SPL Out of Contract Players

Blue Forever

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy and McGowan would be my first choices.

Personal information Full name James Murphy Date of birth 28 August 1989 (age 23) Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) Playing position Winger Club information Current club Motherwell Number 11 Senior career* Years Team Apps†(Gls)† 2006– Motherwell 174 (33) National team‡ 2007 Scotland U19 4 (0) 2008–2011 Scotland U21 13 (5)

Personal information Full name Ryan James McGowan Date of birth 15 August 1989 (age 23) Place of birth Adelaide, Australia Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in) Playing position Defender / Midfielder Club information Current club Heart of Midlothian Number 4 Youth career 2001–2004 Para Hills Knights 2004–2006 SASI Senior career* Years Team Apps†(Gls)† 2006 Para Hills 10 (1) 2006– Heart of Midlothian 57 (2) 2009–2010 → Ayr United (loan) 28 (1) 2011 → Partick Thistle (loan) 8 (0) National team‡ 2005–2006 Australia U-17 3 (0) 2007–2009 Australia U-20 21 (0) 2011–2012 Australia U-23 3 (0) 2012– Australia 2 (0

More than 2 or 3 additions would be a massive slap in the face for the players already in situ who have seen us through the dark days when we didn't know if we would be playing league football this season. They have got us where we are and deserve to be given a prolonged run and the opportunity to develop.

It also sends out the wrong message to kids in their early teens coming through the ranks or deciding who to sign for.

End of the season would be the correct time to review the staff against the challenges of whatever league the SFA/SPL/SFL dream up for us in 2013/14.

We need to negotiate pre contracts with these players in january. If we leave it till the summer all the best will already be lined up for other clubs.

McKay, Macleod, and Aird are still developing, and cant be relied upon too much.

We will need reinforcements come august.

Murphy and McGowan would be my first choices.

Personal information Full name James Murphy Date of birth 28 August 1989 (age 23) Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in) Playing position Winger Club information Current club Motherwell Number 11 Senior career* Years Team Apps†(Gls)† 2006– Motherwell 174 (33) National team‡ 2007 Scotland U19 4 (0) 2008–2011 Scotland U21 13 (5)

Personal information Full name Ryan James McGowan Date of birth 15 August 1989 (age 23) Place of birth Adelaide, Australia Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in) Playing position Defender / Midfielder Club information Current club Heart of Midlothian Number 4 Youth career 2001–2004 Para Hills Knights 2004–2006 SASI Senior career* Years Team Apps†(Gls)† 2006 Para Hills 10 (1) 2006– Heart of Midlothian 57 (2) 2009–2010 → Ayr United (loan) 28 (1) 2011 → Partick Thistle (loan) 8 (0) National team‡ 2005–2006 Australia U-17 3 (0) 2007–2009 Australia U-20 21 (0) 2011–2012 Australia U-23 3 (0) 2012– Australia 2 (0

Are they kaffliks ? This is all we need to know.

More than 2 or 3 additions would be a massive slap in the face for the players already in situ who have seen us through the dark days when we didn't know if we would be playing league football this season. They have got us where we are and deserve to be given a prolonged run and the opportunity to develop.

It also sends out the wrong message to kids in their early teens coming through the ranks or deciding who to sign for.

End of the season would be the correct time to review the staff against the challenges of whatever league the SFA/SPL/SFL dream up for us in 2013/14.

Sorry you'll need to make the writing a bit bigger my eyesights not the best.

Funnily enough they were both born the year Maurice Johnston signed for us. I couldn't care what their religion is.

Was a joke, lighten up.

I could not care less either.

Was Mo Johnston a kafflik before he signed for us ? That would be some co-incidence.

Paddy mcCourt in an orange away strip would be a laugh.

If we draw celtic in a cup send him out to take the corners in front of their fans. We can collect all the 2p they throw at him and donate to charity.

Seriously though, Novikovas looked OK, Bell as back up and Daly to get it right up Dundee HIVs plus he would be a decent target man.

whoever we get we'll need at least 5-6 new signings imo

I am totally against signing anyone now had enough of shite coming in over the years

we have a squad and young players good enough to compete - to learn and get better

NEVER BEFORE ! have we had this opportunity to have the same players so young grow as

a team and without any pressure to win cups - promotion is our aim.

I couldnt care if we dont sign anyone i want us to stick with the players we have

far better than anyone could have imagined and they deserve for once to go through

and progress their career at a club that has the supporters to watch them do it.

My biggest worry now we waste what we have and discard a lewis mc leod or Barrie Mc Kay

for some expensive waste of space signing - that will be my worst nightmare.

I am totally against signing anyone now had enough of shite coming in over the years

we have a squad and young players good enough to compete - to learn and get better

NEVER BEFORE ! have we had this opportunity to have the same players so young grow as

a team and without any pressure to win cups - promotion is our aim.

I couldnt care if we dont sign anyone i want us to stick with the players we have

far better than anyone could have imagined and they deserve for once to go through

and progress their career at a club that has the supporters to watch them do it.

My biggest worry now we waste what we have and discard a lewis mc leod or Barrie Mc Kay

for some expensive waste of space signing - that will be my worst nightmare.

Disagree with this.

We are still weak/short in a number of areas and we annoy miss the chance to improve the squa based on loyalty & sentiment.

I may get shot down here but looking at the list, it would have to be squad players we'd be looking at from it. With this in mind, 2 players i would try get (they shouldn't demand huge wages) are Brian Easton and John Baird from Dundee.

Easton is a RB which we could do with (nevermind cover for) and Baird has scored a few goals (60+) in the lower leagues.

As someone posted earlier, no point paying someone thousands to sit on a bench or in the stand.

Brian Easton is a left back and a tim