may want to consider - mainly to deflect him from the disappointment that we will NOT be using any more Sponsors' Fund money to provide tickets to members (unless circumstances change or the members vote otherwise)

If any members are interested in some kind of free ticket distribution service, which has nothing to do with the Sponsors' Fund, then I suggest they pm each other, and consider setting up another thread to discuss it properly.

I was in a good mood, now you've really disappointed me.

Seriously, money collected by the donations of the RM faithful should be used for the greater good. It's only a few quid each, but amounts to a substantial amount that you have to deal with.

I don't envy you at all, but as I said a while back, you started it.

It has been an interesting journey so far and a learning curve for us all with regards to next season, and I sincerely hope this carries on with you at the forefront.

£150 left?

Stick it in to Erskine and be done with it.

Edit,

Till June. :lol:

Stick it in to Erskine and be done with it.

If only it were that simple :(

Most of the members donated on the understanding that the money would directly benefit Rangers.

But the good news is, there's been a development on the ticket front. I'll reveal all later :wink:

Call one a Tim and you will get the heave hoe :wink:

It's ok now - the nominations process has been a complete success, and I'm in no danger of being drafted in.

I am in danger of being barred from the threads though. For someone who didn't want to be on the committee, I've suddenly got a lot to say on the matter :D

Update:

(Well you didn't seriously think I'd let a whole day go by without an update did you?)

So regarding buying tickets for a couple of Bears for the Montrose game...

I have now received offers of free tickets from another 2 generous Bears (names withheld on request) :21:

So yet again, the RM Bears have answered the call. :clap: - as if there was ever any doubt they would!!

So that means that we will not have to dip in to the Sponsors' Fund to buy any tickets, so you can all get your thinking caps on again, and figure out how we're going to spend this damn money! :D

Would we not be better keeping the remaining money to start off our fund for next seasons sponsor?

I'm not really bothered tbh but there doesn't seem to be many suggestions what to spend it on and this would give us a head start

We could do that - but the good news is, we've already put aside £400 to go towards next year's sponsorship (see first post in this thread for full breakdown)

So maybe we'd want to spend some of the remaining £150, just cos it's fun?

Would we not be better keeping the remaining money to start off our fund for next seasons sponsor?

I'm not really bothered tbh but there doesn't seem to be many suggestions what to spend it on and this would give us a head start

Actually, the reverse is true, there are too many suggestions, but not enough of them have gained widespread support from enough members.

If anyone has contacts or is willing to stand outside Ibrox. Buy a couple home tops and get them signed by this seasons squad. Then auction the tops on here. Let the club know any money being raised is going to be invested into the club and I'd hope they'd be happy to help us get the signatures.

Actually, the reverse is true, there are too many suggestions, but not enough of them have gained widespread support from enough members.

Yeah i'm sure your right since you have been involved in it day in day out for weeks now :D I just pop into the thread now and again to see what is happening and I just thought maybe it would be easier to keep the money for next season since there wasn't an agreement what to do with what's left.

I'm not that bothered either way as long as it is spent on Rangers.

Yeah i'm sure your right since you have been involved in it day in day out for weeks now :D I just pop into the thread now and again to see what is happening and I just thought maybe it would be easier to keep the money for next season since there wasn't an agreement what to do with what's left.

I'm not that bothered either way as long as it is spent on Rangers.

I think Al's idea above is one of the best. A few others have suggested that too.

I know there has been many tributes on here for Rab who so sadly passed away at the game on Saturday. Would it not be a fitting gesture If ( with permission from his family) we used part of the fund for a Brick with suitable wording for him to be remembered by?

The money would still go to The Club and a Bear who never came home recognised.

Any thoughts?

Here is the final update for the monies raised for season 2012/2013...

Total Funds received (after PayPal deductions): £1443.12

Already Spent or allocated:

• £550 - Kit Sponsorship for Darren Cole Season 2012/2013
  • £38 - Christmas presents (official Rangers merchandise) for Ant, a young Bear in hospital*
  • £197 - 2 x Half Season tickets for Ant & his mum*
  • £33 - 33 Rangers Christmas Raffle Tickets
  • £10 - 10 Rangers Charity wristbands from Pam Jackson
  • £50 - Ibrox Stadium Brick - to be purchased soon
  • £50 - A second Ibrox Stadium brick - to be agreed later
  • £400 - Banked towards next season's match programme sponsorship

Total spent: £1328.00

Total still available to spend: £115.12

* Note: the money raised for Anthony was from a separate fund, but since the money was all spent on Rangers products, it can in effect be considered as Sponsors' Fund investment.

So that's this year's fundraising all done and dusted - now we can start thinking about season 2013/2014 doh