Tribute to Jorg Albertz -German efficiency with a bang

dalton

I think i Went to his first ever Rangers game versus Arsenal at Ibrox in goughies testimonal

first match ever i,d taken my six year old son at the time.

Albertz scored with a rocket in that game and as we werent use to him thought great goal but its a one off ! - wrong he never stopped after and it felt we had a Peter Lorimer at Leeds who also could burst

nets and give goalkeepers a chance to check their bits were still there.

Brilliant to see him make the man utd legends squirm in the wall on monday

a nice guy a brilliant footballer and thanks for giving us football from the comic books - hot shot hamish had a reality in real life he played in scotland it was at ibrox jorg - the hammer albertz

Football from the comic books... Love it.

We have had Hot Shot Hamish's shooting power with Jorg Albertz... and Hot Shot Hamish's doppelganger in Colin Hendry!

HA HA - He was never good looking hot shot hamish

They way he was portrayed - Aberdeen comes to mind !

Scored loads of goals but had 900 perms to cut after it

That was excellent. Loved the big man. I was working in Oberhausen in Germany so i missed his debut v arsenal, but on the building site i had a good chat with a coupla Hamburg fans (joiners) who told me we had signed a Quality player who would do the bizness for us. Glad that they lads werent wrong, his ending with us should have been glorious but i felt wee dick didnae treat him with the respect he had earned and deserved.

I used to occasionally bump into Jorg in Duchess Woods in Helensburgh whilst both of us walking dogs. Sometimes catching him having a quick puff on a cigarette. The first time he tried to hide it and looked embarrassed. I said to him- no worries, keep on banging them away like you are doing and your secrets safe- he laughed and told me he thought I was Walter- and that if so he would be getting a rocket of his own. We met quite a few times thereafter, never having another conversation, but he always gave me a big smile and a hearty good morning. A real gentleman.

Did Walter not then do a Walter thing and start playing him at left back ? ?

He did do a walter thing, he played a few games at leftback the season we did that walter thing n won 9 in a row. The walter way.