***The Official Queen's Park v Rangers Thread***

Amac9

People on here seem to forget we are a fully professional team with spl and international players yet are delighted when

We scrape by against teams like queens park who are fully amateur. Our wage bill is higher than most teams in the spl.

I'll get slated I'm sure but a team with players we have should be outplaying queens comfortably.

You'll not get slated from me mate, some valid points there. Only thing I would say though is that, bigger wage bill doesn't mean we necessarily mean we have better players for this league. Although they are an amateur side, all of those players are experienced in 3rd Division football. Most of our first team didn't even have regular first team football last season, and are only getting their first taste due to the happenings of the administration process.

We did win 1-0 with a last minute winner, but we completely dominated them with a team inexperienced in 3rd Div football. QP are also not a bad footballing side....well organised & hard working. Their keeper had 3 great saves today...Alexander only had to deal with 2 trundlers! We were missing Little, McLeod & Shiels....3 important players for us! It sounds grim winning 1-0 in the last minute, but when you take the above things into account, it's not as bad as it sounds!! Also, are we not 15 points clear?? :D

Does anyone have the actual stats for the game.

I would like to know how much possesion we had along with shots at goal. The way people are going on ITT, QP dominated us and we scrapped 3 points.

I find this hard to believe.

:It was us that dominated the game mate.

sky said possession was 50/50 till the sending off.

:lol: No fucking way was it 50/50. At most, I'd say 60/40 for us, at a push! More like 65/35.

McKay is one of the best passers in the team, today high and low balls were on target, intercepted a couple of times but accurate.

He tries passes that others wouldn't. While they don't always come off its good to see and he'll learn with experience when to make the right ones. Also good to see we finally have someone who can take a decent corner.

The programme today is outstanding. Numerous pro-Rangers bits and pieces, such as congratulating us on our 140 year history, stating that SFL Division 3 has two 5 star stadia (whilst the SPL has none), and of course the cover page which proudly states "The Oldest Derby in the World". Respect!

You'll not get slated from me mate, some valid points there. Only thing I would say though is that, bigger wage bill doesn't mean we necessarily mean we have better players for this league. Although they are an amateur side, all of those players are experienced in 3rd Division football. Most of our first team didn't even have regular first team football last season, and are only getting their first taste due to the happenings of the administration process.

We did win 1-0 with a last minute winner, but we completely dominated them with a team inexperienced in 3rd Div football. QP are also not a bad footballing side....well organised & hard working. Their keeper had 3 great saves today...Alexander only had to deal with 2 trundlers! We were missing Little, McLeod & Shiels....3 important players for us! It sounds grim winning 1-0 in the last minute, but when you take the above things into account, it's not as bad as it sounds!! Also, are we not 15 points clear?? :D

I agree bigger wage bill doesn't always bring success e.g man city in champs league but were talking about internationals who

Are used to playing against top drawer teams and players. Fair enough it's a shock for some to begin with but were half way

Through and guys like black look clueless.

My big issues are how the team is set up(lone striker), midfield and a lack of drive/pace at times.

Mccoist has had months to tinker on a formation but still tends to play with 1 up front which leads to long balls and slow

Pace.

I'm going sound like a greeting face b&£&d but we should be winning this league and more importantly we should be doing it with

Some style and entertainment for loyal fans. The latter 2 are missing.

McKay is one of the best passers in the team, today high and low balls were on target, intercepted a couple of times but accurate.

He mixes it up going outside and cutting in, a wee bit more outside work could help.

Wether we should be tired or not today we were

On the few occasions he went outside, he was able to deliver a more telling cross.

If accurate is dropping a looping ball in the box giving time for the defence to get underneath it...then accuracy is not enough

we need delivery at pace

On the few occasions he went outside, he was able to deliver a more telling cross.

If accurate is dropping a looping ball in the box giving time for the defence to get underneath it...then accuracy is not enough

we need delivery at pace

His assists this season are better than any other player, I tend to think he sees a move before the receiving player if it goes wrong.

Whatever "It" is he has it, not a bad word to say about him, his tracking back is also superb ..

How he called it a draw with the weans at half time ill never know, was a laugh booing the Queen's Park youngsters.

There's no winning or losing allowed in the kids' game these days.

And that was the best entertainment I saw all day (apart from the 92nd minute) - that wee keeper of ours was brilliant!! :clap:

His assists this season are better than any other player, I tend to think he sees a move before the receiving player if it goes wrong.

Whatever "It" is he has it, not a bad word to say about him, his tracking back is also superb ..

Spot on.

The lad is quality. The youngsters are doing a splendid job.

I think it does show the stature of Queen's Park that they didn't use their program to have little digs at the big club fallen on hard times (tu)

They've had the best pay day of them all, with another to follow - they've plenty to be grateful for!

Good to see so many fans still there at the end to see the goal I didn't see anyone leave early - if this game had been at Ibrox the subway loyal would have already left and missed the goal. :21:

:lol: I wouldn't say that. 5 guys from our bus gave up at half time & went back to the boozer to watch it on TV!! doh

Agreed though, was anticipating a big walk out! I think most people sensed a last minute winner though!!!