Neil Murray (chief scout) suspended by Rangers

Mark Walters

have not read the whole thread but really think that if your not pulling your weight within the club then you must be shown the door,that goes for the players also,fuck not have much of a team left. <cr>

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I PMd a couple of posters a while back re signings............Neil produced a list of players to Ally last summer for his views as to who he would like. Neil had identified a number of Scottish players that had indicated that they would not be adverse to moving to Ibrox.

Ally forwarded the list and his preferences to the CEO and a list of recommendations came from the CEO re foreign players..............these came from a contact of the CEO.

Neil is a decent guy with connections in the game at home and abroad. His job is to look for players that the management indicate they need for certain positions, the decision then is for the manager to look at them and based on feedback from Neil and thoughts from his management team decide on the players to recommend for signing by the CEO re budget requirements.

Thanks for clearing up exactly how Neil operates, ED. (tu)

I await most people on the forum ignoring your post and just chucking blame at him regardless... (td)

The story does not justify the media's headline coverage.Players, coaches, managers etc will come and go.

In this instance I don't see it as any big deal.

That is of course unless there is more to come out re fraud, backhanders etc.

The whole issue is confusing as Murray highlighted a lot of good players when white had control.They were eventualy knocked back as the conman didnt have the cash for transfer fees or their wages so Murray went for players of a lower standard.Next the liquidation of the club and the illegal transfer embargo.Murray again could only produce players who were not tied up to any clubs.If you pardon my expression the dross that no top clubs wanted.Faure for example was released by his French club had trials with Leeds but wasnt taken up.However in saying all this i feel its time the club had a clear out maybe Green has better contacts but it looks as though we are in for a wind of change at Ibrox.

The club was never liquidated mate!

Jesus.

What's going on?

i said back when Green stood and said , he was keeping the staff on and we would cope that it would be something that would change , IE he would get rid of staff but under a different Guise , I hope I am proved wrong , we will see.

We have been moaning for a while about the standard of players our scouting guys have helped bring in.So if Murray is not pulling his weight then good bring in someone who can find us good unnamed players which we can put in the window and make money from when the Premier teams come chasing .

Well done Mr Green.

Everyone connected to what we have brought in players wise, what's been paid for them and how they've played should be strung up by the board for poor-performance this season.

We are a business and these people are very well paid professionals, to have a team performing like that for the money involved when we could have built a 3rd Division "Dream Team" on volunteers is unbelievable!

Hold them all to account Mr Green, it's unacceptable in any business never mind at Rangers when fans are paying to go and see the robbery out of wages they've worked hard for!

Eh, who do you think sanctions the salary levels these guys are getting paid ??

Rangers chief scout Neil Murray has been suspended pending a club investigation.

After confirming the 40-year-old former Ibrox midfielder's suspension, Rangers manager Ally McCoist said: "It's a really sensitive matter and that's all I can say on it."

Two other members of Rangers' backroom staff have departed in recent weeks.

Reserve coach Tommy Wilson joined MLS side Philadelphia Union and physio Pip Yeates left after five years at Ibrox.

Murray was part of the Rangers' nine-in-a-row squad and left to join Sion in 1996 before spells in France and Germany and a return to Scotland.

Asked about concerns over changes to his backroom staff, McCoist said: "We have to be in position ready to go for the start of next season, that's my concern.

"Staff at football clubs, and in any work force, come and go. I fully appreciate that.

"That said, in terms of the recruitment of our players, the next two or three years will be the most important time in the club's history.

"So we have to be ready for that and we will be."

RANGERS have been rocked by a fresh scandal after chief scout Neil Murray was suspended by Charles Green.

Record Sport can reveal former player Murray has been ordered by the chief executive to stay away from the club until an investigation into last summer’s transfer activity has been carried out.

But 11 days into the internal probe it’s understood no evidence of any misconduct has been uncovered and an outraged Murray is determined to fight his own corner.

The shock development comes at a time when striker Fran Sandaza is serving a similar suspension after being the victim of a hoax phonecall, which was then broadcast over the internet.

And it has come as a bombshell to manager Ally McCoist and other senior figures inside Murray Park.

McCoist is believed to be standing by his former team-mate Murray and bemused by the claims of any wrong doing.

At this stage, no known timescale has been set for the probe into Murray, who has been in charge of drawing up a list of potential signing targets for McCoist.

The Rangers boss hopes to recruit a number of free agents in September when the club’s 12-month transfer embargo is over.

Murray helped identify some of a raft of new arrivals last year, at a time when McCoist had only a handful of first-team players to work with following the catastrophic financial meltdown caused by former Rangers owner

Craig Whyte.

Very few of those signings have lived up to expectation during what has been a difficult slog by McCoist’s side towards this season’s Third Division title.

The reason for concern over the part played by Murray in those dealings is as yet unclear.

But Record Sport understands Green demanded the probe after being given emails relating to some of the transfers.

Last night, despite approaches made by Record Sport, neither Murray nor Rangers chose to make any comment.

But an Ibrox source told us: “This situation is incredibly sensitive. Some very damaging allegations have been made but so far not substantiated and Neil is confused, outraged and distraught.

“He knows if he had been guilty of anything inappropriate then he would have been dismissed, quite rightly, without his feet having touched the ground.

“But he’s still sat at home sweating on his future.

“Ally has also been placed in a very difficult position. At this point there is no way of knowing how it will play out but it seems, if nothing else, Charles has lost confidence in the manager’s chief scout.”

Yesterday, Rangers physio Pip Yeates was axed and Record Sport understands stadium manager Ross McCaskill is also set to lose his job as part of Green’s ongoing restructuring.

So no evidence, no hard facts and an imaginary source. I think people should hold fire until something comes out of the club.

Very odd and I'm thinking the Sandaza investigation and this are linked somehow I hope we get this sorted as the last thing we need is yet more bad headlines overshadowing our title win this weekend (hopefully)

(The tediously strange Affair of Regan, Liewell, The Glasgow Cabbie, Neil Murray, er, Dragan Stojkovic and Fran Sandaza - brought to you by Legwold Davidatt:)

Can't really see it squire to be honest, sounds a tad far-fetched but stranger things have happened.

(The tediously strange Affair of Regan, Liewell, The Glasgow Cabbie, Neil Murray, er, Dragan Stojkovic and Fran Sandaza - brought to you by Legwold Davidatt:)

Can't really see it squire to be honest, sounds a tad far-fetched but stranger things have happened.

It just strikes me as odd that I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of club internal suspensions in recent years at Rangers then within a week Sandaza and Murray are suspended it might be coincidence but it is unusual no doubt about that.

So does the manager say to the scout..................we need this position and that position filled , so away you go. Or does the scout go and say to Ally , here I think we should have this player and that player as the team is weak here.

And then when a scout comes back with names for manager to look at .............does the manager go and look at the player for himself, or just plug into you tube...........re last simmer when players coming and going , was it the manager or scout who decided the players to be signed?

Sometimes I would imagine a CEO would be involved as deciding , perhaps if the manager sent up the list to the CEO to look at salaries and budgets , as in do the fit in and will they sign for less. Perhaps certain CEOs may offer players for the manager to consider, this as in most business could place a manager in an awkward situation.

So basically what's going on is nothing to do with he is producing crap players , if you accept he is told what to look for as in positions, what to look for in, would they come to the club. If you accept all of the above then it has to be something to do with money either expenses or perhaps financial inducement from agents..............but, he has no power re the player being offered a contract.

Interesting outcome.