Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

dont get all the scaremongering about Bain and Paul Murray etc etc

surely thats for the board etc to vote on not a decision for Smith alone to make?

hes only been made non exec chairman not suddenly become majority shareholder/owner or am i missing something?

That's absolute rubbish.

There is a mixture of pro-Green and anti- Green sentiment and some of us, like myself, who haven't decided either way. Furthermore the site will publish articles promoting both sides of the argument and not show favour to a particular faction.

And if you accept we are all capable of individual thought on here why do you repeatedly make comments which suggest a certain stereotyping of thought ?

I call it as I see it.

What articles the site publishes is a bit irrelevant, because all the discussion happens in the forums. Having said that, the site writing is excellent at times.

Because I've been on here for many years, and I know the factions that exist. Most posters on here do fit a stereotype, and that's a fact. It's a lazy example, but the one I'll pick out is the anti-RST theme that runs deep throughout many on here.

There's nothing wrong with that. In many ways, it's human nature. Often it's a good thing to come on here and read a different view on things. But to suggest RM is a place where everyone makes up their own individual mind, free of influence from other posters is quite simply untrue, and you know it. Therefore, it can get labelled with a stereotype the same as FF is constantly labelled with one. Not that anyone wants to hear that FF often has a rich variety of opinions, of course. ;)

Cut the childish, petty, personal shit out now. I cleaned up a thread of this pish yesterday, I'm not doing it again today.

Ed, Buzz, Fury, probably more but you're the three that spring immediately to mind - just stop it.

Understood sir.

I call it as I see it.

What articles the site publishes is a bit irrelevant, because all the discussion happens in the forums. Having said that, the site writing is excellent at times.

Because I've been on here for many years, and I know the factions that exist. Most posters on here do fit a stereotype, and that's a fact. It's a lazy example, but the one I'll pick out is the anti-RST theme that runs deep throughout many on here.

There's nothing wrong with that. In many ways, it's human nature. Often it's a good thing to come on here and read a different view on things. But to suggest RM is a place where everyone makes up their own individual mind, free of influence from other posters is quite simply untrue, and you know it. Therefore, it can get labelled with a stereotype the same as FF is constantly labelled with one. Not that anyone wants to hear that FF often has a rich variety of opinions, of course. ;)

Many people who hold an individual view on certain things on here are instantly labelled as a taig, handwringer, happy clapper, etc,.

find it strange that everyones banging on about how Smith will give us the truth.

This is the same Smith who walked into Rangers dressing room and told the team everyone was up for sale as soon as the money troubles hit but when repeatedly asked from the press if that was the case he said it wasn't.

Read Novo's book for clarification if you don't believe this.

We will get dignified silence from Smith, just as we have had over the last few months. We are still at war, and with no one to speak out, we are fucked.

So because he never came out in the press and said everyone was up for sale "we are fucked"? Managers don't usually say stuff to the press that they would say to there players. I would say that was common sense?

What is it you exactly you want him to tell Rangers fans? Fuck sake whenever there is a story in the press about things like this every cunt goes nuts because there talking to the BBC or the Daily record etc......

So because he never came out in the press and said everyone was up for sale "we are fucked"? Managers don't usually say stuff to the press that they would say to there players. I would say that was common sense?

What is it you exactly want him to tell Rangers fans? Fuck sake whenever there is a story in the press about things like this every cunt goes nuts because there talking to the BBC or the Daily record etc......

Its not often I agree with you but you're spot on here.

We have a fair number of outspoken anti-RST posters on here. I continually read about the 'fact' that RM is anti-RST. It's just lazy though, we also have a fair number of outspoken pro-RST posters.

RM, as a website, isn't interested in the RST other than that they are a Trust with aims involving Rangers and as such are a topic for discussion.

We have a fair number of outspoken anti-RST posters on here. I continually read about the 'fact' that RM is anti-RST. It's just lazy though, we also have a fair number of outspoken pro-RST posters.

RM, as a website, isn't interested in the RST other than that they are a Trust with aims involving Rangers and as such are a topic for discussion.

Whoa, hold on cowboy. I didn't mention anything about the views of the site. We both know the site doesn't hold views on things like this.

I was talking about the views of the members. Certainly, the last time there was an RST debate on here, the pro-RST side was a little outnumbered to say the least...

I call it as I see it.

In that case you need to get around some more forums because there is anti-RST sentiment expressed on a number of them - just ask Frankie who runs Gersnet.

Furthermore I strongly disagree that the articles the site publish is irrelevant - it shows objectivity, balance and fairness are at the heart of what this site is about and allow Bears reading those articles to form their own opinion.

So what is the stereotype of most posters on here - which you have asserted is a "fact" ?

In that case you need to get around some more forums because there is anti-RST sentiment expressed on a number of them - just ask Frankie who runs Gersnet.

Furthermore I strongly disagree that the articles the site publish is irrelevant - it shows objectivity, balance and fairness are at the heart of what this site is about and allow Bears reading those articles to form their own opinion.

So what is the stereotype of most posters on here - which you have asserted is a "fact" ?

I'm in no doubt about anti-RST sentiment being expressed on other forums. But we're talking about RM, not other forums.

I'm sure they do, but it's largely symbolic because we're talking about the attitudes of the members, not the attitudes of the site.

The stereotype of most posters on here? A few could include Anti-RST, Anti-FF, pro-Zeus, pro-VB. These are not bad things. In the old days a lot of the members were pro-Muir, anti-AJ. FF was the exact opposite. No way of knowing right or wrong answers at the time, that was just the way it was. Majority influenced by the minority, like I said.

In any case, we're taking the thread well off-topic, but I'll discuss this via PM if you wish.

I call it as I see it.

Maybe we should all agree with you then if we are so easily influenced. Maybe that is your objective. Afterall you have very few posts for someone who has been a member for so long, but have been posting profusely lately.

To his credit? he's an eternal optimist. Every decision anyone at Rangers makes or anything anyone at Rangers does is 100% the right one in his eyes. Anyone at Rangers and the club short term at least can do no wrong, no matter what.

BluePeter9 isn't a bad guy, he's far from the worst on here even though I rarely agree with him but he is a wee bit deluded if I'm being honest. He probably would say the same about me tho.

no I want to have your babies!! now pucker up !!

:pipe:

I'm in no doubt about anti-RST sentiment being expressed on other forums. But we're talking about RM, not other forums.

I'm sure they do, but it's largely symbolic because we're talking about the attitudes of the members, not the attitudes of the site.

The stereotype of most posters on here? A few could include Anti-RST, Anti-FF, pro-Zeus, pro-VB. These are not bad things. In the old days a lot of the members were pro-Muir, anti-AJ. FF was the exact opposite. No way of knowing right or wrong answers at the time, that was just the way it was. Majority influenced by the minority, like I said.

In any case, we're taking the thread well off-topic, but I'll discuss this via PM if you wish.

Oh I'm sure admin will allow us the latitude to discuss this. (Particularly when PM is not available in performance mode)

You see I'm beginning to get a bit confused by the answers you are providing. How can you stereotype a site when you admit and accept such attitudes and beliefs exist within the wider Rangers community ?

Firstly as an example in an earlier response you quoted being anti-RST as a stereotype - yet now you accept that such sentiment is shared by a number of forums. So is that a generic stereotype then ?

Furthermore, as Bluepeter has pointed out to you, there are a number of pro-RST posters on here so do they fit a particular stereotype ?

I particularly object to your assertion that this site was pro-Muir because that is absolutely erroneous - I wrote an article on here which was published which was very much damning of Donald Muir and a lot of posters agreed with it. In fact I don't recall anyone disagreeing with it.

Finally dont you think you do posters on here something of a dis-service by suggesting they are influenced by others, and how does that fit in with your earlier admission we are all capable of individual thought on here ?

What does non exec chairman mean exactly , ? (no voting rights , no pay ? )

All directors are equal in law but non - executive directors generally don't take part in day to day running of the company that is done by executive directors - such as a CEO or marketing director, financial director etc. A chairman will usually be here to guide and lead strategy, direction etc. A non exec does that on usually a oversight/ experience basis and and exec does the actual implementation. so an exec chairman will lead and make day to day decisions but a non- exec will only provide leadership and experience. in companies it is usually the Chairman and or CEO who also act as the public 'face' of the board ( but not exclusively so)

hope that helps on a general way