Are you happy with how things have gone so far this season ?

skinnymate1690

season so far  

204 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy ?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My outlook has been about improvement in technique and mindset when compared to other countries in Europe. I have watched us all season and i cringe when i see Alexander waving his players up the park as he repeatedly hits it long to our strikers. It was outdated and ridiculed 40 to 50 years ago and we are still using it as a tactic to beat 3rd division teams. Of all seasons this should have been the one where we played it out from the back.Played it on the ground and made the players think more about their movement and their technique.

As per usual though all you get is "we're 19 points clear"....sorry but i am looking for far more than just scraping past 3rd division teams.

Indeed.

Although people do say in some games there is little other choice than to battle against these teams although when I watch technically gifted teams like Swansea or the bigger clubs they very rarely resort to said tactics against their opponents.

It’s pass and move while looking for spaces all over the pitch, we at times overlook this method by hoofing it anywhere and hoping someone get’s on the end of it which will create a chance but this is not pleasant on the eye and leads to a scrappy affair which suits our opponents more than ourselves.

We at times this season have shown we are more than capable of playing an attractive brand of football and implementing the craft of Sheils, MacLeod with the skill of Templeton and McKay and I have to think that will improve with time and hopefully the constancy improves so it’s not just the odd game we see this in.

I fully agree with the Alexander point as more often than not we surrender possesion with his punts up the park.

Firstly i am delighted that we have survived the whole situation of last season. There have been postives and negatives but on a footballing side far more negatives IMO.

Postives

Share issue

Season ticket Sales/ Crowds

A CEO who finally stands up for us

Negatives

Terrible away form

Horrendous football constantly

some very poor signings in the summer (Stella, Black and Kyle)

Loyalty is a fantastic thing but if the product on the field dosent start getting better then i only see our crowds dwindling.

Firstly i am delighted that we have survived the whole situation of last season. There have been postives and negatives but on a footballing side far more negatives IMO.

Postives

Share issue

Season ticket Sales/ Crowds

A CEO who finally stands up for us

Negatives

Terrible away form

Horrendous football constantly

some very poor signings in the summer (Stella, Black and Kyle)

Loyalty is a fantastic thing but if the product on the field dosent start getting better then i only see our crowds dwindling.

Some of that I'd like to challenge.

The away form at the start of the season was totally unacceptable but since then we have won 7 away games on the trot so on the whole I don't think its fair to categorize it as a negative.

Stella never got a chance and was gone. Black has been mediocre but still plenty of time left to show himself to be a good signing and Kyle? I think Kyle's done an alright job and was coming into some form before he was injured.

And again this horrible football myth. Some of our football has been mediocre especially at the start of the season and more recently in the away wins at Queens Park & Peterhead but what about the away victories over Montrose, Elgin & East Stirling? Or the early season home wins over East Stirling, Elgin & Montrose? Even the recent victory at home to Berwick I thought we played quite nicely in.

As with all title winning teams there's games we have turned on the style & results we've grinded out. People need to focus on the whole picture rather than nit picking the grinding out victories in my opinion (tu)

Off the field I am delighted with how things are shaping up, on the field I think we have been pretty poor if I'm honest. I appreciate that our youngsters are learning their trade and inconsistency was always going to be an issue but I still expected more from us. Some on here would have you believe that our opposition are a better standard than the league they play in suggests.I dont believe this to be the case,we have allowed these teams to look good through our own ineptitude the majority of the time. Yes we are cruising the league but we have some way to go before we are anywhere near the standard expected of a Rangers team.

Point me in the direction of said claim.

Nah didn't think you could.

Happy with the long ball tactic are you?

That you know better than the 'Ally lovers' (as you labelled anyone who presumably isn't unhappy with the way this season has gone)? It's screaming out of every post you've made in this thread.

I'm not happy with some of the tactics we've employed, no. I'm more than happy with the results, so far.

Some of that I'd like to challenge.

The away form at the start of the season was totally unacceptable but since then we have won 7 away games on the trot so on the whole I don't think its fair to categorize it as a negative.

Stella never got a chance and was gone. Black has been mediocre but still plenty of time left to show himself to be a good signing and Kyle? I think Kyle's done an alright job and was coming into some form before he was injured.

And again this horrible football myth. Some of our football has been mediocre especially at the start of the season and more recently in the away wins at Queens Park & Peterhead but what about the away victories over Montrose, Elgin & East Stirling? Or the early season home wins over East Stirling, Elgin & Montrose? Even the recent victory at home to Berwick I thought we played quite nicely in.

As with all title winning teams there's games we have turned on the style & results we've grinded out. People need to focus on the whole picture rather than nit picking the grinding out victories in my opinion (tu)

You and i must be going to different games all i have seen this season is long ball pish and we have struggled to finish off teams. Black has been a huge let down in my eyes, Kyle has also done very little and i really cant see his contract being renewed for next season.

Stella is a baffling one why sign this guy if we werent gonna give him a chance its Walter Smith all over again.

I'm not entirely happy with our perfomances, we're comfortable at the moment points wise but on the field we still don't know what kind of performace were going to get.

What I have noticed in this league is that we don't get a chance to play football, there always seems to be a lack of space or the players aren't creating it, we don't seem to stretch defences.

The team is still young and If Ally can bring them on then I'd expect more consistensy next season.

Our game against dumdee utd will show how much progression there's been.....hopefully

Not happy with the on the park performances. The Peterhead managers comments were in poor taste -- from a manager -- but was he really wrong?

Off the park, delighted in Mr Green and the position we are now in financially... BTC (hopefully) gone forever.. money in the bank etc. A place in England would do me fine. (tu)

You and i must be going to different games all i have seen this season is long ball pish and we have struggled to finish off teams. Black has been a huge let down in my eyes, Kyle has also done very little and i really cant see his contract being renewed for next season.

Stella is a baffling one why sign this guy if we werent gonna give him a chance its Walter Smith all over again.

Stella was a baffling one I agree but no harm really done - we liked the look of him when he came in for a trial but on closer examination he wasn't cut out for it so we released him. Waste of time and money but not a disaster.

Black has been a huge letdown I'd agree with you there. Still disagree on Kyle poor start and issues over fitness but he was doing well before he got injured and was scoring and leading the line very effectively.

The long ball stuff can be irritating and you're entirely right to suggest some games the performances have been poor or very ordinary but there have also been some very good performances where we have smashed the opposition, scored a ton of goals and won comfortably. You can't win every game 5-1 or 6-2 sometimes you have to grind out results (tu)