Poll time: Should Ally go at the end of the season?

GOAT

Should Ally step down come May  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally step down come May

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The best thing for the club? Otherwise what? We won't get a straight run back to the SPL? Nonsense.

It's almost a certainty that we will get an unbroken run back to the SPL regardless however that's not the issue....if we just labour through the next few years until we are back in the SPL then we gain nothing from this where we should be for the first time in a long time, planning long term....as soon as we are back competing with Celtic there is no room/time for that so this is our chance and we are not taking it under ally!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealing with what? That you can't handle the fact many fans want a change from the shite lacklustre football we have been watching for god knows how long?

I know a change will come if things continue on the park like they have done, Charles Green is not an idiot and the support are already making there feelings known at the games.

It's not about Ally McCoist it's about The Rangers and the latter will always come first.

'Many fans' - Have you taken a straw poll? Or is this based on people booing in the heat of the moment? Don't tell me it's message boards, messageboards represent a miniscule percentage of the Rangers support - and even then I'd say its roughly 50/50.

'I know a change will come if things continue on the park like they have done' Really? What are you basing this on? Rangers aren't exactly known for big sweeping changes are they? Especially if we're winning trophies.

I'm aware it's about Rangers, thanks. People keep saying this as if It that hadn't occurred to any of us. Believe it or not but there are actually a fair number of people who are either willing to give Ally time or are fully behind him. That the best thing for the club is to stick with someone we trust.

Do you really believe McCoist won't get us back into the SPL with consecutive promotions?

It's almost a certainty that we will get an unbroken run back to the SPL regardless however that's not the issue....if we just labour through the next few years until we are back in the SPL then we gain nothing from this where we should be for the first time in a long time, planning long term....as soon as we are back competing with Celtic there is no room/time for that so this is our chance and we are not taking it under ally!

We need to start building now! otherwise they bastards could be looking at going on a very big run of winning the spl. Whilst we're trying to fix our problems.

Ally has to go for the sake of the club. He aint cutting it and has given no confidence that he can deliver.

'Many fans' - Have you taken a straw poll? Or is this based on people booing in the heat of the moment? Don't tell me it's message boards, messageboards represent a miniscule percentage of the Rangers support - and even then I'd say its roughly 50/50.

'I know a change will come if things continue on the park like they have done' Really? What are you basing this on? Rangers aren't exactly known for big sweeping changes are they? Especially if we're winning trophies.

I'm aware it's about Rangers, thanks. People keep saying this as if It that hadn't occurred to any of us. Believe it or not but there are actually a fair number of people who are either willing to give Ally time or are fully behind him. That the best thing for the club is to stick with someone we trust.

Do you really believe McCoist won't get us back into the SPL with consecutive promotions?

What about dwindling attendances?

Otherwise we will be playing in a 1/2 empty stadium as nobody can be bothered with the chore that is sitting through 90 minutes of Ally's 'Hard fought points'.

We have a chance here to do something special and we are blowing it by sticking by someone who is so clearly not up to the job.

Only if you have the attention span of a 6 year old. Next season will be the one to truly judge McCoist, things change and teams evolve. He's been working under almost impossible circumstances for the last year.

Only if you have the attention span of a 6 year old. Next season will be the one to truly judge McCoist, things change and teams evolve. He's been working under almost impossible circumstances for the last year.

Thats a laugh, he has been playing 2-bit part time nobodies with a team of SPL players some on whom are international players. This is as easy as it gets and look at the state of us!!

He hasn't had a chance for long term planning. That was a fanciful notion last Summer, we were in a Hell of a mess. He deserves next season at least as he's been working under almost impossible circumstances.

Thats a laugh, he has been playing 2-bit part time nobodies with a team of SPL players some on whom are international players. This is as easy as it gets and look at the state of us!!

22 points clear without ever getting out of 1st gear. We're about the enter the Summer where we can tinker with the squad and prepare properly.

We need to start building now! otherwise they bastards could be looking at going on a very big run of winning the spl. Whilst we're trying to fix our problems.

Ally has to go for the sake of the club. He aint cutting it and has given no confidence that he can deliver.

:lol: You've been against him from the start. There will be no convincing you. Ever.

22 points clear without ever getting out of 1st gear. We're about the enter the Summer where we can tinker with the squad and prepare properly.

Thats because Ally cant get them out of first gear, If he had them in 3-4 gear. His managerial skills would not be being questioned. It has not happened for him from his first game to his last.

I'm talking about going to the games and listening to the people beside me, guys on the subway, guys in the pub as well as those on here. It's no shock to learn a fair amount want this to change and before its too late. We have already fucked about this season and still have no clue what our best eleven is or our best way of playing. We have struggled beyond anyone's imaginations and Ibrox has lost that fear factor it used to have for teams, now 3rd division clubs come and sing " can we play you every week".

Of course we will get back to the SPL but what happens when we get there with Ally's punt it no clue football? We have already been torn to bits by Inverness and Dundee United while having a team of international and the pick of the best SPL players out with Celtic last season.

The fans are making their feeling known and I d t know if you noticed but attendances are dwindling and fans are leaving earlier than at the start of the season, it's down to piss poor product on the park and Ally is just not doing enough to motivate HIS players, the ones he brought here.

Thats because Ally cant get them out of first gear, If he had them in 3-4 gear. His managerial skills would not be being questioned. It has not happened for him from his first game to his last.

Really? Did you have your eyes closed during the winter period when we went on that winning run? It effectively won us the League and we've been on cruise control ever since.

He hasn't had a chance for long term planning. That was a fanciful notion last Summer, we were in a Hell of a mess. He deserves next season at least as he's been working under almost impossible circumstances.

I just can't agree that long term planning was some far fetched dream....it could have and should have been implemented this year....we have barely got out of second gear this season and are still 22 points clear....no matter what getting out this division was a given so more time should have been spent developing a structure on and off the field....the problem is we have approached it like the SPL and tried to grind out results whilst spending a fortune on players that won't be here either next season or the one after that! I get the impression unlike some posters on here who hide behind the loyalty argument that you have an opinion and a brain which is great but surely you must see what could have been achieved here....the fans are getting turned off at a time when we should have been harassing the togetherness at the start of the season....would you not agree we have approached this season in the wrong way and weather or not ally stays this season has been a wasted year and big changes will need to now happen that should have started this year?

Really? Did you have your eyes closed during the winter period when we went on that winning run? It effectively won us the League and we've been on cruise control ever since.

Yea we had a few decent games against part time players. All i know, Ally has had us turfed out of a lot of cups. and his style of play is rank. The only game that sticks out for me is the beating we give Celtic at Ibrox to stop them winning the lg. His fucking signings have been brutal aswell. apart from a few.

Attendances won't fall significantly enough to force Charles to act. Our attendances have been stunning all season.

I take it you missed the 25000 empty seats at the game on Sat, a sign of things to come unless we get a proper manager am afraid.

I'm talking about going to the games and listening to the people beside me, guys on the subway, guys in the pub as well as those on here. It's no shock to learn a fair amount want this to change and before its too late. We have already fucked about this season and still have no clue what our best eleven is or our best way of playing. We have struggled beyond anyone's imaginations and Ibrox has lost that fear factor it used to have for teams, now 3rd division clubs come and sing " can we play you every week".

Of course we will get back to the SPL but what happens when we get there with Ally's punt it no clue football? We have already been torn to bits by Inverness and Dundee United while having a team of international and the pick of the best SPL players out with Celtic last season.

The fans are making their feeling known and I d t know if you noticed but attendances are dwindling and fans are leaving earlier than at the start of the season, it's down to piss poor product on the park and Ally is just not doing enough to motivate HIS players, the ones he brought here.

Are we going to have this 'players switch off when they feel their is noting to play for....look at Celtic....fuck, look at Barcelona for Christ sake....' argument than you have no reply for? No manager on the World can motivate a player who feels there is nothing left to play for. It's not exclusive to Rangers.

People moan at games? No shit. I've been listening to the same moaning fuckers sitting around me for 23 years. That's what they do.

Next season is the time to fairly judge Ally. Give him a Summer to evaluate and tinker with the squad.