Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

To compare Boyd with Fowler is laughable. Do you think a Scottish manager would play Boyd in big games when Smith didn't trust him to work hard enough?

Comparing the SPL's highest goal scorer with Fowler over their poaching abilities is laughable? Glad i've cheered you up.

Leaving the thread now, pm me if you want :)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To compare Boyd with Fowler is laughable. Do you think a Scottish manager would play Boyd in big games when Smith didn't trust him to work hard enough?

Not a particularly fair comparison IMO.

Boyd wasn't great in big games, but the Scottish coaching mentality doesn't allow any player to focus on what they're good at. They all need to run behind the ball when the opposition get it so they can defend and that simply wasn't Boyd's game.

Do you think Inzaghi was asked to track back to the halfway line to nick the ball off an opposition defender that had stepped out? I think not.

Boyd wasn't great in big games, but the Scottish coaching mentality doesn't allow any player to focus on what they're good at. They all need to run behind the ball when the opposition get it so they can defend and that simply wasn't Boyd's game.

Do you think Inzaghi was asked to track back to the halfway line to nick the ball off an opposition defender that had stepped out? I think not.

If I had said this to you three years ago you'd have hunted me down and shot me :lol:

;)

If I had said this to you three years ago you'd have hunted me down and shot me :lol:

;)

I would have, definitely.

But in the passing years, I've come to realise just how limited the Scottish mentality is and how it's scared to allow individual talents to shine.

Yes but don't you think times have changed? Also who else was in that team was there to make up for the lack of tracking back?

Our midfield is regularly over run by third division teams ffs

Do barca accept anyone not pulling their weight when they don't have the ball?

When Boyd was at Ibrox we were so much stronger than other teams we could afford the luxury of allowing people not to work back

Yes but don't you think times have changed? Also who else was in that team was there to make up for the lack of tracking back?

Our midfield is regularly over run by third division teams ffs

Do barca accept anyone not pulling their weight when they don't have the ball?

They never play with a reasonably slow poacher though, so no.

They hunt in groups of three with no more than six seconds to try and win the ball back before it moves on to the next group, but the thought of Ally trying to coach that isn't worth thinking about.

They never play with a reasonably slow poacher though, so no.

They hunt in groups of three with no more than six seconds to try and win the ball back before it moves on to the next group, but the thought of Ally trying to coach that isn't worth thinking about.

Neither is the thought of another player in the team who contributes very little to the overall game in a footballing sense, aren't we all calling out for a better standard of football? Do you think Boyds link up play will help that?

Neither is the thought of another player in the team who contributes very little to the overall game in a footballing sense, aren't we all calling out for a better standard of football? Do you think Boyds link up play will help that?

It depends how you see the game.

I see big Lee getting involved in the midfield when he's up front, leaving no-one there to finish the crosses etc. The one thing about Boyd is that even Ally wouldn't play him out of position, much like he tries to do with everyone else.

I don't think we particularly need all hands to the pump to control a part-time midfield, the likes of Black, MacLeod, Templeton and Hutton should be able to do that.

I've lost count of how many times I've been to games this year and saw a ball put into the box to no-one. If the team is set up right, we could easily afford a player like Boyd in there to finish some of our attacks.

It depends how you see the game.

I see big Lee getting involved in the midfield when he's up front, leaving no-one there to finish the crosses etc. The one thing about Boyd is that even Ally wouldn't play him out of position, much like he tries to do with everyone else.

I don't think we particularly need all hands to the pump to control a part-time midfield, the likes of Black, MacLeod, Templeton and Hutton should be able to do that.

I've lost count of how many times I've been to games this year and saw a ball put into the box to no-one. If the team is set up right, we could easily afford a player like Boyd in there to finish some of our attacks.

I agree Boyd would finish some of our attacks, we should be able to control the midfield but can't. Boyd is not conducive to a better standard of football by anyone's imagination. We would score more goals but the football wouldn't be any better.

I was under the impression that's all that mattered, after all we did win the league at a canter.

I really don't understand why some people have a problem with Boyd, as a player. Fair enough, some may have an issue with the way he left, but prior to that he was fucking amazing for us. People argue that "his all round game wasn't good enough" or "he's a lazy cunt". SO FUCKING WHAT!!! He was in the team to score goals and, as far as I'm concerned, he's been our greatest goal scorer since Ally himself.

"Anyone could score in our team" others have said. How many did Sandaza and Kyle get between them this season? We've struggled at times this season, in front of goal, and I'd be willing to bet that Boyd would have ended this season as top scorer in Europe had he been a Rangers player.

Would I like to see him back at Ibrox next season? Fuck yes I would! I dare say his goals would make our games a whole lot more pleasurable to watch (tu)

I dont Inzaghi was asked to track back, atleast not in world cup or champions league finals...

I dont think anyone really expects a centre forward to track back or defend, apart from at set pieces. They are expected, especially in a lone striker role, to be able to hold a ball up, link play, show good movement and run into space. Thats not a Scottish thing, thats just football, and its some of the things Kris Boyd badly lacks. Ive no doubt, however, that should we play him with a partner, or play two wide men and get him loads of service, he will score goals. No doubt about it. The best strikera are the ones that create chances from nothing and score, something Boyd struggled to do time and time again against decent sides.

Again, he'd score goals for us, hes just not the kind of player i fancy goin to watch again.

Boyd not working on his all round game is more to blame than coaching methods. Inzaghi? That guy's movement and reading of the game made Boyd look like a Pub League player.