Lee back against utd

robg58

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3246-lee-boost-for-gers

Lee Boost For Gers

Written by Lindsay Herron

0af3c7658b7fd19d1a969ae0ef63006b_XL.jpg

RANGERS could be set for a massive boost ahead of Saturday’s high profile Scottish Cup tie at Tannadice with the return of Lee McCulloch.

The skipper is being pencilled in for a return against Dundee United, who look set to appoint Jackie McNamara as their new boss tomorrow following the departure of Peter Houston yesterday.

And McCoist knows that will be a huge boost to the team who will be playing without the normally vociferous backing of the Rangers supporters following the decision not to take tickets for the fifth round tie.

McCoist said: “I got a report from our physio Pip Yeates today and the good news is that Lee is making steady progress.

“I would be very hopeful that our captain would be involved in the weekend and it follows that Lee would be very keen to play.

“We will monitor him and we will be in a better position to make a judgement later in the week.

“It’s safe to say that having the captain in our side at Tannadice would be great. Lee obviously has a lot of experience all over Europe and in the UK and he is a player we would love to have with us at the weekend.”

Partick Thistle announced today that they have given permission for McNamara and his assistant Simon Donnelly to talk to United.

It is expected they will be announced tomorrow and therefore the former Celtic pair’s first game in charge will be against Rangers on Saturday.

McCoist better not play him in midfield if he does then we will loose.

I am dreading seeing this team and unfortunetley I think the chances are that this will be the team Utd will hammer us if it is.

Alexander

Hegarty Perry Cribari Wallace

Little Black McCulloch Hutton Templeton

Sandaza

I am dreading seeing this team and unfortunetley I think the chances are that this will be the team Utd will hammer us if it is.

Alexander

Sandaza

If you could bet on line ups I would put money on ally going for that exact 11 mate.

Great news but i would be gutted if Jig is in midfield, we need him up front battering their defence, or at worst in our defence with MacLeod out though i can see Ally sticking him in his worst position though. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst regarding the line up on Sat, we are best when we attack not when we try to shut up shop.

Great news but i would be gutted if Jig is in midfield, we need him up front battering their defence, or at worst in our defence with MacLeod out though i can see Ally sticking him in his worst position though. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst regarding the line up on Sat, we are best when we attack not when we try to shut up shop.

Spot on mate. And it is this that pisses me off about Super. He ain't Walter. Walter could shut up shop and still win... Ally needs to play to HIS strengths which of course is attacking football. This will take them by surprise. ffs. What do we have to lose?

Go out and attack Ally!

WATP and GSTQ.

Spot on mate. And it is this that pisses me off about Super. He ain't Walter. Walter could shut up shop and still win... Ally needs to play to HIS strengths which of course is attacking football. This will take them by surprise. ffs. What do we have to lose?

Go out and attack Ally!

WATP and GSTQ.

:thumbup:

Alexander

Sandaza

Doubt it think wee bazza will start , think ally's been keepin him in cotton wool for this game