Why was the Parma away leg under Advocaat at lunchtime?

Boab

PSG also had Ronaldino, Anelka, Jay Jay Okocha and Heinze.

Oh, and Letizi.

the team PSG had that night was incredible, fantastic result and big eck was well unlucky to lose against feynoord in the next round, i mind the dutch went down to 10men in the 2nd leg and they were 2-1 up, an equaliser had us through on away goals and we battered them but not to be

reminds me of villareal away, boyds miss from a couple of yards (was a hard-ish chance mind you)

fuck me how many unlucky away days have we had in europe

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the team PSG had that night was incredible, fantastic result and big eck was well unlucky to lose against feynoord in the next round, i mind the dutch went down to 10men in the 2nd leg and they were 2-1 up, an equaliser had us through on away goals and we battered them but not to be

reminds me of villareal away, boyds miss from a couple of yards (was a hard-ish chance mind you)

I think we were down to 10 as well against Feyenoord. McCann got sent off for fuck all.

As usual, we missed some right sitters. Mols and Lovenkrands.

Had some reasonably lucky ones as well to be fair. Bremen away and Fiorentina Away we could have been hammered on route to Manchester. Mcgregors save in Bremen was world class, but if the striker puts it anywhere else its a goal and Fiorentina fairly battered us as well.

I think we were down to 10 as well against Feyenoord. McCann got sent off for fuck all.

As usual, we missed some right sitters. Mols and Lovenkrands.

canny mind mccann being sent off, im sure he was the one that was brought down for their red card (last man challenge), but aye some amount of sitters missed

Anyone remember the reason for the afternoon Kick-off in the Steaua game 87/88?

Did Ceausescu want everyone tucked up in bed by a certain time?

Did any of our fans make the trip? Seem to remember that only so many visas could be granted at the time to get under the Iron Curtain.

We were real contenders under Advocaat in Europe. Still feel that we seriously underachieved throughout. The CL group with Munich was a real disappointment. Khan wrecking Mols summed up it all up, we were battering them in Munich. Also, still baffles me how we never made it past the group with Monaco ( what an away performance that was, one of the best I have seen us play), Galatasaray and Graz.

We were real contenders under Advocaat in Europe. Still feel that we seriously underachieved throughout. The CL group with Munich was a real disappointment. Khan wrecking Mols summed up it all up, we were battering them in Munich. Also, still baffles me how we never made it past the group with Monaco ( what an away performance that was, one of the best I have seen us play), Galatasaray and Graz.

The game at Galatasaray was a poor performance, and we lost our way, very badly in Graz. Always remember Numan losing the plot with the ref about not being allowed on.

Some of the results where hard to take after some outstanding individual and team performances, the one decision that went against us during that era that turns my stomach was the referees decision to award Bayern a free kick just outside the box (it was never in a million years a foul )

They scored an equaliser with a deflection from that free kick to win themselves a point,

Watching lothar mathaus celebrate the way he did shows how good we where at that point

Still breaks my heart thinking about that goal going in

I remember Barry Ferguson's world class performance against Munich at Ibrox. Barry really was on top of his game at such a young age, totally dominated Mattehaus and co that night. I really can't wait for the next European night at Ibrox, doesn't matter if it will be against minnows from Luxembourg or AC Milan the place will be rocking.

That was one of the first European campaigns I can properly remember. Bizarrely Sturm Graz topped that group and we finished level on points with Galatasaray with a superior goal difference. However that was the first year UEFA changed the first tie breaker to Head-to-Head record over Goal Difference. Can remember the pictures watching the final game against Monaco, cutting away to Austria and Graz were just passing the ball about there half, Galatasaray just letting them, both knowing the draw would see them both through. It was absolutely heart breaking.

We got our revenge the next season though when we beat them at Ibrox in CL qualifier 2-0 , ortega got sent off am sure , what a team they had Veron , Crespo , Sensini , Dino Baggio etc .

Indeed, that was some achievement! Cannavaro & Buffon too!

I was P4 I think, we got to watch it in school

We had a work experience girl that day was telling me during the game she was going to be a primary teacher and her training was going to last 6 years , I told her I was leaving school once Rangers phoned me to play for them, my dad was going to let me. Always remember that conversation for some reason

Anyone remember the reason for the afternoon Kick-off in the Steaua game 87/88?

Did Ceausescu want everyone tucked up in bed by a certain time?

Did any of our fans make the trip? Seem to remember that only so many visas could be granted at the time to get under the Iron Curtain.

i was there wasn't too many bears at the game weird place