WadeWilson

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I read anymore than the OP,

What has this got to do with football? Protest elsewhere, show solidarity elsewhere. I want to go to a football match and watch 11 players in my team win a game of football. No politics, no support for anyone other than Rangers.

This is about people's relationships, sexual preferences, not FOOTBALL!

Fuck off!

Before I read anymore than the OP,

What has this got to do with football? Protest elsewhere, show solidarity elsewhere. I want to go to a football match and watch 11 players in my team win a game of football. No politics, no support for anyone other than Rangers.

This is about people's relationships, sexual preferences, not FOOTBALL!

Fuck off!

You'll feel the same about poppies, wedding messages to royals and anything else that isnt about Rangers?

What started off (bar the banter) as a fairly reasonable post with comments fore and against turned into a comedic corner. I have nothing against what the players/team decide. If they want to wear them - fine. If not, also fine. This is their choice.

Although, personally, I wonder if homosexual players want this kind of awareness acknowledged themselves or if this is deemed a "gimmick" by others?

I don't think it serves any purpose cursing and swearing at those who are against this idea, but each to their own I guess.

14 pages on fucking laces

PS OP

bears den?

A worthwhile thread, I would say, since we are one of the 42 Scottish league clubs involved.

I laughed... I cried... I hurled at the phobic phalli... and I was genuinely heartened by fellow fans, both their humanity and their humour (I also was inclined to agree with some who urged caution at the gimmicky nature of the whole thing... and the bookies getting involved is just outrageous).

I even got to watch Rainbow!

PS - thehost; Don't be such a precious princess, just because we are taking a break from you and burstbaws.

The players' threaded laces will be a lot closer to a football than any of your threads have ever been.

A worthwhile thread, I would say, since we are one of the 42 Scottish league clubs involved.

I laughed... I cried... I hurled at the phobic phalli... and I was genuinely heartened by fellow fans, both their humanity and their humour (I also was inclined to agree with some who urged caution at the gimmicky nature of the whole thing... and the bookies getting involved is just outrageous).

I even got to watch Rainbow!

PS - thehost; Don't be such a precious princess, just because we are taking a break from you and burstbaws.

The players' threaded laces will be a lot closer to a football than any of your threads have ever been.

Thehost is just having a hissy fit because we aren't talking about Paul Murray or the RST in this thread! The queen that he is!

And you come across as offended :lol:

Offended? :lol:

Why would I be offended because you mightn't like gay people? I'm not even gay :lol:

I just think many of your posts make you seem like a bit of an idiot. I don't know if its just some act you put on for this forum, but it's the way you come across. Don't stop it though, I think it's quite funny.

Offended? :lol:

Why would I be offended because you mightn't like gay people? I'm not even gay :lol:

I just think many of your posts make you seem like a bit of an idiot. I don't know if its just some act you put on for this forum, but it's the way you come across. Don't stop it though, I think it's quite funny.

I will. Hope you enjoy.

So...we're being told all the time, especially in this country football should be about football, nothing else, that football and politics don't miss. Can't have it both ways surely?

You can have it both ways but I think this campaign is specifically about gay footballers rather than bisexual!

No issue with attempts to raise awareness of the issue but I do think the laces are somewhat gimmicky and possibly even pandering to stereotypes? If, as has been suggested, Paddy Power are backing it and also offering books on players coming out then it is actually a fucking disgrace!

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

It's worse if you are last. You get to see what's coming (ahem) to you and the fear builds as you shiver, cold and dripping wet under the shower head.