Beware of Geeks bearing Gifts (interesting read about Prior)

North Rd

Of course they should. How dare a genuine Rangers supporter (that'll be me, lest you're momentarily confused by continued pretence) criticise anyone for being so kind as to publicly debase our club on a Rangers supporters message board.

So, you want the freedom to insult Rangers by stating we have 'no prestige' and still absolutely demand that no one dares takes you to task for it?

I can't even begin to imagine why you're here at all.

:pipe:

You should try taking your head out of RTV and the rangers news..... there's a big world out there

I shove more than enough, into RFC each year, to have an opinion.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Host,

After what we have been through no one is burying their heads in the sand.

To be fair, intimating that we are now a run of the mill lower league club does make you sound more like one of them than one of us.

Host,

After what we have been through no one is burying their heads in the sand.

To be fair, intimating that we are now a run of the mill lower league club does make you sound more like one of them than one of us.

I was denoting it in answer to someone who thought we should be paying ludicrous salaries because of our name and history in total contradiction to where we now find ourselves.

It's simple spunk unwarranted resources now for little benefit or live within our means and stockpile resources for when we arrive at a stage where we need them.

You mean you are not a shareholder?

After all your posts about this type of subject matter.

I actually read the prospectus and researched Green's business history, found nothing but a of destruction of shareholders funds running into the hundred of millions of £'s with a knack of jumping ship just before the excrement hits the rotating cooling device and decided not to fill the pockets of a bunch of transient financial rapists.

Anyway the club will need a large injection of capital this time next year and if the transient financial rapists have all departed the scene then I'll happily open my wallet.

Into the spl

That remains to be seen.

It's a pity that for such a long and full post that you decided to artificially edit my post by cutting my direct answer to your direct question. Almost as if you think I am here to answer your points only to be discarded and then followed by another list of direct questions.

As to your prestige argument we have none, we are playing in the third tier of Scotland and recently suffered a liquidation event. I would suggest that only complete fools would ignore such an event by paying people 100 of times what our opponents are on. Indeed we already know that we are losing money month on month.

As to prior the whole thing is beyond parody and his public utterances stink to high heaven.

To state that Rangers have no prestige because they are playing in the third tier of Scotland and recently suffered a liquidation event humiliates you as a Rangers' supporter more than anything I or anyone else could ever say.

Shameful.

To state that Rangers have no prestige because they are playing in the third tier of Scotland and recently suffered a liquidation event humiliates you as a Rangers' supporter more than anything I or anyone else could ever say.

Shameful.

No it doesn't. It means I take emotion out of it and look at our current circumstance and try and ensure we never end up here again.

The only shameful act is those who refuse to learn from history and allow themselves to think with their heart rather than their head.

Alas we need the business model to be right before we can even discuss the football.

No it doesn't. It means I take emotion out of it and look at our current circumstance and try and ensure we never end up here again.

The only shameful act is those who refuse to learn from history and allow themselves to think with their heart rather than their head.

Alas we need the business model to be right before we can even discuss the football.

Your made a clear statement: "As to your prestige argument we [Rangers] have none..."

It speaks for itself and volumes about you as Rangers supporter.

The league we currently find ourselves in is merely a temporary aberration that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on a prestige formed by accomplishments achieved in a history that includes 54 titles - a distinction that no other team in the world has accomplished including the likes of Barca, Real, and Man U.

Now that, mate, whether you like it or not, is 5 stars - which happens to be synonymous with prestige!

Even our worst enemies, to their disappointment, must acknowledge the league we currently find ourselves in as a temporary aberration for, as was recently verified, the most successful team in scotland - Rangers!

I think the success and input from major IPO players suggests our prestige is very much intact. Are you philthreenames?

He seems to be obsessively following developments at Rangers, looking for faults.

Only a staunch Rangers fan would do that as we all know.

If a tim were trying to infiltrate the board they certainly wouldn't ask the questions I, and others, ask.

Alas you do not have to be obsessive to look for the faults.

A post highlighting the entirely uneccessary splurging of our limited resources completely ignored so everyone can argue about me being a tim because of one word.

Less thinking about prestige and more thinking about revenue and expenditure might actually see us elevated to the Euro elite, one day.

Nice to see the return of Ye Olde if you don't run with the herd you must be a Taig/Tarrier/Kerryfail Accountant et al that this place does so well.

Given he is discounting our prestige within football with no back up to his claim when our IPO success suggests he is wrong.

Given he is discounting our prestige within football with no back up to his claim when our IPO success suggests he is wrong.

Nice to see the return of Ye Olde if you don't run with the herd you must be a Taig/Tarrier/Kerryfail Accountant et al that this place does so well.

Thankfully people who are over 25 know me :thumbup:

If a tim were trying to infiltrate the board they certainly wouldn't ask the questions I, and others, ask.

Alas you do not have to be obsessive to look for the faults.

A post highlighting the entirely uneccessary splurging of our limited resources completely ignored so everyone can argue about me being a tim because of one word.

Less thinking about prestige and more thinking about revenue and expenditure might actually see us elevated to the Euro elite, one day.

Can't help yourself, really.

I don't know a Rangers fan who not only is aware of our prestige, but also enjoys the reality of it.

Then you have serial malcontents of indeterminate allegiances claiming it does not exist.

He seems to be obsessively following developments at Rangers, looking for faults.

Only a staunch Rangers fan would do that as we all know.

That's the spirit. I met a life-long Rangers fan the other day who insisted on telling me that not only was he happy we won the league this season, but he couldn't wait for the new one to begin.

Obviously I asked: "Are you a fucking jungle these days or whit?"

:shifty:

That's the spirit. I met a life-long Rangers fan the other day who insisted on telling me that not only was he happy we won the league this season, but he couldn't wait for the new one to begin.

Obviously I asked: "Are you a fucking jungle these days or whit?"

:shifty:

What an obsessive cunt.

Can't help yourself, really.

I don't know a Rangers fan who not only is aware of our prestige, but also enjoys the reality of it.

Then you have serial malcontents of indeterminate allegiances claiming it does not exist.

Look without going into details I sit in some of the most expensive seats in the house and ive been going to matches for over 44 years.

The reason I have been unbanned is because people know that i'm not a tim.

I want to see the club run properly and I will not be silenced when I think that things can be done better. If that makes me a malcontent then so be it. I refuse to celebrate mediocrity.

I want the business side of the club run properly, all revenue streams maximised and all salaries kept within reasonable limits.

I therefore think it is a disgrace that we are paying players 100 times the salaries of their opponents and the manager more than any other manager in Scotland whilst trouncing about the part-time leagues of Scotland.

When we win the top league again then I will celebrate. When we get into the group stages of the CL then we will have returned to our rightful place. Until then spunking unnecessary fortunes, because we have won the league 54 times previously, makes not one iota of sense.