Gazza show Ally the money

RANGERS legend Paul Gascoigne has pleaded with Charles Green to splash the cash — and give Ally McCoist the chance he deserves as Ibrox boss.

Gazza opened his heart exclusively to SunSport as he battles back from the brink after his recent stint in rehab in the USA.

The former Ibrox hero was thrilled to see close pal Coisty lift the Third Division title at the weekend.

He ignored the flak boss Ally has taken for Gers’ stumbling run-in and insisted: “Once Coisty starts investing in the players he wants THEN you can judge him properly.

“That will be him as the real Rangers manager, when he has an open wallet to play with.

“Right now you are seeing 50 per cent of the coach I believe he can become.

“Give the man a chance because he is keeping the club afloat right now. I am glad Charles Green has had the common sense to realise what Ally has been left with and kept him.”

Gazza is keeping tabs on the reconstruction saga to see where Gers end up.

He rapped: “Common sense should be shown by the geezers in charge of Scottish football and they should get Rangers back where they belong.

“I saw the fans’ boycott at Dundee United and I agreed with it. What happened to Rangers had nothing to do with the staff, the fans or Coisty but they feel as if they keep getting punished. I understand that.

“I think there has been a lot of disrespect towards a club that I love.

“They need to wake up to the fact that they need Rangers in the SPL.

“It’s critical to the game there, everyone outside of Scotland looks to the Old Firm game. For the sake of Scottish football that HAS to come back.

“It’s a joke, they should promote the game and that means Rangers and Celtic playing each other.”

Gascoigne is gearing up for a return to Glasgow in the SunSport-backed Audience with Gazza at Glasgow’s Thistle Hotel on Friday May 3.

A host of his old Nine in a Row pals, led by Richard Gough, have pledged to support him and he said: “Coisty IS Rangers right now and the club owe him for that.

“I hope I can see him when I come back up, it will be nice to say hello and share a laugh with the little fatty!”

Ads by Google

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4871000/Show-Ally-the-money.html

It's quite alarming that Gascoigne can speak about Rangers, the game in Scotland and our circumstances with more balance, insight and intelligence than most media pundits, club chairmen and governing body officials.

However, I don't think that he is the best counsel for fiscal matters. He has frittered a fair whack away.

It's quite alarming that Gascoigne can speak about Rangers, the game in Scotland and our circumstances with more balance, insight and intelligence than most media pundits, club chairmen and governing body officials.

However, I don't think that he is the best counsel for fiscal matters. He has frittered a fair whack away.

Ridiculous comments that in a backhanded way you insult Paul Gascoigne in the beginning, and then finish it off at the end. I'm sure someone of his experience would know quite a bit compared to the people involved in football here.

Ridiculous comments that in a backhanded way you insult Paul Gascoigne in the beginning, and then finish it off at the end. I'm sure someone of his experience would know quite a bit compared to the people involved in football here.

I feel you have misinterpreted me here.

I'm more critical of the pundits, etc. rather than Gascoigne who, in fairness, never handled his money well.

This is a non-argument of your own making.

I feel you have misinterpreted me here.

I'm more critical of the pundits, etc. rather than Gascoigne who, in fairness, never handled his money here.

This is a non-argument of your own making.

I would have phrased it differently if I hadn't seen the Recommend you gave me for something else.

I've re-read your post Oleg, and I apologise.

The problem is we don't know what we will be winning next year, BUT winnings what we do. This is probably another journo who has made up comments and attributed them to Gazza. It doesnt get challenged!!! I am sure Gazza will know we won't be spending a penny in transfer fees at the summer, any players we bring in will be Free agents due to the embargo.

When it comes to the Jan transfer window why shouldn't Ally spend some of the cash paid into the coffers by Rangers fans, we want entertainment, bring in players that are needed to do this. This will be Ally's first oppertunity to bring in player he wants, and not from the bargain bin.

Thank fuck some people on here are not trying to rebuild Rangers FOR THE FUTURE.

You get people saying we don't have to spend to win div2. The big point is we're not just spending to win division 2 we are spending money to get back to the top league.

As we have saw when we have injures and suspension in the team the youngsters like Hemmings and Naismith etc.. are not good enough.

So we do need to spend. Rangers are not just expected to win the 3rd division / 2nd division we are expected to compete in the cups aswell.

Rangers are not your average Division 3 or 2 club. we will win these leagues and be expected to win the SPL and play in Europe once again.

So shite like " we shouldn't be speeding money to win div2" is alot of shite.