Neil Alexander - rangers and me the truth

rangersxfc

Pity if there's going to be resentment at the end of this.

Thats the only reason the Record have ran with this story. Fuck all to do with making sure we're all kept in the know with whats going in. Shit stirring of the highest degree. Imagine that from an article with Keith Jackson's name attached...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

House up for sale to cover a pay-cut or house up for sale for when he will be moving? Car up for sale, what the fuck is he driving that his wages couldn't cover? Is he struggling with his Arnold Clark finance repayments?

I'll wish him well when he goes and I hope he can get a good deal that includes getting regular games, he took a risk turning down £10k a week for 1 year and it's bit him on the arse.

Quite disappointed with Neil over this tbh, thought he was a professional type of guy. There is nothing professional about running to a rag, especially the rhecord :anguish: I get the situation with the shite quotes but still

This is a tough one on many levels.

1: if Neil hadn't come out and said this, we'd never have known the truth.

2: if he's having "you signed that contract yet ya greedy bastard?" every week shouted at him when he makes it quite clear in that ^, that he would take a pay-cut and all he is looking for is an extra year to give his family more security, how is that greed? Wouldn't you do the same? You can't blame the guy for wanting to ensure his family have enough income.

3: Who's to say he doesn't only have 2 more years in him? What if he goes on to become a coach? He makes it clear what it feels like to be here, it's his dream he says. If he is going on to be a coach he could become a back room addition to help Jim Stewart out with the younger keepers?

4: He wants to stay, Ally wants him to stay and it seems that Cammy Bell is 100% done. I would much rather have Neil and Cammy as keepers, sending young Gallacher on loan for a year or two and getting rid of players like Sandaza who are contributing absolutely nothing to the side. Sandaza and co. are here for the money, Alexander isn't.

5: ok, he's getting on a bit and has no resale value. However, goalkeepers are probably the players who are sold less than anybody else. I'll be surprised if we ever sell Cammy Bell.

Have to admit, I'm on Alexander's side here. Shoot me down all you want, but I think Alexander would have taken £3-4k & a few pay as you play bonuses for that extra year to be added. Can you really blame the guy for wanting more security? As we go up through the leagues our revenue will rise meaning wages like £4k have less of an impact on the bank balance.

As I said, shoot me down all you want, but I feel the club have handled this poorly. There are definitely players I'd look to get rid of before Alexander. Loyalty works both ways.

Anyway, we'll see how that plays out... Meanwhile, where's the YouTube video for this Panama star :D

Thats the only reason the Record have ran with this story. Fuck all to do with making sure we're all kept in the know with whats going in. Shit stirring of the highest degree. Imagine that from an article with Keith Jackson's name attached...

Have you noticed he has become more bitter since JT was appointed HoC, which I think Jackson believes he was close enough to Rangers to get any job like that one?

Or is it just my imagination, seeing as how I only get snippets of the DR stories over here. :pipe:

Slightly :005: but has anyone else been VERY impressed with the standard of keepers we have came up against in SFL3?

There have been some excellent performances against us so far.

That's because they are raising their game against us.Every defence and goalkeepers of all clubs have went to a different level when they play against us.

Do they do that every week? If you look at every clubs goals against column outwith Rangers games, it would suggest they don't.

If the daily rhebel is owned by liewell why are they talking to our players? Surely this could lead in future to cases of entrapment of our players and deliberate misinterpretation for his clubs own gains. Players from our wonderful club should be contractually obliged not to talk about contract or any footballing matters outwith the clubs press conferences held only on match days or prearranged days by the club to monitor journalistic behaviours towards our players?

This is a tough one on many levels.

1: if Neil hadn't come out and said this, we'd never have known the truth.

2: if he's having "you signed that contract yet ya greedy bastard?" every week shouted at him when he makes it quite clear in that ^, that he would take a pay-cut and all he is looking for is an extra year to give his family more security, how is that greed? Wouldn't you do the same? You can't blame the guy for wanting to ensure his family have enough income.

3: Who's to say he doesn't only have 2 more years in him? What if he goes on to become a coach? He makes it clear what it feels like to be here, it's his dream he says. If he is going on to be a coach he could become a back room addition to help Jim Stewart out with the younger keepers?

4: He wants to stay, Ally wants him to stay and it seems that Cammy Bell is 100% done. I would much rather have Neil and Cammy as keepers, sending young Gallacher on loan for a year or two and getting rid of players like Sandaza who are contributing absolutely nothing to the side. Sandaza and co. are here for the money, Alexander isn't.

5: ok, he's getting on a bit and has no resale value. However, goalkeepers are probably the players who are sold less than anybody else. I'll be surprised if we ever sell Cammy Bell.

Have to admit, I'm on Alexander's side here. Shoot me down all you want, but I think Alexander would have taken £3-4k & a few pay as you play bonuses for that extra year to be added. Can you really blame the guy for wanting more security? As we go up through the leagues our revenue will rise meaning wages like £4k have less of an impact on the bank balance.

As I said, shoot me down all you want, but I feel the club have handled this poorly. There are definitely players I'd look to get rid of before Alexander. Loyalty works both ways.

Anyway, we'll see how that plays out... Meanwhile, where's the YouTube video for this Panama star :D

Naw I think you're right. It is a tough call.

Did no one else spot the irony? The words THE TRUTH and a picture of Spugh Keevins on the same page. Only in the Daily Retard.

Alexander served the club well during his time........ if now is time to move on then so mote it be.

House up for sale to cover a pay-cut or house up for sale for when he will be moving? Car up for sale, what the fuck is he driving that his wages couldn't cover? Is he struggling with his Arnold Clark finance repayments?

I'll wish him well when he goes and I hope he can get a good deal that includes getting regular games, he took a risk turning down £10k a week for 1 year and it's bit him on the arse.

im sure it was a pay deferral ? An they were reimbursed the money once we were up an running again ?

Albeit I have not read the content of this story and the choice of rag is very questionable Alexander is a guy that will leave with my well wishes. I really do not think he has let himself or the club down - on or off the park.

all this fk off Neil shit in this thread, yet again shows that loyalty means fk all to some of our supporters. yes it may be the end of the line for Neil and the reason may be financial but the LEAST he deserves is our thanks for staying , our good wishes in the future and a round of applause for his career with us.

Neil Alexander has played behind a dodgey defense this season, we have conceded more goals this year than we would normally, this allied to his sometimes poor distribution has probably cost us, what, a few goals, a few points, who knows. Has been a good servent to the club and was brilliant in our Uefa cup run.

Good luck whatever happens Neil.