Bosnian offered 3 year deal - STV

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boris Pandza is hopeful a deal can be struck with Rangers after being offered a three-year deal by the club.

The Bosnian defender is waiting for word back from his agent as negotiations continue between the two parties, with Ibrox boss Ally McCoist keen to sign him up.

Pandza is available on a free after ending his contract with Belgian club Mechelen and is keen to join the Third Division champions.

He told STV: "Rangers made me an offer yesterday. Now we have put our proposal to them. My agent has told Rangers what I would like.

"I am hopeful we can reach an agreement. For me it would be great to sign.

"It is one of the biggest clubs and I would be proud to play for Rangers. I hope a deal can be concluded soon."

Pandza is playing for a place in a Bosnia squad which is on course to reach the 2014 World Cup but has already claimed he has no fears over missing out if he was to play in Scotland's third tier.

The 26-year-old has options from other clubs which could safeguard his international place but says he would rather head for Glasgow.

"I spoke to Ally McCoist last week. We had a conversation but we didn't discuss anything concrete. I told him that my agent would speak to him.

"I have been contacted by other clubs in Europe but my preference is to join Rangers."

http://sport.stv.tv/...-year-contract/

He sounds keen. Papac (recommended him) has obviously told him how much he enjoyed being a Ranger and I think Pandza seems impressed. I don't know much about him, but if he is half the player Sasa was he is well worth an offer.

There will be some more players leaving, no need to worry about that just be a bit patient. Irrespective though no-one said Coisty couldn't sign other players he was told it was a preference that other players were moved on first but it was understood he still requires a couple of defenders to get the balanced squad he wants. As for the deal being offered, normal procedures is to offer and then a counter offer might be made and usually people meet in the middle, also Pandza wouldn't require being on trial with us as he is a recognised international who has been capped, Moshini isn't, would be good to get both in as I think once they get to know each other they might compliment each other.

how could the squad be that huge?

It was apparent last year that our squad was thin on the ground.

We have managed to sign 7 players, as well as getting rid of boca, goian, naismith and hemmings

With Ally clearly in the market for two centre backs and another goalie, I expect that perhaps cribari will leave, and possibly a midfielder, perhaps hutton.

This will leave us with a solid squad, with opportunities for some youngsters to come through.

We have managed to sign 7 players, as well as getting rid of boca, goian, naismith and hemmings

With Ally clearly in the market for two centre backs and another goalie, I expect that perhaps cribari will leave, and possibly a midfielder, perhaps hutton.

This will leave us with a solid squad, with opportunities for some youngsters to come through.

The squad size was fine last year for this level.

Bell

Gallacher

Smith

Argyriou

Cole

Foster

Mitchell

McAusland

Faure

Hegarty

Perry

Cribari

Gasparotto

Wallace

Smith

Aird

McKay

Macleod

Black

Hutton

Peralta

Law

Crawford

Murdoch

Telfer

Stoney

Walsh

Templeton

Shiels

Daly

Little

Clark

McCulloch

Naismith

yeah what our squad need at the moment is 3 players in and 2 out...

A lot of those players listed in the past wouldn't have necessary been classed as part of the first team squad, not sure if we have to have a reserve team this season not sure what those rules are, also some of the younger players in the past would have probably gone out on loan if it wasn't for the fact we needed them. People must also remember is that Coisty wants a really good cup run in all the cup competitions to play a full league schedule and participate fully in the cups then the squad does need to have a suitable amount of experienced players with enough cover in case of injuries and suspensions, even though we are in the third tier of Scottish football I believe that there is still an expectation that we do win one of the major cups.

Pandza is being a greedy bastard and is asking for more from Rangers, in my opinion he can fuck off if he's going to be like that?

Pandza is being a greedy bastard and is asking for more from Rangers, in my opinion he can fuck off if he's going to be like that?

We do not know the money being offered or requested. He is a Bosnian internationalist and they are a good team.