Poll time: Should Ally go at the end of the season?

GOAT

Should Ally step down come May  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally step down come May

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I deliberately didn't vote on this for weeks as I felt really uncomfortable with the question

Week after week and game after game my finger has hovered over the 'Yes' button but a sense of loyalty prevented me from voting

Yesterday was the final straw

The performances are driving people away in their droves, I know people who drove miles through atrocious conditions yesterday only to be served up with that performance

It's not good enough and needs to change and change soon as the ST renewals are out soon and even although many of us will just renew automatically anyway there are plenty who won't

And a lot of those who renew will pick and choose their games

Sorry Ally, time to do the right thing. The excuses are wearing thin

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Ally to stay I love the guy, there is something wrong at the club/in the dressing room and we have a transfer ban so can't buy anyone.

Got to keep the faith with Ally remember all he has done for our club.

Get behind him.

I'll still boo if the football is bad, just like I'll cheer when it is good. I pay my money I have a right to express my feelings!

Ally imo should be kept at Ibrox in some capacity, but he doesn't cut it to be manager of our great club, his motivational skills are rock bottom imo, and I feel he is far too friendly with the players, we need a Souness type of manager to boot a few arses.

Yeah there's no way he's leaving in the summer. He will get until summer 2014 at least and if he improves the team he then great. We need to get rid of some of the shite in our team and be smart about our signings. I'm somewhat optimistic for some reason.

Yeah there's no way he's leaving in the summer. He will get until summer 2014 at least and if he improves the team he then great. We need to get rid of some of the shite in our team and be smart about our signings. I'm somewhat optimistic for some reason.

You pished too? :beer1:

No, he should be given a transfer window to operate in and he deserves our support for what he has done to steer us through the last year.

The backroom coaches and scouts should go though.

This could be a workable option mate.

Bring in a couple of seasoned coaches to help Ally, he is still learning his trade afterall.

Keeping the manager and sacking his assistants is a bit of a desperate move.

Disagree, too stoned to get my point across well enough, but a change of coaches could do the world of good. Many people believe that the training is a major issue, well new coaches would certainly help in that aspect. Just having someone new to bounce ideas off, and pick up some ideas from could be a great help.

At the very least we need to bring in a good defensive coach, I don't believe we currently have one?

Disagree, too stoned to get my point across well enough, but a change of coaches could do the world of good. Many people believe that the training is a major issue, well new coaches would certainly help in that aspect. Just having someone new to bounce ideas off, and pick up some ideas from could be a great help.

At the very least we need to bring in a good defensive coach, I don't believe we currently have one?

Each to their own I guess, to me something like that would be a very last resort attempt to stick with a failing manager, McDowall and Durrant should only go if they're following Ally. I imagine that's how Ally himself would see it anyway,

Stoned, seriously gogzy? :D

Each to their own I guess, to me something like that would be a very last resort attempt to stick with a failing manager, McDowall and Durrant should only go if they're following Ally. I imagine that's how Ally himself would see it anyway,

Stoned, seriously gogzy? :D

For a change :lol:

Is it that unusual for a manager to replace a head coach, or other members of his backroom staff, if he feels things are not working?

He might stick with them, bring in a defensive coach and go from there. But i'd like to think we would look at all options before getting rid of the manager. To me, clubs sacking their managers is becoming a far too regular thing. I am sure some guy down south mentioned about it recently that there have been about 100 managers sacked in the last few years.

Just seems the easy way out, and not always going to work. We could bring in a new manager and he could face the exact same problems with the team. How long does he get and how much money does he get to spend before he is deemed not good enough and we need to start all over again.

For a change :lol:

Is it that unusual for a manager to replace a head coach, or other members of his backroom staff, if he feels things are not working?

He might stick with them, bring in a defensive coach and go from there. But i'd like to think we would look at all options before getting rid of the manager. To me, clubs sacking their managers is becoming a far too regular thing. I am sure some guy down south mentioned about it recently that there have been about 100 managers sacked in the last few years.

Just seems the easy way out, and not always going to work. We could bring in a new manager and he could face the exact same problems with the team. How long does he get and how much money does he get to spend before he is deemed not good enough and we need to start all over again.

If Ally really wanted to make all these moves himself then fair enough (doubt it though), I just mean the situation is doomed if the owners are forcing it upon the manager.

It's ridiculous the amount of managers that get sacked in England, but we hardly have a history of constant chopping and changing. I just really think we need to make a change here, and look incredibly carefully to get the right man.

I think for the best of this football club he needs to stand back and allow someone else to come in.

There is always a place for Ally at the club but the past 18 months have shown its not in the dugout sadly.

The best thing for the club? Otherwise what? We won't get a straight run back to the SPL? Nonsense.

Why do I need to deal with it? It doesn't make any sense, you should be dealing with it.

Dealing with what? That you can't handle the fact many fans want a change from the shite lacklustre football we have been watching for god knows how long?

I know a change will come if things continue on the park like they have done, Charles Green is not an idiot and the support are already making there feelings known at the games.

It's not about Ally McCoist it's about The Rangers and the latter will always come first.

The best thing for the club? Otherwise what? We won't get a straight run back to the SPL? Nonsense.

Otherwise we will be playing in a 1/2 empty stadium as nobody can be bothered with the chore that is sitting through 90 minutes of Ally's 'Hard fought points'.

We have a chance here to do something special and we are blowing it by sticking by someone who is so clearly not up to the job.