Sandaza

JCDBigBear

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum would be a pretty dull place if folk just read articles then waited for proof before discussing things.

I agree but there is still no need jump all over the club when there is no proof to do so, certainly you could argue hypotheticals but not as if its a statement of fact.

I agree but there is still no need jump all over the club when there is no proof to do so, certainly you could argue hypotheticals but not as if its a statement of fact.

I don't think anyone has stated on here that we've paid him off, just that they would like to know what's happened.

We're shite at things like that so I think it's natural to assume the worst.

If they settled with him, then hell mend us...........every agent will have noted this along with the other players that have left recently as the Club being an easy touch in negotiations.

This guy Dickson.....what's his background? I found it hard to believe bain was in charge with salary negotiations :(

Do you think this is how negotiations went in the past?

So.....brevity of statement is bound to lead to speculation of capitulation and pay off in order to keep a quiet life. The voice that has been found (after much trumpeting of being prepared to use a voice) turns out to be of mouse-like proportion. Say as little as you think you can get away with and hope for the best that the the inevitable media mini-storm will blow over quickly, and hope that Sandaza himself decides not to make some mischief out of it. So much for a new CEO standing tall for Rangers. It sure does not look or feel like that from the low-key statement he must have authorised for release. I expect the amount paid will be disclosed in the annual accounts - a write off cost no doubt. And the Board wants stability? Oh, I forgot, there was a cleansing to take place - maybe this is one of the cleansing acts. If the Club is going to make a statement then unless under legal advisement to the contrary why not make a more informative statement designed to avoid taking what are self inflicted bruises about what the CEO/Board has done (or not done).

I'm not one to disrespect an ex Rangers player, but Sandaza wasn't fit to wear our shirt.

I note that the RFC web site states we have reached agreement with Sandaza and that he has now officially gone. This sounds like yet another capitulation from the Club. Charles Green would have taken this all the way.

I think the agreement is.... you are sacked son, now fuck off and miss sitters for someone else. Wages, holidays, bonuses earned and paid in full.... now watch the door doesn't hit your leeching ass on the way out.

So.....brevity of statement is bound to lead to speculation of capitulation and pay off in order to keep a quiet life. The voice that has been found (after much trumpeting of being prepared to use a voice) turns out to be of mouse-like proportion. Say as little as you think you can get away with and hope for the best that the the inevitable media mini-storm will blow over quickly, and hope that Sandaza himself decides not to make some mischief out of it. So much for a new CEO standing tall for Rangers. It sure does not look or feel like that from the low-key statement he must have authorised for release. I expect the amount paid will be disclosed in the annual accounts - a write off cost no doubt. And the Board wants stability? Oh, I forgot, there was a cleansing to take place - maybe this is one of the cleansing acts. If the Club is going to make a statement then unless under legal advisement to the contrary why not make a more informative statement designed to avoid taking what are self inflicted bruises about what the CEO/Board has done (or not done).

What about if they decided to mutually terminate the contract and that's it - perhaps a bigger statement is not needed ! My guess is as good as your speculation!

I really shouldnt be surprised anymore at the hysterical overreactions on here (based on assumptions). I know some of you wont want to hear this but this is predominately Green's fault.....He did many wonderful things for our club but he was also very haphazard and confrontational in his approach both in actions and comments (grass in your mate line)....The reality is we were never going to win here....Sandazza would have won his case, if not with the SFA, certainly with the CAS....You can flap your gums about gross misconduct but he could just as easily play the foreigner card, no agent etc etc and we all know had this been Wallace or Macleod we would have handled it differently.....We have reached a settlement which wont be the full amount he is owed under contract and it saves us lawyers fees and the negative publicity of going to a tribunal.....Whats the problem???

I really shouldnt be surprised anymore at the hysterical overreactions on here (based on assumptions). I know some of you wont want to hear this but this is predominately Green's fault.....He did many wonderful things for our club but he was also very haphazard and confrontational in his approach both in actions and comments (grass in your mate line)....The reality is we were never going to win here....Sandazza would have won his case, if not with the SFA, certainly with the CAS....You can flap your gums about gross misconduct but he could just as easily play the foreigner card, no agent etc etc and we all know had this been Wallace or Macleod we would have handled it differently.....We have reached a settlement which wont be the full amount he is owed under contract and it saves us lawyers fees and the negative publicity of going to a tribunal.....Whats the problem???

I like the way you managed to make assumptions, of a rather large variety, yourself

I like the way you managed to make assumptions, of a rather large variety, yourself

My "assumptions" are educated ones based on CAS history....the difference is I'm not jumping to conclusions and slating the club with no facts....when the full accounts are printed we can all stop making assumptions and see the facts in black and white however until then I'd much prefer to take a reasoned/balanced view on things instead of the constant negativity of some on here!

My "assumptions" are educated ones based on CAS history....the difference is I'm not jumping to conclusions and slating the club with no facts....when the full accounts are printed we can all stop making assumptions and see the facts in black and white however until then I'd much prefer to take a reasoned/balanced view on things instead of the constant negativity of some on here!

Assumptions based upon knowledge of the contract, internal communications, legal advice, discussions and clarity from the player and his legal reps

yup