Ally ready to become a loser, to become a winner.

KingKirk

ALLY McCOIST has warned Rangers fans he might have to write off the first month of next season.

The Ibrox boss is ready to show his ruthless streak by axing some of his underperforming stars this summer.

That’s despite Rangers’ transfer embargo meaning he wouldn’t be able to replace them until September 1.

But he insists he’ll have no problems going with the kids for the month of August if it leaves the club in better shape for the rest of the season.

McCoist said: “If I need to make drastic changes I’ll just have to explain to the fans that the first four games might be a problem.

“I know that and I’m big enough to take the flak that goes with it. We might lose two of those first four games, I don’t know.

“But if a decision has to be made then I’m prepared to make it. If I have to play kids for the first four games then it has to be done because I have to look beyond that.”

Last week McCoist defended his team against chief executive Charles Green’s accusations they’re the worst ever, only to see them crash at home to Annan.

Seven days later he was fighting his own corner and hitting back at claims he and his staff aren’t working to a plan for the future.

McCoist, whose side scraped a 1-0 win at Elgin yesterday, said: “I’m absolutely 100 per cent clear on what’s required.

“I know what’s needed in the short-term and I’m certainly aware of what’s required in the long-term.

“Contrary to what’s been said, I do have a plan. It’s a strange situation — we have to look short-term because we have to win the league, whichever league it is.

“But we also have to look longer term. You maybe have to make changes half way through the short-term to continue with your long-term.

“Is this the hardest time to be Rangers manager? When has a manager said before the season’s finished he might have to put out a team that might lose their first four games of the following season?

“Has that happened before? No. But that’s the situation and madness we’re faced with.

“However if anyone is saying we aren’t together as a staff and focused with a plan and a route back I have to reassure everyone we are.

“In the coming weeks it will be made crystal clear to everybody what the plan is in terms of youth, scouting, the first team and so on.

“Everything will be looked at and a plan will be put in place and in operation. All these questions will be answered in time.”

McCoist won’t just spend the upcoming week preparing for Saturday’s clash with Stirling Albion as the Third Division title edges ever closer.

He’s also planning on taking in as many games as possible as he continues to scout new faces.

McCoist said: “I’m hoping to watch a lot of football over the next four or five weeks and I’ll certainly be more selective in the games I’ll be going to.

“I went to Man United v Real Madrid last week although that doesn’t do you any harm either because that’s where you want to be eventually.

“But in terms of players I’m going to look at it won’t be involving too many players from those two clubs.”

SunSport revealed Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell has penned a pre-contract with the Ibrox side but McCoist is reluctant to confirm any new signings.

He added: “You have got to respect the player coming in. My priority would be to protect the new player, even if in the short-term he’s not with us.

“A marquee signing would be good but because of the circumstances your marquee signings are not going to be a Brian Laudrup or Paul Gascoigne.

“But that’s not to say they won’t be as important as those two guys were.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4845694/Im-ready-to-be-a-loser-so-I-end-up-a-winner.html#ixzz2NkxKoSiI

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I like what Ally has to say for a change. The reason why everyone has gone mad over the past weeks is because of the players on twitter acting as if they don't care.

Ally McCoist coming out and saying performances are good when there clearly not and the team playing brutal football.

There have been a few youngsters brought in to the team ie: McKay,Crawford,Naismith,Aird and Macleod.

I would like to see more younger players in the team instead of people like Black, Sheils and Emilson cribari.

He knows what needs done imo. I hope he gets a good few in. 5/6 maybe.

How much of a budget for new players do you think he'll get ?

I don't think much. Just my point of view but would it not be better keeping it for when we get to the Premier League instead of using it to face the likes of Brechin ,Alloa and Stranrear ?

I'd be happy to see him go with youth for the rest of the season, I really would, because some of the shite senior players produce is embarrassing.

I don't think we would lose any games through changes. A team like:

Alexander, Argyriou, McCulloch, Gasparotto, Wallace, McKay, Crawford, MacLeod, Templetom, Hemmings & Little would be quite good to see in my opinion.

Then have something like this: Bell, Hateley, McCulloch, Gasparotto, Wallace, McKay, MacLeod, new CM, Templeton, Little & Hemmings?

There could be drastic changes though, but without names and confirmation it's hard. I just hope he doesn't opt for a lone striker.

I'll believe it when I see it. How can Ally Axe guys that are on 3-4 year contracts? Who the fuck is going to take Cribari, Black, and Sandaza on? Who will pay them what we're paying them because I doubt they'd leave for a reduced wage. You talk the talk let's see you walk the walk. Get these duds to fuck!

I feel sorry for Ally to be honest. He's been waiting his whole life for this job and it just isn't going right at all. He's caught between a rock and a hard place trying to keep us happy and be liked and respected by the team. He night just be too nice a guy for a job like this so it's either do what a manager must do no matter what or call it a day.

I think throwing the young lads in for the last couple of games of the season would be a good thing if this is the plan for the start of next season.

It would give the youngsters experience which will be useful, and if they perform well, it would give the senior players something to think about as well, which in turn could help their performances.

It looks like Ally knows we will not put up with the dire football being played this season.

However, can he pick the players needed to join us?

History says a resounding NO.

His signings (Templeton excluded) have been woeful.

He is at last chance saloon, and I wish him well, but unless the football improves, I will be a non attending season ticket holder.

I am NOT prepared to work hard all week to watch a team of highly paid footballers slacking!

The Ibrox boss is ready to show his ruthless streak by axing some of his underperforming stars this summer.

It will be interesting to see how he is going to do this as they are all on big wages with long contracts that he has just signed them on,there is no chance they will leave by choice and nobody is going to buy them,apart from that it's not a bad statement ,it will be interesting to hear what his plan is for the future

That's bang on the money from Ally, that sounds much more promising from him. If he does put the youngsters in it's then up to the fans to get right behind them and have some patience with them.

You don't want to frighten them, you want them to love playing for Rangers, especially at Ibrox.