Walter Smith Out in 24 Hrs - Statement Today

How will we as fans be able to tell if Walter has actually left the building. What impact will it have in the boardroom or on the field of play?

Jul 2013

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith has admitted that he is a stop-gap appointment as Rangers chairman, and that he is in the role for his ...

BBC Sport-2 hours agoShare

Rangers chairman Walter Smith is on the brink of quitting his post at the club following days of bitter infighting at Ibrox. The former manager has ..

Not entirely unexpected as I believe his heart was never really in the role.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Walter Smith does indeed resign over the next day or two, his reasons have to be completely unambiguous.

I can help you there

he hasnt got his own way

again

its that simple

him and mccosit want to lord it about like they were back under mintys tenure

PS some would say that men of principle resign

not continually bloody talk about it without doing it

Walter was only on the board to appease us and settle our nerves, while he has no business experience of help to the club at that level it's a little concerning he's leaving just for the reason he was appointed in the first place.

More boardroom shit though, just another day as a Rangers fan, yipee :anguish:

I can help you there

he hasnt got his own way

again

its that simple

him and mccosit want to lord it about like they were back under mintys tenure

PS some would say that men of principle resign

not continually bloody talk about it without doing it

You got a quote for him talking about resigning?

Regardless of whether he is right for the job or not, Walter is the only person I trust right now. He was obviously brought in to try and unite the fans. If he goes I see even darker times ahead.

Whatever happens this current 'civil war' will probably shape the club for a generation.

Reading all the stuff that's come out in the last few days, Walter is against Green, Green was brought in after a resolution to remove people he brought to the club. So logically I would assume Walter would support Paul Murray/Jim McColl in their attempt to get on the board and then get rid of Green which I see as their end game.

If that's the case, why resign? if the papers are to be believed (stop laughing at the back!) then Murray has enough shareholder backing to force this. Surely if the EGM goes ahead and they get on the board Walter would be better staying? None of this seems to make any sense

Reading all the stuff that's come out in the last few days, Walter is against Green, Green was brought in after a resolution to remove people he brought to the club. So logically I would assume Walter would support Paul Murray/Jim McColl in their attempt to get on the board and then get rid of Green which I see as their end game.

If that's the case, why resign? if the papers are to be believed (stop laughing at the back!) then Murray has enough shareholder backing to force this. Surely if the EGM goes ahead and they get on the board Walter would be better staying? None of this seems to make any sense

I would agree with that.