What premiership side do you support?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I supported Man United when I was younger, though I have to say I have lost interest in them over the past few years, mainly because I have become disillusioned with the Premier League's negative effect on local football.

It's just Rangers, Glenavon & Northern Ireland really for me now.

Glenavon have a great wee Social Club in their ground, was down on Sat, great trip.

When I used to go to the Glens matches we always had all sorts of bother at Mourneview. Was early 90's and seems to have been tension between east Belfast paramilitaries and the Mid ulster UVF. Was always lots of glass and fists flying.

Heard that Glenavon don't get much of a crowd anymore as a lot of Portadown folk now live in Mourneview Estate. is there any truth in that???

When I used to go to the Glens matches we always had all sorts of bother at Mourneview. Was early 90's and seems to have been tension between east Belfast paramilitaries and the Mid ulster UVF. Was always lots of glass and fists flying.

Heard that Glenavon don't get much of a crowd anymore as a lot of Portadown folk now live in Mourneview Estate. is there any truth in that???

The remaining UVF in and around Mourneview are more concerned about fighting amongst each other nowadays and generally making a joke of themselves, and aren't really involved in football now, which can only be a good thing. Relations have improved significantly over the past few years, partly down to a mutual dislike of Portadown.

The crowds have been poorer over the last 10 years (a core of around 700 usually), mainly because each season has been nearly exactly the same for that past 10 years, and a lot just don't seem to really give a shit about local football anymore, which is the same case for a lot of Irish League clubs nowadays. Most people I know would be fans of Glenavon but wouldn't go to matches all that often, and I can't say that I know of anyone from Portadown living in Mourneview.

The remaining UVF in and around Mourneview are more concerned about fighting amongst each other nowadays and generally making a joke of themselves, and aren't really involved in football now, which can only be a good thing. Relations have improved significantly over the past few years, partly down to a mutual dislike of Portadown.

The crowds have been poorer over the last 10 years (a core of around 700 usually), mainly because each season has been nearly exactly the same for that past 10 years, and a lot just don't seem to really give a shit about local football anymore, which is the same case for a lot of Irish League clubs nowadays. Most people I know would be fans of Glenavon but wouldn't go to matches all that often, and I can't say that I know of anyone from Portadown living in Mourneview.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've lived in Glasgow for 15 years and am out of the loop. Ports and Glenavon had some great sides early 90's and the Belfast big two struggled to compete. Made for an entertaining league and crowds were good.

Everton - purely because/since Walter Smith took over, and I didn't have one at the time.

Helps that they play in blue of course, and since taking an interest in Everton a deep hatred for Liverpool has grown - their managers and players, but specifically Steven Gerrard - although been down to Liverpool a few times and always had a good laugh.

Didn't mind Man U but always liked Alex Ferguson, like Moyes too even though.....

But aye, mon the Toffees! (even if they burst my coupon this weekend!)