WadeWilson

On a related note, I was in Amsterdam during the 'gay ride parade' there a couple months back. Apparently it's the biggest in Europe. Me and my girlfriend couldn't get near a canal edge to see it but apparently it's amazing. The timing was just per chance BTW not on purpose lol

:lol:

Sounds like an inverted gang rape.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see all the gay haters posting on a "gay" thread, then immediately making a point of it they are not gay. Makes you wonder why they feel threatened and what attracted them to the thread in the first place. :sherlock:

Also like the hypocrisy of posters who hate gay blokes justifying it with an "of course I love watching lesbians"

Rainbow laces are for poofs

Brilliant line - subversive yet intelligently supportive of the idea in a jaunty and satisfyingly familiar phrase. Your twist to reclaim the language for positive effect is excellent. It's cocky in fact - I didn't know you had it in you.

Great work, John!

That was october 2010. It is now September 2013. Of the three Rememberance Days that have passed how many of them have seen the majority of Clubs in the SPL not wear poppies?

Giving clubs the ability to opt out doesnt mean that 'the SPL dont want clubs to wear poppies'

It obviously takes something for a lot of them to face upto it, but your wording of supreme courage is a bit off IMO

Coming out could completely ruin their career. They would without question be subject to torrents of abuse by fans on, and off, the pitch. Their sexuality would be the only point of interest for most media outlets. And unfortunately you'd find that in some situations they'd be shunned by their team-mates and managing staff.

The tragic suicide of Justin Fashanu is an apt reminder of the vile consequences doing so can have psychologically on any professional footballer in Britain, albeit that happened ~15 years ago.

Coming out could completely ruin their career. They would without question be subject to torrents of abuse by fans on, and off, the pitch. Their sexuality would be the only point of interest for most media outlets. And unfortunately you'd find that in some situations they'd be shunned by their team-mates and managing staff.

The tragic suicide of Justin Fashanu is an apt reminder of the vile consequences doing so can have psychologically on any professional footballer in Britain, albeit that happened ~15 years ago.

I dont think Fashanu is comparable. Attitudes have changed greatly in the 15 years since he died. Could you have imagined the current crop of 'metrosexuals' being accepted by crowds15-20 years ago?