I miss the old place

BarneyRabble

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The was a newsagent a couple of doors down from the Old Toll Bar that used to sell tickets too.

Looking at the old picture of the guys queuing to get into the enclosure reminded me that you could pay to get into the enclosure then pay extra at a turnstile to get into the main stand.

Saw my first old firm game from the old Copeland terracing...Gers 3-1. John Greig scored our 2nd while the entire Celtic team were surrounding the ref for a penalty claim...gave the goal from fifty yards away! Place went bonkers...

And in same season, beat them 3-2 after being down 0-2 at half time. Happy days in the old 'Derry' with your carry out. Lovely pictures.

I remember games at the piggery when we used to get half the jungle , with a single line of polis separating us from them. When I think back , we had some unbelievable scraps with that mob during games.

We also used to get a wee part of the main stand at the tattie dome. Going for a piss at half time meant having to use the same lavvies as them bastards. I got punched & kicked having a piss one time from them gypsy cunts but luckily I was with my ex brother in law who is a psycho & he offered about 10 of them a square go. they all shat it (thank fuck) I think this was the game when Alex miller scored an amazing stoppage time winner.

Happy days.

Always thought there was a gap between the jungle and the Rangers end.

Remember thinking "aw fuck" when the ball went to Alex Miller, what a fucking goal :7325: great day.

Poignant in this particular week

(tu) Aye mate.

I remember games at the piggery when we used to get half the jungle , with a single line of polis separating us from them. When I think back , we had some unbelievable scraps with that mob during games.

We also used to get a wee part of the main stand at the tattie dome. Going for a piss at half time meant having to use the same lavvies as them bastards. I got punched & kicked having a piss one time from them gypsy cunts but luckily I was with my ex brother in law who is a psycho & he offered about 10 of them a square go. they all shat it (thank fuck) I think this was the game when Alex miller scored an amazing stoppage time winner.

Happy days.

Who ever thought putting us and them practically together needs shot between the eyes.

ach, i'm feeling nostalgic........

2eq3y4k.jpg

Sniff sniff... Cellic end ?

Only joking, used to live on the PRW straight up from there and could look out the side windows and see that end. It was almost the same then but the photo looks like late 50s ?

Sniff sniff... Cellic end ?

Only joking, used to live on the PRW straight up from there and could look out the side windows and see that end. It was almost the same then but the photo looks like late 50s ?

My uncle and cousin lived in the Albion flats, any Saturday the weather was dodgy and a home game was in doubt, I would phone them about 1 pm and ask if the Union Flag was up on the flagpole - if they could see it flying that meant the game was on.