The Official *** SPONSORS: Let's Spend The Money! *** Thread

govanblue

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there has been many tributes on here for Rab who so sadly passed away at the game on Saturday. Would it not be a fitting gesture If ( with permission from his family) we used part of the fund for a Brick with suitable wording for him to be remembered by?

The money would still go to The Club and a Bear who never came home recognised.

Any thoughts?

If Rab's family agree, I think this is a great idea. (tu)

I personally also think it would be very fitting.

Some points I would propose, above the ones already made:

1. There is no urgency to rush to a decision. Now is obviously not an appropriate time to approach his family

2. This brick should not be a replacement for the RM brick previously agreed - it should be an additional brick

3. We already have enough money available to buy this brick - we currently have £165 spare

4. I would not want the paving brick to mention RangersMedia or anything like that. Simply a tribute to Rab.

5. I believe that buying this brick would be fully in accordance with the Sponsors' Fund agreement - namely that the money would directly benefit Rangers

I will continue to keep an eye on this thread, until it shows a clear consensus one way or the other.

So if you are one of the RM Sponsors (and even if you're not) please add your opinion to the thread.

I personally also think it would be very fitting.

Some points I would propose, above the ones already made:

1. There is no urgency to rush to a decision. Now is obviously not an appropriate time to approach his family

2. This brick should not be a replacement for the RM brick previously agreed - it should be an additional brick

3. We already have enough money available to buy this brick - we currently have £165 spare

4. I would not want the paving brick to mention RangersMedia or anything like that. Simply a tribute to Rab.

5. I believe that buying this brick would be fully in accordance with the Sponsors' Fund agreement - namely that the money would directly benefit Rangers

I will continue to keep an eye on this thread, until it shows a clear consensus one way or the other.

So if you are one of the RM Sponsors (and even if you're not) please add your opinion to the thread.

Agree with all of the above GB. (tu)

Think the majority, if not everyone, will agree with the brick for Rab.

Give the family time to come to terms with their loss before informing them of our intentions. Sure they will be grateful anyway.

Maybe drop his cousin who posted yesterday a PM to get him to pop his head in next month or that to mention it to his family.

Ok, so that's 16 in favour, and none in opposition.

So I think we can consider the motion carried.

I will set the funds aside for this, and we will look at working out the details in a few weeks or so.

I agree its a great gesture mate, but has it been okayed by his family? Remember you get a framed certificate with it and obviously this would go to them.

I agree its a great gesture mate, but has it been okayed by his family? Remember you get a framed certificate with it and obviously this would go to them.

Hi Jack,

no it hasn't been discussed with his family, but we've made it clear in a few previous posts that this would definitely be a prerequisite, but that now is obviously not the right time to approach his family.

So all I've done is allocate £50 from the fund for the purposes of buying "a second brick" at some point in the future. If his family are not fully supportive of the idea, then it won't happen.

Hi Jack,

no it hasn't been discussed with his family, but we've made it clear in a few previous posts that this would definitely be a prerequisite, but that now is obviously not the right time to approach his family.

So all I've done is allocate £50 from the fund for the purposes of buying "a second brick" at some point in the future. If his family are not fully supportive of the idea, then it won't happen.

(tu)

I know there has been many tributes on here for Rab who so sadly passed away at the game on Saturday. Would it not be a fitting gesture If ( with permission from his family) we used part of the fund for a Brick with suitable wording for him to be remembered by?

The money would still go to The Club and a Bear who never came home recognised.

Any thoughts?

Great idea mate im all for that (tu)