Are you happy with how things have gone so far this season ?

skinnymate1690

season so far  

204 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy ?

Were you at Peterhead yeaterday? Believe me, that wasn't "superb", nor was our first visit there. Annan, again, if you were there, either time, "superb" is not a word you'd be using. Hampden was awful, bar the last minute. Broadwood & Montrose away were average. Berwick away, we were lucky not to lose. Stirling Albion away.......enough said.

Unless you are quantifying "superb" away days on how drunk it is possible to get, then I really dont see where you're coming from on this. Its been fucking painful at times. Ochilview & Borough Briggs excepted, there's been very little to write home about.

Last summer was painful. Gut wrenching, devastating at times.

Watching Rangers have struggles on the pitch away from home after all that, I can put up with that for a season or so.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely that should be "Some people aren't very easily pleased", because clearly the majority are.

Maybe you care about Rangers success more than them, or maybe they have more perspective than you. Six and two threes, maybe.

Maybe he should stick to the Billy Boys or traditions threads if that is the drivel he spouts on actual football related threads.

Of course not but we shouldn't be expecting everything to be rosey after everything that's happened not too long ago.

I expect it to be better next season when we have a pre-season that isn't full of uncertainty and a squad who has been together for a year with hopefully a few new faces.

It's not been all doom and gloom like some are making out.

Indeed, anyone who was expecting us to go out and hammer teams this season after the Summer we had is living in a fantasy World.

Indeed, anyone who was expecting us to go out and hammer teams this season after the Summer we had is living in a fantasy World.

At no point have I said we would hammer teams, indeed, I laughed at the idea.

The performances and attitude of some players, and the apparent inability of the management team to make meaningful substitutions does not bode well.

Of course not but we shouldn't be expecting everything to be rosey after everything that's happened not too long ago.

I expect it to be better next season when we have a pre-season that isn't full of uncertainty and a squad who has been together for a year with hopefully a few new faces.

It's not been all doom and gloom like some are making out.

It certainly hasnt been all doom and gloom your right...and there has been alot of positives this season both on and off the park..The problem though is in the idea of us bringing in new faces.

Yes in order to get back to the top we will have to make signings but really at this level we should be working with what we have and building for the future...what will happen now because we aren't trying to play an expansive type of football with our youngsters is they will not be equipped to make the step up and I guarantee a number of those fans happy with just winning just now will be complaining we arent good enough when we stop winning, which we will playing this way..

Do things right now and it will stand us in good stead for years to come...I would honestly be happy seeing us lose a few games and trying to install a style and fluency to our play..we are going to win this league regardless to why not utilise this chance we have.

At no point have I said we would hammer teams, indeed, I laughed at the idea.

The performances and attitude of some players, and the apparent inability of the management team to make meaningful substitutions does not bode well.

Some of the substitutions have been baffling but a few of the substitutions have changed games this season. The performances of some the players haven't been up to scratch at times - Black, for example, has been mediocre all season. I see no reason for negativity surrounding the management team, we have been on cruise control at the top of the League for months. The big test will be at Tannadice in a few weeks, I'm optimistic about it.

Some of the substitutions have been baffling but a few of the substitutions have changed games this season. The performances of some the players haven't been up to scratch at times - Black, for example, has been mediocre all season. I see no reason for negativity surrounding the management team, we have been on cruise control at the top of the League for months. The big test will be at Tannadice in a few weeks, I'm optimistic about it.

It gives me no pleasure to say that Messrs McCoist, Durrant & McDowall are not up to this job long term. I'll say it all the same though.

It certainly hasnt been all doom and gloom your right...and there has been alot of positives this season both on and off the park..The problem though is in the idea of us bringing in new faces.

Yes in order to get back to the top we will have to make signings but really at this level we should be working with what we have and building for the future...what will happen now because we aren't trying to play an expansive type of football with our youngsters is they will not be equipped to make the step up and I guarantee a number of those fans happy with just winning just now will be complaining we arent good enough when we stop winning, which we will playing this way..

Do things right now and it will stand us in good stead for years to come...I would honestly be happy seeing us lose a few games and trying to install a style and fluency to our play..we are going to win this league regardless to why not utilise this chance we have.

This squad has still only been together for 7 months, I still believe with time the fluency and style will come. After the transfer embargo add to that a couple higher quality players to support the squad. Happy days.

There is room for improvement and it's obvious (to me anyway) that we will improve. But every week after a bad performance this season it's end of the world shit from some posters (calm down - Not you) and you'd honestly think we were going backwards. That's what I struggle to understand. People saying there's been no improvement this season. What are they watching?

It gives me no pleasure to say that Messrs McCoist, Durrant & McDowall are not up to this job long term. I'll say it all the same though.

Wipe that smile off ya face. ;)

That's your opinion and it's fine, it's hardly an original opinion on RM. But, I will say you are wrong, and that's my opinion.

Wipe that smile off ya face. ;)

That's your opinion and it's fine, it's hardly an original opinion on RM. But, I will say you are wrong, and that's my opinion.

I've been here since December 07 and I haven't been wrong once yet.

The hairs stood up on the back of my neck when Rangers took to the pitch against East Fife. The response of our support that night will stay in my memory for life. Knowing that Rangers are saved is up there with the birth of my children, as for success we will be Scottish Champions in three seasons.

It gives me great pleasure to say that I completely disagree with that, I've been here since November 07 and I've haven't been wrong once yet.

This squad has still only been together for 7 months, I still believe with time the fluency and style will come. After the transfer embargo add to that a couple higher quality players to support the squad. Happy days.

There is room for improvement and it's obvious (to me anyway) that we will improve. But every week after a bad performance this season it's end of the world shit from some posters (calm down - Not you) and you'd honestly think we were going backwards. That's what I struggle to understand. People saying there's been no improvement this season. What are they watching?

See I think 7 months is more than long enough for a team to gel and develop there own style of play. I appreciate there are those on here who will go over the top after bad performances but at the same time I do understand the frustration, especially from those who travel the length and breadth of the country every week.

You say there has been progress? Im not so sure there has been. We dont move the ball quick enough and often seem to lack imagination in the final third. If we are going to persist with one up top (which im fine with) we need to play in such a way as to get support and options to the front man at every opportunity. My big concern is that if we dont use this chance to develop a confidence and swagger in our play it will end up costing us millions replacing players as we move up to get our title back and it shouldn't have to. We have a blank canvass in some respects yet are going down the same route and some seem to be happy to accept mediocricy as long as we win....that will only get you so far if the players arent able to make the step up required.

See I think 7 months is more than long enough for a team to gel and develop there own style of play. I appreciate there are those on here who will go over the top after bad performances but at the same time I do understand the frustration, especially from those who travel the length and breadth of the country every week.

You say there has been progress? Im not so sure there has been. We dont move the ball quick enough and often seem to lack imagination in the final third. If we are going to persist with one up top (which im fine with) we need to play in such a way as to get support and options to the front man at every opportunity. My big concern is that if we dont use this chance to develop a confidence and swagger in our play it will end up costing us millions replacing players as we move up to get our title back and it shouldn't have to. We have a blank canvass in some respects yet are going down the same route and some seem to be happy to accept mediocricy as long as we win....that will only get you so far if the players arent able to make the step up required.

You can't see any improvement since Brechin in July? Since the ICT game? It hasn't been a continuous, steady improvement but this is football it will never be that simple or easy. Really though? You aren't sure if the side has improved in that time? Sorry, I just can't understand that opinion.

I see your point and no one wants to return to paying inflated fees for players but I don't share the pessimism that this young side, including the management, won't learn and (continue to) improve.

There has been pretty clear progress since the Summer.

Oh, and who's accepting mediocrity? We are 19 points clear after a stuttering start.

You can't see any improvement since Brechin in July? Since the ICT game? It hasn't been a continuous, steady improvement but this is football it will never be that simple or easy. Really though? You aren't sure if the side has improved in that time? Sorry, I just can't understand that opinion.

I see your point and no one wants to return to paying inflated fees for players but I don't share the pessimism that this young side, including the management, won't learn and (continue to) improve.

Well it's all about opinions...having seen or been at every game this season I would say our two best performances were against Motherwell and Falkirk both at Ibrox...now both of those were relatively early on and I haven't seen a level of improvement since then that I would have hoped for.

No one is saying the young players won't improve but if they learn to play first team football in the fractured/laboured way we have been it will be alot more difficult for them to create opportunities and defend against a higher standard of opponent.

We had a wee purple patch to mid-December but the performances have been dire since, frequently against 10 men.

What I thought was looking like steady improvement has stopped dead in it's tracks & gone backwards.

This season has proved in my mind we have the wrong manager to take advantage of our sojourn in the wilderness.

Ally is a clone of Walter and not a good one.

I've seen nothing in his time as manager that tells me he knows how to mould a football team and is tactically astute.

The positives have been the emergence of players like McLeod, Aird and McKay.

Im pretty happy when i think back to Feb-Aug last year when i would wake up and come on here dreading what bad news was on the menu that day. Off the pitch we seem to have owners who will stand up for us and in Charles Green we hav a real pitbull who may get carried away at times but is fiercly defending the club and has turned Scottish football upside down since he arrived with his witty charm and gloves off style of fighting. The share issue was a resounding success and we won the FTT, Walter is back and so is the feelgood vibe that Craig Whyte stole from us along with our cash.

On the pitch is not quite so clear cut, we are 19 points clear and that whilst it is to be expected, its still a welcome lead given the slip ups we have had. Our style of play is what is most concerning to me and many others and i believed and said at the start of the season that we should be really getting torn into teams by Nov/Dec that hasnt happened as much as i or most of us expected and the worrying thing is the lack of urgancy at times especialy at the start of a game, we have good attacking players like Temps, Shiels, McKay, Little who are all decent with the ball and quick, lively players but because of our long balls and aimless passing at times, they end up chasing the ball around or trying to get knock downs or flick ons which is good sometimes but not every attack. In Lewis MacLeod we have a great prospect, i see him as an exciting player who can get the ball down, pick out a great pass, works hard and can score too but he needs help and Ian Black right now is not helping as much as he could, i would keep Hutton and MacLeod together in CM and have Lewis as the driving force going forward and Kyle as more of a holding CM.

Defense wise we all know the issues there especialy with Perry who really needs somebody like Davie Weir to mentor him and help him as for the other defenders Wallace is our stand out by a mile and Hegarty will improve with age. Overall im happy with the results but alot more to do to make this a well drilled Rangers team.

Still playing football despite being illegally shafted by both the sfa and the sphell.

Still playing football in spite of that bastard Whyte.

Still playing football against all the best efforts of the Beeb and HMRC to put us out of business.

Still playing football thanks to CG and his backers.

Still playing football, NO THANKS to TBK, RST and their many media whores.

Still playing football despite an illegal transfer embargo. McLeod, McKay, Crawford, Hutton, Naismith, Hegarty may never have seen first team football. Youth is our future.

Still playing football (home games) in front of full-houses.

It could have been so much worse.

Played football then, playing football now, will play football forever.

This season has proved in my mind we have the wrong manager to take advantage of our sojourn in the wilderness.

Ally is a clone of Walter and not a good one.

I've seen nothing in his time as manager that tells me he knows how to mould a football team and is tactically astute.

The positives have been the emergence of players like McLeod, Aird and McKay.

:lol: :lol: management team is shit yet 3 young player have emerged under their tutelage : lol: : lol: you can't make this comedy gold up

I think we've got to be content with the way things have developed for us, both on and off the pitch. We are on course for the revival we all wish for, and I've no doubt that we WILL return bigger, better and stronger than ever before.

Remember this will be a long haul, and not a short term fix, but we now have an executive team in place that will be financially cautious and prudent, whilst ensuring that our voice is heard and heeded.

Onward and upward!