Ally = We should be in the 2nd tier of 12

I think this is partly just a political manoevering tactic from our club here.

What i think this could be trying to acheive is for the reconstruction to fail. Basically if enough of the Ranges haters see that we are going to go up from the 4th tier to just 1 season away from the SPL, they will vote against it. They hate us that much that we are one and only thing that matters in the whole reconstruction debate.

If we come out and say we dont like the reconstruction they will vote for it. If we say we will benefit by the reconstruction, they will vote against it.

I agree we should be in the second tier BUT if we win that were in the top league. ..is that enough time to prepare a good squad considering the way we play just now?

When we return every spl club will fight us like a cup final so I cant see us winning the spl/premier for at least one season until it all dies down.

I agree we should be in the second tier BUT if we win that were in the top league. ..is that enough time to prepare a good squad considering the way we play just now?

When we return every spl club will fight us like a cup final so I cant see us winning the spl/premier for at least one season until it all dies down.

That's not really the point. We deserve to be promoted, there's a precedent for it.

I think this is partly just a political manoevering tactic from our club here.

What i think this could be trying to acheive is for the reconstruction to fail. Basically if enough of the Ranges haters see that we are going to go up from the 4th tier to just 1 season away from the SPL, they will vote against it. They hate us that much that we are one and only thing that matters in the whole reconstruction debate.

If we come out and say we dont like the reconstruction they will vote for it. If we say we will benefit by the reconstruction, they will vote against it.

I think we're just playing the propaganda game here and yes I'm sure there is enough hatred out there to stall the recon for a year and to alter the rules so the precedence can't be used. Plus all the teams we played this season won't vote for the good of Scottish Football and will vote for themselves if they think they will get another financial boost from us should we play them again.

The recon meeting should be brought forward as its causing an unnecessary delay.

the winner of any lower league anywhere in world football get promoted,even if reconstruction happens in the summer we should still be promoted so must go into the middle league of 12 thats been proposed,any other outcome will make the scottish game laughable IMO :pipe:

It would be a mistake to think that there won't be other clubs out there who may be sympathetic to our position; especially when Stranraer have set a precedent of it having happened before in the not too distant past. I think some of them would be fair-minded enough to suppose that where they do see that this precedent has been set, then it should be applied, in all fairness, to Rangers as well. I think Rangers will continue to explore ways that it can find a good dialogue where it exists with other clubs, and it would be good if we found ourselves being treated as fairly as Stranraer were treated.

The thing is if this was any other club than us nobody would have an issue here....win promotion then you must get promoted...it is one of the most fundamental principles of any league set up...

Last night on Clyde an obsessed Tim came on saying rangers should be forced to work their way up the league as "punishment" (still not sure for what mind you) and for sporting integrity...Andy walker if all people says well if they win promotion does spiting integrity not demand they get that? Stutter, mumble, erm.....the hatred they have for us is nothing short of comical... They would honestly rather see their own club struggle than see Scottish football as a whole improve with a strong rangers!

Nice to see Charles and Ally applying the pressure.

I wonder if there's anything we can do legally if we're not promoted, it is in the rules after all.

It doesn't really matter whether we're ready for the second tier or not either, it's a long term plan anyway and we're entitled to promotion.

I think most of us agree that the proposed plans are laughable.......but yes, we should be promoted.

Was also thinking that the team that finishes 2nd in the 2nd division gets relegated !!! whats that all about?? only in scotland, eh?

What it means is that we will have had to wait a minimum of two seasons to achieve meaningful promotion, and that's if everything went according to plan. Players and fans may well lose heart if we have to go back and do the whole thing over again. The ironic thing is I don't think anyone of them will listen, despite the trouble clubs like Dumfermline and Hearts are in. I think they would rather face destruction than allow Rangers a place back at the top. It's particularly insane, because they keep going on about a 'fairer distribution of the money.' But the thing they aren't grasping is that we are the money, pretty much. It's us and that other club who more or less pay to keep the whole Scottish game alive and without us (as is becoming increasingly evident) they are all screwed. So they want our money, but want to stop us from competing? Typical Scottish logic there I think.

But I don't think they will listen. Minds have already been made up. The diddy teams don't care what happens to Rangers. Why should they? They have always been diddy teams, with hardly any supporters. They couldn't care less what Ally says he does or doesn't want to happen.

I feel the Rangers haters and that seems to be nearly every club will find a way round what is right.The rancid mob want us kept down as long as possible to allow th free runs at the Champions League. The Sky contract that Lawell and co won't let anyone see is I think the key here. We must keep phoning in to talk shows to try and get this out in the open before any vote takes place

If it was any other club other than Rangers, then I think they might have gone for it. But we are probably the most hated club in Scotland (it seems) and the football authorities and other clubs are locked into this idea that they have to continually find new ways to punish and to damage us.

Besides the other clubs act almost exclusively at the whims of their fans, who almost universally hate us too. It's when you get fans making decisions, rather than sober, sensible people that you end up with the kind of insane decisions that have been made over the last 14 months. Clearly these decisions have been more motivated by hatred and fan rivalry than anything else.

In any case I'm a fan and if I had a vote it would be "no to reconstruction without promotion." We have won our promotion fairly and squarely. The other fans can complain it isn't so, but it's true.

The football authorities are simply looking for a way to sell us short again.