RM Sponsors - what shall we do with this framed Darren Cole shirt?

govanblue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the star prize if it isn't this top?

Assuming that the framed shirt doesn't go into the main raffle, then...

I was actually thinking that the best way to run the raffle was not as "star prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize, etc) but instead, whoever wins, gets to pick whatever they want out of the list of (generally equal value) prizes, then whoever came 2nd gets to choose from what's left, and so on.

I dont like any idea of an auction....too many people would be excluded.

I think it is fair to say that the original sponsors had two things in common...

1) we wanted to raise as much money as possible

2) we didnt expect anything in return

I would therefore advocate raffling the shirt(s) to raise as much as possible for next season....so open it up to anyone who wants to buy tickets.

(ps....put me down for 20 (hopefully on a 'buy 1 get 1 free' basis)

Initially option 1 was my first pick.

But now that I think about it, I think option 2 (Raffle it separately to existing fund members only) might be a better choice.

The raffle is probably destined to raise whatever it raises, whether the framed shirt is in it or not, cos it's really more about signing up to the new fund than winning the prizes.

If on the other hand, we raffle it amongst the 104 members, at £2 a go - even if only half the members decide to play, that's still £100 - which is probably not far off the price it would fetch at a conventional auction.

There's pros and cons for all the options unfortunately :(

I used to be indecisive noo am no so sure ! So it's jist gonnae be the usual carve up then ! ;):sherlock:

Home top: raffled off to the ones who contributed to the sponsor.

Hold a vote for the away one to the effect of who has given most to the forum over the past year e.g nacho nacho man for organizing the production of the scarves. Obviously hes not the only one but thats the example that sprung to mind.

Dear RM Sponsors’ Fund Members,

Now that we’ve received the Darren Cole Framed Home Shirt (and unframed Away Shirt) (see photos in post below) we need to decide what do do with them.

Please have a think about it and add your thoughts here, or maybe add your support for someone else’s suggestion.

Once we’ve had a bit of discussion, I will shortlist the suggestions and we will have a poll amongst the Fund members. This is not the vote thread, this is just the discussion thread.

Personally, I want to use the shirts to raise as much money as possible, for next season’s fund, so I don’t really want to just give it away for nothing. But if most of you do want to do that, that’s what we’ll do.

Here are some of the suggestions received so far…

1. Make it the Star Prize in our upcoming Sponsors’ fundraising raffle 2013/2014 (launching in a week or two) – this raffle will be open to all RM members
  2. Raffle it separately to existing fund members only
  3. Auction it on RM – anyone can bid
  4. Auction it on RM – only the 104 existing fund members can bid
  5. Give it to the fund member who buys the most raffle tickets in the upcoming raffle
  6. Have a free draw amongst the 104 fund members
  7. Hang it above govanblue’s fireplace (only kidding!)

So please either show your support for one of those ideas, or come up with a better one.

Its clearly up to the sponsors' fund members to decide. If you want to generate the maximum amount of money then a raffle may work although maybe you should ask on here who would buy a ticket first so you get an idea how much you would get? Obviously deduct a percentage as not everyone will bid.

Obviously before doing that the members need to decide whether or not they want to give up the shirt as at the end of the day, you guys have done all this work maybe one of you deserves something to show for it :)

Now that we’ve received the Darren Cole Framed Home Shirt (and unframed Away Shirt) (see photos in post below) we need to decide what do do with them.

Please have a think about it and add your thoughts here, or maybe add your support for someone else’s suggestion.

Once we’ve had a bit of discussion, I will shortlist the suggestions and we will have a poll amongst the Fund members. This is not the vote thread, this is just the discussion thread.

Personally, I want to use the shirts to raise as much money as possible, for next season’s fund, so I don’t really want to just give it away for nothing. But if most of you do want to do that, that’s what we’ll do.

1. Make it the Star Prize in our upcoming Sponsors’ fundraising raffle 2013/2014 (launching in a week or two) – this raffle will be open to all RM members
  5. Give it to the fund member who buys the most raffle tickets in the upcoming raffle

So please either show your support for one of those ideas, or come up with a better one.

If your feeling generous Option 6 would be nice :21: However I will quote you with your big hands and say Options 3 &4 would probably make the most ££ for RM, so the decision is yours :lol:

Raffle the home top for existing sponsors only and have the away top raffle open to everyone.

We didn't expect to get an away top so it's a welcome bonus.

This sounds good (tu) apart from home top in main raffle away top in raffle for existing members ? And a raffle winner to stay with NambianBear for a weeks fishing , Winner to fund their own plane tickets :thumbup:

option 1

I was actually thinking that the best way to run the raffle was not as "star prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize, etc) but instead, whoever wins, gets to pick whatever they want out of the list of (generally equal value) prizes, then whoever came 2nd gets to choose from what's left, and so on.

Definitely option 1. Would definitely raise the most money, plus opens up the chance for someone who doesn't actually come out of the hat first getting a chance to win it.

Eg, someone missed out on nacho's scarf, so they buy a ticket on the hope of getting that, they come out the hat first and take the scarf, then the shirt is still there.

Definitely option 1. Would definitely raise the most money, plus opens up the chance for someone who doesn't actually come out of the hat first getting a chance to win it.

Eg, someone missed out on nacho's scarf, so they buy a ticket on the hope of getting that, they come out the hat first and take the scarf, then the shirt is still there.

Make it the Star Prize in our upcoming Sponsors’ fundraising raffle 2013/2014 (launching in a week or two) – this raffle will be open to all RM members

use the money to buy some tickets for young bears