Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

If somebody else scores the goals against Celtic and we win the game that's fine.

Who scores isn't important and matches against Celtic are overrated by supports in terms of importance.

In 97/98, 02/03, 06/07 and 10/11 The second placed Old Firm team in the league won the majority of the Old Firm fixtures.

In 98/99, 04/05, 07/08 and 11/12 Both Old Firm teams got the same number of points against each other meaning the league was won by results against other teams.

In 99/00, 00/01, 01/02, 03/04, 05/06, 08/09, 09/10 The team that won the most Old Firm games also won the league.

So as you can see in 8/15 seasons the Old Firm results have not been decisive in deciding the title. You get the same number of points for beating Motherwell as you do for beating Celtic (tu)

Jesus christ, are you for real?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 97/98, 02/03, 06/07 and 10/11 The second placed Old Firm team in the league won the majority of the Old Firm fixtures.

In 98/99, 04/05, 07/08 and 11/12 Both Old Firm teams got the same number of points against each other meaning the league was won by results against other teams.

In 99/00, 00/01, 01/02, 03/04, 05/06, 08/09, 09/10 The team that won the most Old Firm games also won the league.

This i could read over and over and over. Thats comical genius right their.

The years you said both teams got the same points from old firm games, so the league was somehow won in the other games...? How? What if those draws were loses, that wouldve cost the title, would it not?

Thanks for proving my point.

Also, for the future i'm really goin to have to remember that, next old firm game i'll turn n say to my old boy "these games are of no more value than motherwell or hibs da" hahaha

1.5. You've obviously never seen his 30 yarders against Motherwell or his outstandingly hit volleys or anything. To say he only scores tap ins is nonsense, you go and watch the Youtube video of Boyd's goals at Rangers and then come back and tell me he only scored tap ins.

Hahaha go away and watch youtube videos!!! Think some of us maybe had the pleasure of watching the man in the flesh.

6. So when did Smith tell you this?

He told everyone with his choice not to select him. Over and over.

7. Learn to use ellipsis.

Just wow.

Daly v Boyd

Scotland Domestic

Jon Daly – 57 goals in 160 games (36%)

Kris Boyd - 165 in 299 (55%)

Outside of Scotland

Jon Daly – 39 goals in 202 (19%)

Kris Boyd – 27 goals in 94 games (29%)

Career Total

Jon Daly – 96 goals in 362 games (27%)

Kris Boyd – 192 goals in 393 games (49%)

Last 3 years

Jon Daly – 118 games, 46 goals (39%), 15 assists (G+A = 61)

Kris Boyd – 75 games, 20 goals (27%), 2 assists (G+A = 22)

1. That's not true, one of Boyd's best qualities was his composure, he scored a hell of a lot of good 1 on 1 finishes that a lot of strikers would have bottled.

1.5. You've obviously never seen his 30 yarders against Motherwell or his outstandingly hit volleys or anything. To say he only scores tap ins is nonsense, you go and watch the Youtube video of Boyd's goals at Rangers and then come back and tell me he only scored tap ins.

2. That's not true, a lot of his goals came from finding space in the box that others wouldn't have, poachers goals require good positioning, which Boyd had.

3. Yawn. Cliched pish.

4. No it's not, fail to see relevance to this even being a point though, of course he would score more when the SPL's top goalscorer isn't playing beside you...

5. Read point 1 again.

6. So when did Smith tell you this?

7. Learn to use ellipsis.

what a load of shite, just cos you've got a hard on for the fat cunt don't let it delude you into thinking he was a good player - a poacher is what he was and we played horrific football with him in the team. Note that you can only name that 30 yarder against motherwell - that s because he never got anything like it again. Sun shines out of a dogs ass some days - that was his day.

Smith showed he's not a player by benching him during the big games when we needed to play as a team, not a team plus boyd.

Honestly, we have a chance to redefine our club and start a new style of play under Green and McCoist - instead we have people like you wanting back to the old shite style of football we had on display with a player who has failed at every club since he left us.

tell you what, lets get Lafferty back next summer, seems all is forgotten with Boyd telling us to fuck off in search of more money, might as well give that big streak of pish another crack as well.

Think it was somethin to with his attitude, all roud play, and the fact that your granny could hit 20 goals a season for us playing up front for us.

I always wondered why no manager ever rated Boyd highly enough to play him in big games....

We played big games with 1 up front usually. This didn't suit Boyds play.

See millers last 6 months at rangers, every bit as prolific as Boyd.

That wasn't prolific FFS. Miller had a good spell of goals, but if he was as prolific as Boyd he would have done it every year.

The man scored 5 goals in a game. Three times IIRC. And one of those were for fucking Killie.

While I appreciate that some might not like how he left, some of the garbage being written about him as a player is pathetic.

You'd think we would have been lucky to win trophies and leagues with him in the team some make him out to be so bad, while ignoring the contribution he made to winning them.

He was a good player, sometimes better than good, sometimes not so good; suggestions that he was shit, or a liability or a fat donkey only capable of scoring is someone toed the ball off of him are well wide of the mark.

I'm not suggesting he should come back, just a comment on some of the bullshit that has been written about him.

£500 per goal, nothing more, we owe him nothing but remembering he left us for Boro by choice.

If he is so good then he should have no problems with such deal, after all he'll be playing against volunteers of football's less gifted.

£1500 for a hat-trick against postmen? That's fair in anyone's book surely - after all he's on his arse and Kilmarnock won't be paying him more than that.

That works both ways mate. He owed us nothing and had repaid his transfer fee 10 times over. We also tried to flog him before he left us.

That works both ways mate. He owed us nothing and had repaid his transfer fee 10 times over. We also tried to flog him before he left us.

No, you don't understand.

Once at Rangers you have to stay forever in this league (that we deride on a daily basis, and can't wait to escape), regardless or treatment from fans and management, or forever be damned.

Boyds volley v Dunfermline

His goal away to Partick was world class. I repeat world class.

His 5 goals v Utd a cracking few in there.

Won us the cup v Dundee Utd when we were getting beat and scored the winning penalty.

Rescued us v QOS in the cup final

The man was a goal machine. 3 points v Aberdeen is just the same as 3 points v Celtic in league terms and Boyd won us hundreds of points.

That wasn't prolific FFS. Miller had a good spell of goals, but if he was as prolific as Boyd he would have done it every year.

The man scored 5 goals in a game. Three times IIRC. And one of those were for fucking Killie.

Im not sayin he was a prolific as boyd, but his goals to games ratio went through the roof when boyd left.

So what if he scored 5 goals in a game?

Boyds volley v Dunfermline

His goal away to Partick was world class. I repeat world class.

His 5 goals v Utd a cracking few in there.

Won us the cup v Dundee Utd when we were getting beat and scored the winning penalty.

Rescued us v QOS in the cup final

The man was a goal machine. 3 points v Aberdeen is just the same as 3 points v Celtic in league terms and Boyd won us hundreds of points.

How'd he go on the road to manchester? Oh aye, didnae play.

While I appreciate that some might not like how he left, some of the garbage being written about him as a player is pathetic.

You'd think we would have been lucky to win trophies and leagues with him in the team some make him out to be so bad, while ignoring the contribution he made to winning them.

He was a good player, sometimes better than good, sometimes not so good; suggestions that he was shit, or a liability or a fat donkey only capable of scoring is someone toed the ball off of him are well wide of the mark.

I'm not suggesting he should come back, just a comment on some of the bullshit that has been written about him.

Wasnt he described as a riddle within an enigma?

Im not sayin he was a prolific as boyd, but his goals to games ratio went through the roof when boyd left.

So what if he scored 5 goals in a game?

You said "every bit as prolific as Boyd"

He was not shite, and to even suggest he was ,makes you look bitter IMO.

You said "every bit as prolific as Boyd"

He was not shite, and to even suggest he was ,makes you look bitter IMO.

For that spell he prob was, although i take your point.

And like i said earlier, i am bitter towards Boyd. I didnt think he was good enough to play for us, and i think he shat on us when he left, in many different ways. Only my opinion ofcourse.