Smith's statement in full

As a manager Walter relied on tried and tested or those players that he knew rather than forward thinking and looking to the future,he even brought Gough out of retirement twice and at Everton tried to replay the past with a washed out troubled Gascoigne.

Now it seems he wants to bring back the Murray era where he was comfortable splashing money buying players the club could not afford.I pray sense will prevail and there will be no more Murrays,Bains etc to run the club into the ground again.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep reading from various posters of their dislike of Paul Murray, I am unaware of what he has done wrong to gain this opinion of him?

Why would you not want him within the boardroom? Is it like most say that he has done nothing for the club, but wants his say and share of what's going on?

Paul Murray sat on the board during the worst excesses of SDM and said nothing. He tried and fail numerous times to buy the club for a song. He then undertook a campaign of media leaks to discredit the current owners in Green.

Not the actions of someone I want in the Rangers boardroom.

No surprise there.

His backing of McCoist is quite simply farcical, it goes to show how out of touch with reality he is.

I fear for the club if the likes of mini murray gain any kind of power. I really do.

Yup!

Keep reading from various posters of their dislike of Paul Murray, I am unaware of what he has done wrong to gain this opinion of him?

Why would you not want him within the boardroom? Is it like most say that he has done nothing for the club, but wants his say and share of what's going on?

Failed to buy us previously and acted very bitter about it.

As a manager Walter relied on tried and tested or those players that he knew rather than forward thinking and looking to the future,he even brought Gough out of retirement twice and at Everton tried to replay the past with a washed out troubled Gascoigne.

Now it seems he wants to bring back the Murray era where he was comfortable splashing money buying players the club could not afford.I pray sense will prevail and there will be no more Murrays,Bains etc to run the club into the ground again.

He outlined his reasons why he's backing the McColl proposal and it had nothing to do with "splashing money".

Cheers iconicman and simplythebest.

I thought as much these were the reasons but most reasons given was that he was a prick. Agreed not the type of person you would want representing the club.

In saying that Walter has seen first hand the boardroom turmoil and if he backs the proposed changes then I'll follow his word

Walter cares about our club. Green doesn't - he wants money - wont hold that against him. Duff and Phelps sold the jerseys. Wlaters consortium offered more than Greens. It was a stitch up! Now is the time to back Walter and get rid of these charlatans

Walter cares about our club. Green doesn't - he wants money - wont hold that against him. Duff and Phelps sold the jerseys. Wlaters consortium offered more than Greens. It was a stitch up! Now is the time to back Walter and get rid of these charlatans

Offered more AFTER the club had been sold.

From that I dont see him implying that ally should stay, OR go. he does defend the circumstances that hes been dealing with.

Of course he knows more than hes letting on FFS why would he tell the world everything thats going on, it wouldnt be right.

In all honesty, he was only a stand in and I think hes had enough of the shit and actually would like to retire.