Juve at Murray Park

this is not unusual to be honest, i'm sure lots of clubs train at the home of rivals of the team they are up against in Europe, most clubs will train in the facilities of the team they are drawn with but some may wish a bit of privacy i would imagine.

The only thing that totally shocks me is . . . . . that Juve don't have a special bond with tha famous Glasgow Sellik, i thought they had a special relationship with every side in Europe? :rolleyes:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that a club hoping to get an advantage in a Champions League tie because they don't believe their opponents should be allowed to train anywhere would be seen more as petty than us allowing a top class European football club to not have to train in a park.

I have read some of the over-reaction in the papers this morning, and utterly despair at the desparation people have to print stories that are negative about Rangers.

If the rest of Scottish football was interested in the co-efficient, they would have supported us in our UEFA Cup run, they would also have not banished us out of the SPL when Sporting Merit should have seen us be a Champions League contender (and the SFA should have lobbied UEFA stating that our case had special circumstances, and therefore didn't require the normal period of time before we could enter European competition).

If the rest of Scottish football wanted us to support them in anything, they could have made it clear that they didn't want to see us go out of existence.

Personally, I would be happy if we ensure that our coaches and scouts gave over every piece of information, on every player in the SPL to any club in Europe who was playing any of them and was remotely interested.

I doubt it has anything to do with 'connection' its probably just makes sense geographically, and it's the best training facilities in the country. That's all.

you would think that every team that played them would use our facilities then or every national side that played Scotland at Hampden

i think the fact Souness was the Blackburn manager played a part in it

Juve need to train somewhere, but i think it lacks class that A/We apparently offered the facilities and B/We somehow think its news worthy to the extent we publish it on our official site.

All in all its a silly wee story that we should be above.

So you are saying we should act arrogantly and with a superiority complex?

So you are saying we should act arrogantly and with a superiority complex?

We should act like a club should act. We rush out a story on this, give it a status that it doesnt deserve and according to reports this morning Juve are saying they aint even sure they will train there?

So what the fuck was this all about, other than making us look like idiots. Its time Green,Traynor et al to shut the fuck up and get on with making us a success again. I am sick of this phony wee publicity war, its irrelevant.

We should act like a club should act. We rush out a story on this, give it a status that it doesnt deserve and according to reports this morning Juve are saying they aint even sure they will train there?

So what the fuck was this all about, other than making us look like idiots. Its time Green,Traynor et al to shut the fuck up and get on with making us a success again. I am sick of this phony wee publicity war, its irrelevant.

If its so irrelevant why the aggressive comments?

wonder how much Mr Green will be charging Juve for the use of our facilities?

Why shouldnt we hire out the finest facility of its kind in Scotland?

Juve clearly have a need for it, why should'nt we, in the name of sporting integrity and fairness offer them the hire of ours?

I'm probably going to get panned for it, but the whole thing reeks of jealousy and amateurism.

We keep saying we have nothing to do with that lot, yet it feels like every CG press conference mentions 'Celtic' and we have press releases offering their opponents training facilities in some thinly veiled attempt to 'stoke up' the old rivalry. Offer them facilities, build relations - that's fine. Perhaps there would even be scope to bring in some younger players on loan at some point? Makes perfectly good sense. A press release though, on our official website? Seriously?

And what if Juve knock the offer back after we said they're definitely coming? It'll be more egg on our face.

Stick to concentrating on ourselves, thanks.