RM Sponsors - what shall we do with this framed Darren Cole shirt?

govanblue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i allowed to say that i hope we sponsor more than 2 appearances?

......now i feel guilty bringing that up

The money should be sitting gathering dust awaiting the sponsorship opening, unless the original sponsors get to retain their current player we should be in with a chance of getting someone who is a first teamer and respects the fans.

Dear RM Sponsors’ Fund Members,

Now that we’ve received the Darren Cole Framed Home Shirt (and unframed Away Shirt) (see photos in post below) we need to decide what do do with them.

Please have a think about it and add your thoughts here, or maybe add your support for someone else’s suggestion.

Once we’ve had a bit of discussion, I will shortlist the suggestions and we will have a poll amongst the Fund members. This is not the vote thread, this is just the discussion thread.

Personally, I want to use the shirts to raise as much money as possible, for next season’s fund, so I don’t really want to just give it away for nothing. But if most of you do want to do that, that’s what we’ll do.

Here are some of the suggestions received so far…

1. Make it the Star Prize in our upcoming Sponsors’ fundraising raffle 2013/2014 (launching in a week or two) – this raffle will be open to all RM members
  2. Raffle it separately to existing fund members only
  3. Auction it on RM – anyone can bid
  4. Auction it on RM – only the 104 existing fund members can bid
  5. Give it to the fund member who buys the most raffle tickets in the upcoming raffle
  6. Have a free draw amongst the 104 fund members
  7. Hang it above govanblue’s fireplace (only kidding!)

So please either show your support for one of those ideas, or come up with a better one.

Option 1.this has the best chance of raising more money I hope.

The question is: Does option 1 make the most money?

If we put the framed shirt into the raffle - will it significantly increase the number of raffle tickets bought, or will people just buy the tickets they were going to buy anyway, irrespective of the prizes, just to support the fundraising?

Imagine we raffle the shirt separately - we will probably make at least £100 on it, on top of what the main fundraising raffle earns.

So I'm tempted to go for option 2.

But the trend seems to be for option 1.

The question is: Does option 1 make the most money?

If we put the framed shirt into the raffle - will it significantly increase the number of raffle tickets bought, or will people just buy the tickets they were going to buy anyway, irrespective of the prizes, just to support the fundraising?

Imagine we raffle the shirt separately - we will probably make at least £100 on it, on top of what the main fundraising raffle earns.

So I'm tempted to go for option 2.

But the trend seems to be for option 1.

Option 2 will make you more money