Favourite Cup Final You attended

boyd09

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be the league cup final in October 1990 when we beat the scum 2-1 aet. It was only my 2nd old firm final. I was devastated when we lost the Scottish cup final to them the year before, that felt like the longest bus journey home ever! The 'we only need 9 men' is up there too though.

Only been to one, 2007 vs dumpdee hibs.

The game was boring as fuck.

Me and tge missus went up without a ticket, we arrived 3hrs before KO to give us a good chance of getting a ticket, it was about 5mins to KO and I finally got 1, I said to the Mrs that I would give her £50 to go to the pub so I could go in....... she was having none of it, so we just tried our luck and both of us pushed through the same turnstile with the one ticket.

As soon as we walked in, we found 2 seats right beside each other and sat on them. No one asked us to move, do I guess whoever the seats belonged to didn't show up, which was quite frustrating afterwards, but also a relief as we would probably have been kicked out had they turned up.

Loved the League Cup Finals in the late 80's.

Cooper and Durrant's Skol Cup goals were fantastic.

Roy Aitkens face when he pulled down Butcher to give away a late penalty was a picture, then Cooper's face when he scored was great.

First cup final was 79' v Hibs. Jim Watt had just won World Title and went round the track on a trailer pulled by a tractor. The game was stinking and finished 0-0.

1986-87 League Cup Final had everything,late drama,big Davie Syme the ref making a cnt of things and Davie Hay acting like a fckn madman on the touchline.Remember them saying after the match it was a conspiracy.So nothing has changed there then......

1986-87 League Cup Final had everything,late drama,big Davie Syme the ref making a cnt of things and Davie Hay acting like a fckn madman on the touchline.Remember them saying after the match it was a conspiracy.So nothing has changed there then......

Did Davie Hay no spit the dummy oot and threaten to take his Celtic team to play In Ireland or something like that? :lol: ... how did that work for yeez

Did Davie Hay no spit the dummy oot and threaten to take his Celtic team to play In Ireland or something like that? :lol: ... how did that work for yeez

Something like that mate they can never take a defeat gracefully,sure it was Shepard wrongly sent off,and all hell broke loose....lol.

Was the ref not struck by a coin and thought Shepard had hit him

Rangers awarded the ref 9/10 while they gave him 1/10

Hay indeed wanted to take Celtic to play in the Irish Republic (Something they should consider now rather than the EPL)

Always cheated Never defeated.

The League Cup Final when Jelavic scored the winner. The support was phenomenal that day. Really pulled us through when we were up against it.

Worst one was the Scottish Cup Final against Hearts. So sad to see that great team not go out as winners. Cried my eyes out for a good hour after that game.

Was the ref not struck by a coin and thought Shepard had hit him

Rangers awarded the ref 9/10 while they gave him 1/10

Hay indeed wanted to take Celtic to play in the Irish Republic (Something they should consider now rather than the EPL)

Always cheated Never defeated.

Could never understand why Hay was mad,as i thought it was fckn hilarious.....

81 Cup Final replay, played on the day the 2nd IRA hunger striker died. A 4-1 thrashing of a fine Dundee Utd team. Bobby Russell was brilliant.

84, 86 and 2003 LC final wins over the filth were magnificent also.

Francis Hughes i believe was his name, if i remember the songs that evening :ph34r: