SFL to be wound up and replaced by SPL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFL does have a say, Longmuir has to do what the chairmen tell him. The sphell gave them a sniff of some cash now their like flys round a jamjar

So disappointed in the SFL cave-in. As someone else said - especially with us in the league - they were in a position of strength.

More short-term thinking based on pure greed.

So disappointed in the SFL cave-in. As someone else said - especially with us in the league - they were in a position of strength.

More short-term thinking based on pure greed.

My thoughts, for what it's worth BMD, are that the SPL was facing insolvency but, as the only income earner for the Scottish game they've had to get the SFL on board to guarantee their continued existence and hence any TV/ Sponsorship for the game. My major concern is that the newly rejuvenated cabal will cling to the same arsewipes who've stumbled and fannied around like we've witnessed all this season. The last thing we need is the continued 'inneptitude of the failed' formula.

My thoughts, for what it's worth BMD, are that the SPL was facing insolvency but, as the only income earner for the Scottish game they've had to get the SFL on board to guarantee their continued existence and hence any TV/ Sponsorship for the game. My major concern is that the newly rejuvenated cabal will cling to the same arsewipes who've stumbled and fannied around like we've witnessed all this season. The last thing we need is the continued 'inneptitude of the failed' formula.

Undoubtedly mate... They are the ultimate Self-Preservation Society.

It is also wholly possible that your theory about insolvency is correct. (tu)

I think the thread title is a little misleading...

There is currently no done deal the SFL have in the best interests of Scottish Football as a whole have:

1.) Considered the proposals as presented by the SPL for merging the organisations which the SPL have already modified the league structure proposal following feedback from the SFL.

2.) They have rejected the SPL's proposal as per income distribution and have suggested another distribution model.

3.) They have rejected the SPL's proposal as per governance and have suggested another governance model.

4.) The SPL now have to agree these new proposals from the SFL and would have to vote.

5.) Whilst the SPL are getting on with deciding whether or not they can agree to the SFL distribution and governance models, the SFL is initiating a process of due diligence- essentially into the finances of the SPL- to ensure "we get to a place where we have a proper health check on any merged organisation to ensure there are no surprises".

6.) Subject to due diligence and the SPL having reached agreement on the SFL's terms- then the SFL Clubs would still need to vote.

The above would suggest that Longmuir is playing his cards wisely and with caution to get the best deal for the SFL Clubs and for the long term benefit of Scottish Football as a whole. The sugar coated poison pill he has dropped into the mix is the initiation of the due diligence process which will no doubt focus on the state of the finances of the SPL and its member Clubs. The SPL is currently dangerously close to being judged to be in a position of trading whilst insolvent. If the due diligence process evidences that this is the case then the SPL and its Directors are living on the edge of a razor sharp knife.

For now I am very comfortable as to how Longmuir is managing his side of the current negotiations.

There is currently no done deal the SFL have in the best interests of Scottish Football as a whole have:

1.) Considered the proposals as presented by the SPL for merging the organisations which the SPL have already modified the league structure proposal following feedback from the SFL.

2.) They have rejected the SPL's proposal as per income distribution and have suggested another distribution model.

3.) They have rejected the SPL's proposal as per governance and have suggested another governance model.

4.) The SPL now have to agree these new proposals from the SFL and would have to vote.

5.) Whilst the SPL are getting on with deciding whether or not they can agree to the SFL distribution and governance models, the SFL is initiating a process of due diligence- essentially into the finances of the SPL- to ensure "we get to a place where we have a proper health check on any merged organisation to ensure there are no surprises".

6.) Subject to due diligence and the SPL having reached agreement on the SFL's terms- then the SFL Clubs would still need to vote.

The above would suggest that Longmuir is playing his cards wisely and with caution to get the best deal for the SFL Clubs and for the long term benefit of Scottish Football as a whole. The sugar coated poison pill he has dropped into the mix is the initiation of the due diligence process which will no doubt focus on the state of the finances of the SPL and its member Clubs. The SPL is currently dangerously close to being judged to be in a position of trading whilst insolvent. If the due diligence process evidences that this is the case then the SPL and its Directors are living on the edge of a razor sharp knife.

For now I am very comfortable as to how Longmuir is managing his side of the current negotiations.

Great post Beaujolais, the proper due diligence which should include a viewing of any contracts with Sky and others. Also possible legal liabilities from the Harry Hood suing and their title thieving legal bill debts, means the due diligence could turn out to be a deal breaker.

Undoubtedly mate... They are the ultimate Self-Preservation Society.

It is also wholly possible that your theory about insolvency is correct. (tu)

I thought the Village Green Preservation Society were the ultimate :thumbup:

Outstanding post.

A good calm quote and post among the hysteria panic induced responses - well said

Wasn't 12-12-18 a done deal a few months back?

How did that turn out again?

Some people need to calm the fuck down.

It seems a lot may ride on the format .Sfl want a 3 1 1 1 membership where they will have every division being represented at future decision making ..Spl are looking for a 3 2 1 membership where there would only be 1 rep from divs 2@3 .Crucially that would give their friends in Div 1 the 2 members probably still keeping the power assuming that Div 1 reps bought into their cabal . Let's face it , that's what it would end up turning into with SPL turning the heads of DIv 1 clubs again with sweeteners ,leaving lower divisions without a real voice .

Also Longmuir has indicated he will require due diligence to be done on the Spl to make sure there are no hidden surprises .Think we know what that may mean ? .Seriously think Doncaster will ultimately move sideways or out the door eventually but Regan will still be pulling the strings for Liewell in this game of ours for quite a few years yet .

Also Longmuir has indicated he will require due diligence to be done on the Spl to make sure there are no hidden surprises .Think we know what that may mean ? .Seriously think Doncaster will ultimately move sideways or out the door eventually but Regan will still be pulling the strings for Liewell in this game of ours for quite a few years yet .

IMO doncaster is a tit, a nothing, but regan is a dangerous cunt who has a huge dislike for us. I was going to say, the quicker they get exposed for what they are, the better.

But they have been exposed, and still running things (badly), with the aid of liewell.

Its no coincidence that when the mark of the bheast is controlling our game, its at its lowest ebb ever.

IMO doncaster is a tit, a nothing, but regan is a dangerous cunt who has a huge dislike for us. I was going to say, the quicker they get exposed for what they are, the better.

But they have been exposed, and still running things (badly), with the aid of liewell.

Its no coincidence that when the mark of the bheast is controlling our game, its at its lowest ebb ever.

Jack the sad thing is the complient media will never go after the Spl or anything that is being controlled by slanty eyes .It may be obvious to us or sheer para from others but the media in this Country are a total lost cause .The game in Scotland has went downhill rapidly since Lemon became their Manager .It's not his fault we have imploded but we have given this little prick the easiest time a Manager of the old firm will ever have .

Jack the sad thing is the complient media will never go after the Spl or anything that is being controlled by slanty eyes .It may be obvious to us or sheer para from others but the media in this Country are a total lost cause .The game in Scotland has went downhill rapidly since Lemon became their Manager .It's not his fault we have imploded but we have given this little prick the easiest time a Manager of the old firm will ever have .

Agreed.

No. Bad news for RFC for many many years to come if this comes to pass. From a position of strength the SFL have caved in to a corrupt bullying cabal.

We have won many battles lately against our enemies but this one is going to hurt.

We may not see it for few years but when we are back in the top flight this whole league will be under the control of one club from east end of Glasgow.

This spot on mate the Liewell cabal will be in full force.

NONE of this shit would have happened if David Murray waited for the FTTT outcome ...

Thats one part of history I'd love to change trotters .DM seems to have been airbrushed from the all the things that have gone wrong for our club .Hardly a bad word is said against him .Sadly if DM had been the same man that he was in mid 80s then I'm sure we would never have went the way we did .Its all ifs and buts and maybees but I will hate the man to my dying breath .

The only reports I've heard about all this is that it has 'moved a step closer'. I have to admit I wasn't listening with too much attention as I started thinking how do we still have reconstruction on the table when the all or nothing vote went for nothing???

Still, it's not quite the done deal and only appears that way due to the shite reporting by shite journalists.