Doncaster spitting the dummy!

LegendofCoop

Wonder what event from today prompted this outburst???

SPL's Neil Doncaster says change can only happen this summer

League reconstruction must take place this summer, says Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster. It comes in response to the suggestion any revamp could be put back a year.

"It's not acceptable to start saying 'well, let's just push it back a year because we can'," Doncaster said. "The deal agreed back in January was about a package of measures and one of those measures was implementation this summer. I think we should focus on delivery of the deal for this summer."

SPL clubs are due to vote on the proposed 12-12-18 set-up on 15 April. And Doncaster believes if it does not get the green light, then plans for any league reconstruction whatsoever could be shelved.

"What I expect to happen is that the 12 SPL clubs will meet on 15 April at 10:00 GMT and they will decide whether they wish to see the package of measures go forward or not," he said. "If 11 clubs put their hand in the air and say 'yes', then it's in the court of the Scottish Football League to decide.

"If less than 11 [sPL] clubs are in favour, the game's a bogey and that's that." Were 11 SPL clubs to give 12-12-18 the thumbs up on 15 April, the SFL clubs would convene later that week and vote on whether they supported it. It would require three quarters of the SFL clubs to support the idea for the whole plan to be sealed.

Doncaster rejected the idea that it is too tight a timescale to make changes in time for the new season beginning on 3 August.

Rather, he wants those involved to appreciate the benefits the 12-12-18 system will bring.

"We need to go forward to 15 April with confidence, with enthusiasm, with momentum and try to deliver something which is going to deliver so many things that everyone wants, and I include supporters within that," Doncaster said. "Otherwise we don't get the play-offs, we don't get the single league, we don't get the pyramid and we don't get much more money going to the First Division clubs. "All of those things, which I think we would unanimously agree are the way forward, are delivered as part of these proposals."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21985299

Bitter to the fucking core. His way, or no way! Of course, coming on the day we gain 'promotion' as per current rules dictate, this could be seen as him trying to influence a vote that could see us not getting promoted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is not classed as blackmail, and picked up as so in the Scottish Media, then it is a scandal. He is basically saying, we will take the deal off the table. when everyone and their Granny knows that the SPL will fold like a pack of fucking cards if this doesn't go through ...... Is this Armageddon ?????????????

He needs it to go through this year to keep us in the 18 as a financial carrot to the other bottom tier clubs who under new proposals would recurve no extra money....our fans are the pay off....

The whole thing stinks and would weaken us further....if we are in the bottom tier, regardless of the time it takes to get back to the top, our attendances will be down, it will be harder to attract players and our finances will take a hit! All we are asking for us sporting integrity! Win the league get promotion! Simple!

Also for teams like queens park it is unfair to rush it through and render their superb season worthless...without the lucrative bonus of the play offs!

Absolute joke and we must do all we can to stop it happening!

Wonder what event from today prompted this outburst???

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21985299

Bitter to the fucking core. His way, or no way! Of course, coming on the day we gain 'promotion' as per current rules dictate, this could be seen as him trying to influence a vote that could see us not getting promoted.

Doncaster rejected the idea that it is too tight a timescale to make changes in time for the new season beginning on 3 August.

Rather, he wants those involved to appreciate the benefits the 12-12-18 system will bring.-Must be getting a hefty bonus from Liewell,f****** rhat.

Ahhh the rantings of someone desparate to keep his job and to appease the SPL paymaster and the paymaster's puppeteer. It's the usual stuff. Goes something like this I susepct....."Do as I say or financial and football (in that order) calamity will follow - clubs going bust and all that. But if you do as I say all will be well - the land of TV deals milk and honey is upon us and the game will be so much better. Why delay? We're ready to rock and roll for the new season. Rule books being published. League sponsors being lined up. BT TV deal in the bag. Sky still here. More money, more TV exposure. Streamlined structure. The promised land lies within sight. Oh, and of course Rangers in the bottom league means you get lots of good pay days from their visiting fans too. What's the problem he asks the club Chairmen. Why hesitate? This is the only deal in town and if you pass it up it'll be your own fault."

But what if the promised land turns out to be worse that the land the clubs are currently in eh? How good and certain is the TV deal? Anyone prepared to share the details? What are the catches, conditions, caveats? How much of it is a gamble? What happens if the TV revenues do not pan out like the glossy rosy numbers in the inevitable financial models? Who is doing the hard-headed analysis of that I wonder? Why, they ask themselves, should this structure work when it was tried and abandoned elsewhere? Why does making things more complicated somehow make things better? Is this really,...........really...........the best way ahead for Scottish football? Or is it just an expedient cobbled together plan that desparate men concieve in order to keep their jobs and to please those who they take their orders from? Here's another question. Is it just really a plan that is designed to fail as in failing to deliver the best solution for Scottish football but in doing so designed to try to keep Rangers as far away from the top league for as long as possible by making it as complicated and convoluted as possible to win promptions.

I really can't understand two obvious things here.

1. Why, if this can't be rushed through for 13/14, should it mean that all bets are off. The whole set up needs looking at and if it takes a year to get it right then so be it. Surely the important thing is to get a solution that is right and is widely supported by clubs AND fans.

2. Why is nobody asking Doncaster why this attitude is being taken. It's obvious to even them with two glass eyes that summat ain't plumb here. Surely somebody somewhere has the cojones to demand answers.

And two questions for Doncaster. Where's our cash and what's the details of yer Sky deal?

Ahhh the rantings of someone desparate to keep his job and to appease the SPL paymaster and the paymaster's puppeteer. It's the usual stuff. Goes something like this I susepct....."Do as I say or financial and football (in that order) calamity will follow - clubs going bust and all that. But if you do as I say all will be well - the land of TV deals milk and honey is upon us and the game will be so much better. Why delay? We're ready to rock and roll for the new season. Rule books being published. League sponsors being lined up. BT TV deal in the bag. Sky still here. More money, more TV exposure. Streamlined structure. The promised land lies within sight. Oh, and of course Rangers in the bottom league means you get lots of good pay days from their visiting fans too. What's the problem he asks the club Chairmen. Why hesitate? This is the only deal in town and if you pass it up it'll be your own fault."

But what if the promised land turns out to be worse that the land the clubs are currently in eh? How good and certain is the TV deal? Anyone prepared to share the details? What are the catches, conditions, caveats? How much of it is a gamble? What happens if the TV revenues do not pan out like the glossy rosy numbers in the inevitable financial models? Who is doing the hard-headed analysis of that I wonder? Why, they ask themselves, should this structure work when it was tried and abandoned elsewhere? Why does making things more complicated somehow make things better? Is this really,...........really...........the best way ahead for Scottish football? Or is it just an expedient cobbled together plan that desparate men concieve in order to keep their jobs and to please those who they take their orders from? Here's another question. Is it just really a plan that is designed to fail as in failing to deliver the best solution for Scottish football but in doing so designed to try to keep Rangers as far away from the top league for as long as possible by making it as complicated and convoluted as possible to win promptions.

At the end of the day mate,Rangers no matter where they are will ALWAYS BE ABLE TO SELF SUSTAIN,that therein lies the problem,lets bully the club into submission,,,,,,,sorry we can go it alone.....ANYWHERE WE GO........so where do yous go............well apart from the club that thinks it has the holy grail to bully everyone.........eh nowhere.............

I really can't understand two obvious things here.

1. Why, if this can't be rushed through for 13/14, should it mean that all bets are off. The whole set up needs looking at and if it takes a year to get it right then so be it. Surely the important thing is to get a solution that is right and is widely supported by clubs AND fans.

2. Why is nobody asking Doncaster why this attitude is being taken. It's obvious to even them with two glass eyes that summat ain't plumb here. Surely somebody somewhere has the cojones to demand answers.

And two questions for Doncaster. Where's our cash and what's the details of yer Sky deal?

1) If they don't get it through for this year then: I am sure we can negotiate our own TV deal. I also believe that there is no way the bottom tier clubs would vote this through without Rangers being in the bottom tier beside them.

2 that would be ignored if asked.

Doncaster already said the cash the SPL ow oldco is old news and does not need discussed doh

1) If they don't get it through for this year then: I am sure we can negotiate our own TV deal. I also believe that there is no way the bottom tier clubs would vote this through without Rangers being in the bottom tier beside them.

2 that would be ignored if asked.

Doncaster already said the cash the SPL ow oldco is old news and does not need discussed

Sweep Sweep???