Boyd scored tonight

JamieG54

It is a composed finish ;)

20. I have a shit memory tbf but yes Boyd is the best poacher i've seen, name one better, maybe Van Nistelrooy...

Can't slate a man for wanting a fresh challenge.

Inzaghi?

I dont think theres many poachers about, theres not really much place for them in football now is there?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking off during a game :lol:.

He was subbed at half time!

Thats how we are supposed to remember him though, not the guy that scored a shit ton of goals and could easily improve our side. Don't understand why people don't Boyd scoring for fun in the lower leagues, baffling. So many said he only scored against the small teams, we will be playing alot of small teams in the next few seasons!

Thats how we are supposed to remember him though, not the guy that scored a shit ton of goals and could easily improve our side. Don't understand why people don't Boyd scoring for fun in the lower leagues, baffling. So many said he only scored against the small teams, we will be playing alot of small teams in the next few seasons!

scored once or twice against the tims, reason enough

Inzaghi?

I dont think theres many poachers about, theres not really much place for them in football now is there?

Yeah he is quality but i will admit i haven't watched enough of him to properly judge. I do rate Boyd very highly, his positioning, composure and finishing were perfect.

Considering Little and McCulloch have scored 25+ goals this season Boyd would have an absolute field day next season if he was to rejoin us.

One thing he has always guaranteed is goals and that won't change.

I'm amazed people wouldn't take Boyd back. There are a number of things to think about;

1) His game was never about pace. Unlike Miller, getting a few years older wont after his mobility - if anything it'll improve his instincts.

2) He's only 29. Plenty of players haven't peaked until around this age, whose to say his best year or two isn't in front of him.

3) He actually looks in a better nick than he was when he left.

4) He openly admits he's made his money, so I don't think wages would be an issue. I wouldn't pay him by the goal though, that'd skin us.

Personally, I think he'd comfortably score 30+ for the next two seasons and worth a £4k-£5k outlay. I know some will grudge the way he left, but he's still a Ger and he'll still put the ball away for fun. We need to be realistic in who we sign and goals are a valuable commodity.

I'm amazed people wouldn't take Boyd back. There are a number of things to think about;

1) His game was never about pace. Unlike Miller, getting a few years older wont after his mobility - if anything it'll improve his instincts.

2) He's only 29. Plenty of players haven't peaked until around this age, whose to say his best year or two isn't in front of him.

3) He actually looks in a better nick than he was when he left.

4) He openly admits he's made his money, so I don't think wages would be an issue. I wouldn't pay him by the goal though, that'd skin us.

Personally, I think he'd comfortably score 30+ for the next two seasons and worth a £4k-£5k outlay. I know some will grudge the way he left, but he's still a Ger and he'll still put the ball away for fun. We need to be realistic in who we sign and goals are a valuable commodity.

Having a few guys in the squad who were a success previously with us can only benefit the young lads. For one it takes the pressure off them knowing they have guys who know how to win when it matters along side them. 3 or 4 of these type of players wouldn't go a miss for a couple of season, certainly rather have the likes of Boyd, Thomson, Ferguson or Miller than Black, Shiels or Cribari.

Having a few guys in the squad who were a success previously with us can only benefit the young lads. For one it takes the pressure off them knowing they have guys who know how to win when it matters along side them. 3 or 4 of these type of players wouldn't go a miss for a couple of season, certainly rather have the likes of Boyd, Thomson, Ferguson or Miller than Black, Shiels or Cribari.

I don't think the likes of Thomson or Miller should return, their injuries and/or age have destroyed their playing styles.

People like Boyd won't be affected by a lack of pace, that's the main reason I'd have him back.

what im saying is that the 1 chance i had of seeing Rangers in a euro final will always be tinged

with the fact we didnt give it a real go.

Have you had a look back at that zenit side? Wjat about the fact cousin was suspended? We wouldnt have even been therr if it wasnt for the tactics.

I don't think the likes of Thomson or Miller should return, their injuries and/or age have destroyed their playing styles.

People like Boyd won't be affected by a lack of pace, that's the main reason I'd have him back.

If Thomson could prove his fitness with Hibs and get back to a decent level of form, which by all accounts seems to be happening, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Especially on a free. Tough tackling, good use of the ball. Perfect partner for McLeod. Much better option than Black and it would maybe light a fire under Hutton's lazy arse. It may also be beneficial to have Hemmings and Little working alongside Boyd and/or Miller, who I feel can still contribute in the lower divisions.

Like I said, this is all hypothetical and, for me anyway, would rely heavily on a few players moving on. Namely the so-called "experienced" players in the squad. I wouldn't want to have Thomson or Boyd etc coming in and still have Black, Shiels or Cabriri on the books. Get a spine in the team right up the middle and build around it with our youth players or talented youngsters scouted from outwith the club.

I was fairly certain that Boyd would sign in the summer. With Sandaza now also gone, we need a few options up front. I expect Boyd to sign. Hopefully a couple of other forwards with pace and movenent.

No doubt Boyd will be frustrating at times next season and anonymous at others. But I'd bet on him being our top goal scorer next season.