Neil Murray (chief scout) suspended by Rangers

Mark Walters

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked through the threads and on the Rangers website but can't find anything that explains why he is suspended. Seems strange to have a story like this running on a public basis and for Rangers not to issue a statement. Suspending people is quite a serious action to take. Suspension would imply some form of alleged misconduct has taken place and of a serious enough nature to warrant suspension.

The recent announcements of people leaving Ibrox creates the impression that a programme of very visible staff change is underway and I wonder if changes to the scouting set-up lie at the core of the matter. Staff moving on are doing so quietly so far and who knows if others may not be so happy about the idea of moving on? Wonder also if the redundancies that were avoided last summer are now becoming visible not as redundancies as such but simply that people move on - or are questioned as to whether it remains in their best interests and the interests of the club to remain at Ibrox - and are simply not replaced, or if replaced then fewer of them and at lower salary costs? Perhaps having had a year to get to grips with rescuing the club's finances and engineering new commercial deals to generate revenue, the attention now turns to cost cutting, signficantly upping the game and skillset of scouting and coaching but with fewer numbers involved (get a lot more from a lot less), and signing players who can then be moved on for siginficant fees (CG did say we'd be a selling club).........oh and by the way, win the league we are in next season.

just read elsewhere, that Neil Murray (chief scout) has been suspended.

surprised it,s not Hot on here.

There is an 11 page thread halfway down the 1st page of bears den, we have been talking about it for the past 18 hours :P

Really? You're joking.

Lets go for another 11 pager talking about how great it is that we're changing the scouting setup and how much that's needed, but actually failing to realise that he is suspended pending the conclusion of an investigation into alleged wrongdoing over the last summer.

just read elsewhere, that Neil Murray (chief scout) has been suspended.

surprised it,s not Hot on here.

What the Fuck i just read that on the Oracle teletext just now, If i wasn't away out on the brontosaurus hunting for my supper i would be raging now,

I've looked through the threads and on the Rangers website but can't find anything that explains why he is suspended. Seems strange to have a story like this running on a public basis and for Rangers not to issue a statement. Suspending people is quite a serious action to take. Suspension would imply some form of alleged misconduct has taken place and of a serious enough nature to warrant suspension.

The recent announcements of people leaving Ibrox creates the impression that a programme of very visible staff change is underway and I wonder if changes to the scouting set-up lie at the core of the matter. Staff moving on are doing so quietly so far and who knows if others may not be so happy about the idea of moving on? Wonder also if the redundancies that were avoided last summer are now becoming visible not as redundancies as such but simply that people move on - or are questioned as to whether it remains in their best interests and the interests of the club to remain at Ibrox - and are simply not replaced, or if replaced then fewer of them and at lower salary costs? Perhaps having had a year to get to grips with rescuing the club's finances and engineering new commercial deals to generate revenue, the attention now turns to cost cutting, signficantly upping the game and skillset of scouting and coaching but with fewer numbers involved (get a lot more from a lot less), and signing players who can then be moved on for siginficant fees (CG did say we'd be a selling club).........oh and by the way, win the league we are in next season.

Charles Green was showing e-mails which obviously he didn't like & Murray had something to with them.

Reminds me a bit of Hugh Dallas sending e-mails and getting suspended for it.