WadeWilson

Why do people have a problem with this? Nothing is being forced on anyone. Although I admit the concept of inverted gang rape has given me the fear.

Don't worry mate. It was a hypothetical ridiculous situation I created to support an argument.

The point was that inverted gang rape is a hiiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely consequence of gay people coming out.

You are 99.99% safe. But just in case, if you are a member of a team where a huge body building type, twice the size of anyone else comes out, just be on your toes at all times. He probably won't gang rape you all, but you just never know. Best to prepare for that 0.01% worse case scenario is what I'm saying.

Stay safe out there.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with gay people, in fact I would think that most people are ok with the idea of gay people, what I take issue with is homosexuality being forced in our faces at every turn. Its got to the extent that being gay is the accepted norm and if you aren't gay or at least bi then there is something wrong with you. if football players are gay then fine, I don't need to know about it or care about it.

I have no issue with gay people, in fact I would think that most people are ok with the idea of gay people, what I take issue with is homosexuality being forced in our faces at every turn. Its got to the extent that being gay is the accepted norm and if you aren't gay or at least bi then there is something wrong with you.

Not if you're heterosexual...! :belm2:

I can quite happily go about my heterosexual existence without having homosexuality "forced in my face at every turn."

As for your first line, it's a classic case of:

"Grrr, I don't have a problem with those _______ as long as those ______ stay well away from me."

I have no issue with gay people, in fact I would think that most people are ok with the idea of gay people, what I take issue with is homosexuality being forced in our faces at every turn. Its got to the extent that being gay is the accepted norm and if you aren't gay or at least bi then there is something wrong with you. if football players are gay then fine, I don't need to know about it or care about it.

Sorry mate, but that's just nonsense.

Not if you're heterosexual...! :belm2:

I can quite happily go about my heterosexual existence without having homosexuality "forced in my face at every turn."

As for your first line, it's a classic case of:

"Grrr, I don't have a problem with those _______ as long as those ______ stay well away from me."

my first line is one of a man that is happy to keep his private life private. It is none of my concern if someone is gay, I dont need know about it just the same as no one needs to know about my bedroom preferences. In the press about in December there was an article about how the bbc were told that more gays and lesbians should be on children's tv. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9744094/BBC-told-to-put-more-gay-people-on-childrens-TV.html

and the other side of the argument is that 1 in 4 people dont want to see gays on tv, the same paper published an article in 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8032681/One-in-four-uncomfortable-with-gays-on-TV.html.

at the end of the day i dont care if there are gays in football or not, it wont stop me from watching the sport. do we need to know if some players are gay and others arent?

I don't think homosexuality is being "forced" on anyone. I think what the campaign is trying to stress is that people should be free to be honest about their identities without fear of recrimination or abuse. Clearly the reluctance of any professional footballers to admit publicly that they're gay shows its far from the norm.

I hate the one's who try and force it down your throat, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Don't worry mate. It was a hypothetical ridiculous situation I created to support an argument.

The point was that inverted gang rape is a hiiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely consequence of gay people coming out.

You are 99.99% safe. But just in case, if you are a member of a team where a huge body building type, twice the size of anyone else comes out, just be on your toes at all times. He probably won't gang rape you all, but you just never know. Best to prepare for that 0.01% worse case scenario is what I'm saying.

Stay safe out there.

Well here's my thinking, as long as this monster doesn't pick me first for a bumming, I can make good my escape while someone else is getting it. Or is it not that simple? Did you try to escape any of the times it happened to you?

Also, have you ever felt able to truly put it behind you?

what I take issue with is homosexuality being forced in our faces at every turn.

I have to ask - how exactly is that happening to you? Every turn you say?

I'm well into my fifties now and I've yet to have homosexuality forced in my face. What does that even mean?

Fucking laughable.

I don't think homosexuality is being "forced" on anyone. I think what the campaign is trying to stress is that people should be free to be honest about their identities without fear of recrimination or abuse. Clearly the reluctance of any professional footballers to admit publicly that they're gay shows its far from the norm.

I am not gay, I have never been gay nor would I ever choose to be gay. And this to some is considered homophobic, case in point there was a bus advert in London that said pretty much what I said but added, some people are not gay DEAL WITH It! A Christian organisation put this advert out and they were resoundingly critised for it. Where does this whole thing stop? There is a political activists group that tries to raise awareness of gay rights ( a very laudable cause, I might add) but they had very close links to another group that was advocating that paedophile should be free from discrimination on the ground that barring them from doing so breaches their human rights... (I can't remember the name of the group but once I remember it I'll post it) we need to be careful that we are not opening Pandora box.

I would have thought it would have been pink laces for supporting equality for the man-on-man love and rainbow laces for supporting equality for our darker skinned brethren.Maybe pink was seen as a bit too poofy though?

Pink is for breast cancer awareness....

I am not gay, I have never been gay nor would I ever choose to be gay. And this to some is considered homophobic, case in point there was a bus advert in London that said pretty much what I said but added, some people are not gay DEAL WITH It! A Christian organisation put this advert out and they were resoundingly critised for it. Where does this whole thing stop? There is a political activists group that tries to raise awareness of gay rights ( a very laudable cause, I might add) but they had very close links to another group that was advocating that paedophile should be free from discrimination on the ground that barring them from doing so breaches their human rights... (I can't remember the name of the group but once I remember it I'll post it) we need to be careful that we are not opening Pandora box.

again, what a lot of shite

Im completely for Gay Rights etc, im a straight man who is comfortable with his sexuality, ive known many gay women and a few gay men, some of them were sound, some were pricks. I think they should have the same rights as anyone else does.

But I dont understand why every show has to have a gay character, or numerous gay characters, its unrealistic, I work in an office with about 400 people and I know 1 who is openly gay, but if you went by how TV shows make it out to be then there should be about 40 openly gay men in my office.