Nacho Novo Confirmed For Legends Game

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take him before Boyd or Miller, impact player and could win us games

Do we really need 35 year old impact players in Div 2?

Pay him a grand a week to come off the bench now and then.

Folk up in arms at signing the likes of Boyd or Miller, saying never look back, time for new blood, bring in youth, only sign players with sell on, etc, etc, etc. But as Nachos a fans favourite those rules don't apply.

I'd take him on a 1 year rolling contract...

- Knows what it means to play for Rangers

- Has experience of the lower Scottish divisions

- Has a never say die attitude.. which is something the majority of our team is lacking. We need players with a bit of grit and determination!

Superb (for the legends game)...I love wee nacho! I really think we would be better served investing in youth and not looking to go back to former players, that said I'd take nacho ahead of Boyd, miller and daly.... Won't imagine he'd command a big wage and his attitude would hopefully rub off on some of our current players!

no he couldn't he has lost all his pace because is 35 years old, sorry Nacho you were one of my favourite Rangers players but Rangers don't need you.

fucking sick of the jobs for the boys mentality.

Mcculloch has scored 26 goals this season. :lol: I'm not saying he's a proffered option, obviously I'd be happier if we were looking elsewhere, I just feel on a 1 year deal he could do a job for us, and is a bit of experience in the team as someone who had won plenty with us

Mcculloch has scored 26 goals this season. :lol: I'm not saying he's a proffered option, obviously I'd be happier if we were looking elsewhere, I just feel on a 1 year deal he could do a job for us, and is a bit of experience in the team as someone who had won plenty with us

McCulloch isn't a player who has relied on pace his whole career he's always been slow as fuck therefore age won't affect his playing style until he get's really old, Nacho Novo however has based his entire career on his pace plus drive, grit and determination to win but he isn't particularly skillful, he isn't that good a finisher, his football brain isn't the best at 35 he is finished in football it isn't in Rangers best interests to give ageing players one last pay day just because certain fans are looking back to past times with rose tinted glasses, it would be a travesty if Aird or McKay were benched for a 35 year old Nacho Novo it's so backwards thinking and this mentality is exactly the reason Rangers got into such a big mess in the 1st place.

McCulloch isn't a player who has relied on pace his whole career he's always been slow as fuck therefore age won't affect his playing style until he get's really old, Nacho Novo however has based his entire career on his pace plus drive, grit and determination to win but he isn't particularly skillful, he isn't that good a finisher, his football brain isn't the best at 35 he is finished in football it isn't in Rangers best interests to give ageing players one last pay day just because certain fans are looking back to past times with rose tinted glasses, it would be a travesty if Aird or McKay were benched for a 35 year old Nacho Novo it's so backwards thinking and this mentality is exactly the reason Rangers got into such a big mess in the 1st place.

Mcculloch isn't skilfull or a good finisher, novo would score 20+ no bother for us in the second division, that's all I'm saying

Mcculloch isn't skilfull or a good finisher, novo would score 20+ no bother for us in the second division, that's all I'm saying

yes McCulloch is a good finisher, he is strong, can hold the ball up, win headers use his size to bully defenders age doesn't affect players like him the same way as it does players like Novo, Novo would be lucky to get 7/8/9 goals for us next season.

Nacho Novo would play for the badge. He's a true Rangers man and knows the determination and passion it takes to play for that jersey.

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat, perhaps he can retire at Rangers and go on to be a member of the coaching staff at Murray Park or something.

no he couldn't he has lost all his pace because is 35 years old, sorry Nacho you were one of my favourite Rangers players but Rangers don't need you.

fucking sick of the jobs for the boys mentality.

Do you see a lot of the Segunda Divisíon then, aye...?

He's 34.

Would I take Nacho back yer root toot tooting I would ! I would also take a one legged Michael Mols over most off the current Rangers team, because when he played in the AC Milan legends game, he still has more than enough ability to destroy any team in Scotland,and for the hat trick could I also have Brian Laudrup please. :pipe:

Should never have left, as much as it pains me to this I I wouldn't take him back. His best days are behind him. But all the best Nacho and I look forward to watching him in a Gers top once again. :)