Beware of Geeks bearing Gifts (interesting read about Prior)

North Rd

The prospectus is vague in all probability deliberatly so.

One things for sure we won't be playing in the SFL next season so he may well be entitled to his contractural bonus.

It's also not clear whether his share options will 2 and a half x £200k or 2 and a half times £400k, either way it's an utterly ridiculous remuneration package.

The prospectus was in no way vague in terms of the bonus. It was always payable when leaving the SFL. At the time of issue the only way out of the SFL was via three league wins and entering the SPL.

Circumstance has now made the bonus arguable though I would fully expect a responsible board to have control of any such situation indeed I would imagine that any such attempt to be paid said bonus would not be successful as it clearly wasn't the intention at the time of issue.

As to how much a bean counter gets paid.... that is a whole different argument. One I am happy to look at after we have dealt with the disgraceful remuneration for both out current manager and captain.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a move to get rid of Stockbridge from the wage bill then I'm all for it.

Respect to the guy for putting in £1m of his own money to the club, but his investment was all about buying himself a lucrative 'job' £200k a year for a £1m investment is a bloody good deal for what must be a part-time job.

The prospectus was in no way vague in terms of the bonus. It was always payable when leaving the SFL. At the time of issue the only way out of the SFL was via three league wins and entering the SPL.

Circumstance has now made the bonus arguable though I would fully expect a responsible board to have control of any such situation indeed I would imagine that any such attempt to be paid said bonus would not be successful as it clearly wasn't the intention at the time of issue.

if indeed the prospectus was "in no way" vague then we would already know the definitive value of Stockbridge's total remuneration package, we don't because they didn't want us to know same goes for Ahmad's and Green's potential total remuneration packages, It could very easily have been drafted to clearly state that any bonus would only be payable upon the return of the club to the top tier of Scottish football it deliberately wasn't.

If Stockbridge is legally entitled then there's nothing the board (let alone an actual responsible one) can do about it how ever much it grates.

"the Club wins promotion from the SFL"

I think the 'wins promotion from' will mean that he is not going to be entitled to a bonus as this is not what has happened. It will be clear from the accounts (when they are published) if this has been paid rather than when we would have been promoted to the SPL rather than newco SPL (if ratified). We will also see what BS is all about if he is seen to be pushing for this to be paid.

if indeed the prospectus was "in no way" vague then we would already know the definitive value of Stockbridge's total remuneration package, we don't because they didn't want us to know same goes for Ahmad's and Green's potential total remuneration packages, It could very easily have been drafted to clearly state that any bonus would only be payable upon the return of the club to the top tier of Scottish football it deliberately wasn't.

If Stockbridge is legally entitled then there's nothing the board (let alone an actual responsible one) can do about it how ever much it grates.

You must have different comprehension skills to me.

Anyway back to our immobile captain and joke a minute manager pocketing more than7 times what stockbridge gets.... shocking waste of resource, isn't it?

You must have different comprehension skills to me.

Perhaps.

Anyway back to our immobile captain and joke a minute manager pocketing more than7 times what stockbridge gets.... shocking waste of resource, isn't it?

Agree re captain and manager I'm certainly no great fan of either.

Anyway if I was a shareholder I'd nip down to Ibrox and ask to see Stockbridge's (and the other directors) service contracts since they must be made available for inspection during normal business hours under the Companies Act which should reveal the true remuneration packages.

Perhaps.

Agree re captain and manager I'm certainly no great fan of either.

Anyway if I was a shareholder I'd nip down to Ibrox and ask to see Stockbridge's (and the other directors) service contracts since they must be made available for inspection during normal business hours under the Companies Act which should reveal the true remuneration packages.

You mean you are not a shareholder?

After all your posts about this type of subject matter.

And what salary do you find appropriate for the Captain and Manager of Rangers - one of the most prestigious clubs in the world?

And what salary do you find appropriate for the Captain and Manager of Rangers - one of the most prestigious clubs in the world?

Certainly not what he pair of them are on

In our current league no player should be on over 4/5k per week

Manager 200k max

Happy for the manger to get 750 on the basis that their base is no more that 400k, when in the SPL, with the 350 bonus for getting into the CL league format.

Ps Kodak were the premier photographic company. Times change and you need to live within your means. You should also not what your competitors are doing, in this case £60 per week!

In our current league no player should be on over 4/5k per week

Manager 200k max

Happy for the manger to get 750 on the basis that their base is no more that 400k, when in the SPL, with the 350 bonus for getting into the CL league format.

Ps Kodak were the premier photographic company. Times change and you need to live within your means. You should also not what your competitors are doing, in this case £60 per week!

Am I wrong in thinking that this years salary was made of a base salary and shares given to McCoist? I am certain CG stated this in the press.

Times change and you need to live within your means. You should also not what your competitors are doing, in this case £60 per week!

There are endless threads concerning the merits of our captain and manager where I'm more than happy to debate Rangers fans like yourself who have a penchant for abusing men who bleed blue blood, and while they are not immune from constructive criticism, they deserve respect for what they have done for our club - a respect clearly absent in your comment.

Stockbridge is also tertiary to the main issue of the OP, however ...

How many of the competitors you cite that are paying 60 pounds come close to a world record of 54 titles, hold a trophy in one of Europe's highest competitions, and who are respected and known throughout the football world?

Right, none!

While fiscal constraints must always be a consideration for any business, none of the competition you refer to have any where near the assets of Rangers, or 45,000 turning up for home games, or a support upwards of 500,000 world wide

It is the responsibility of financial experts to assess these assets, and make the decisions regarding the expenditures necessary to keep us competitive with our equals and maintain our stature as one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. And it's our responsibility to pay them their worth relative to market value.

The primary issue of the op is whether due diligence is necessary on a new shareholder who is from a devout catholic family from the republic of ireland; who is a hero in the catholic herald; who has Adamus, a radical catholic, as trustee on the board of his charity; who apparently has links to MacDonagh, the supreme knight of columba, and to the rabid Ranger's hater @corsica 1968, and why this shareholder is given headlines and an interview with the daily rhecord, a rag that has done its best to fuck Rangers, while completely ignoring numerous other shareholders with more or an equivalent amount of shares.

Do you feel that that Kieran requires due diligence, considering these issues, or that such alleged priors should be ignored?

There are endless threads concerning the merits of our captain and manager where I'm more than happy to debate Rangers fans like yourself who have a penchant for abusing men who bleed blue blood, and while they are not immune from constructive criticism, they deserve respect for what they have done for our club - a respect clearly absent in your comment.

Stockbridge is also tertiary to the main issue of the OP, however ...

How many of the competitors you cite that are paying 60 pounds come close to a world record of 54 titles, hold a trophy in one of Europe's highest competitions, and who are respected and known throughout the football world?

Right, none!

While fiscal constraints must always be a consideration for any business, none of the competition you refer to have any where near the assets of Rangers, or 45,000 turning up for home games, or a support upwards of 500,000 world wide

It is the responsibility of financial experts to assess these assets, and make the decisions regarding the expenditures necessary to keep us competitive with our equals and maintain our stature as one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. And it's our responsibility to pay them their worth relative to market value.

The primary issue of the op is whether due diligence is necessary on a new shareholder who is from a devout catholic family from the republic of ireland; who is a hero in the catholic herald; who has Adamus, a radical catholic, as trustee on the board of his charity; who apparently has links to MacDonagh, the supreme knight of columba, and to the rabid Ranger's hater @corsica 1968, and why this shareholder is given headlines and an interview with the daily rhecord, a rag that has done its best to fuck Rangers, while completely ignoring numerous other shareholders with more or an equivalent amount of shares.

Do you feel that that Kieran requires due diligence, considering these issues, or that such alleged priors should be ignored?

It's a pity that for such a long and full post that you decided to artificially edit my post by cutting my direct answer to your direct question. Almost as if you think I am here to answer your points only to be discarded and then followed by another list of direct questions.

As to your prestige argument we have none, we are playing in the third tier of Scotland and recently suffered a liquidation event. I would suggest that only complete fools would ignore such an event by paying people 100 of times what our opponents are on. Indeed we already know that we are losing money month on month.

As to prior the whole thing is beyond parody and his public utterances stink to high heaven.

before prior there was a prior meeting with prior people who thought prior lads had prior knowledge that prior men knew about prior having a meeting with the lads prior to the first prior talks.having said that prior to the meeting prior engagement was allowed prior to the motion given to our prior talks.prior anouncements with of course come before prior talks.thank you all our prior members mr racoon.

Blatantly reeking.

Why not get involved in the debate rather than labelling people tims.

The only thing tims will do is big up the club, the manager and that we have no issues, as any other world view would actually help us address issues to help in the long term improvement of the club.

Admin should be sin binning folk who run about castigating people as tims.

Admin should be sin binning folk who run about castigating people as tims.

Of course they should. How dare a genuine Rangers supporter (that'll be me, lest you're momentarily confused by continued pretence) criticise anyone for being so kind as to publicly debase our club on a Rangers supporters message board.

So, you want the freedom to insult Rangers by stating we have 'no prestige' and still absolutely demand that no one dares takes you to task for it?

I can't even begin to imagine why you're here at all.

:pipe: