'McCoist is clueless'

TravelingWilBEARy

Bring back Sunday Scotsport showing highlights from the lower leagues. Hed be perfect for presenting it, he could maybe do a radio phone in or a chat show host, possibly stand up comedy too, he knows a lot of jokes from the 80s. I don't think he could go back to Question of Sport, He would be too old for Sue now.

Bet you thought no one would notice a comment like this in this particular thread eh?

Bring back Sunday Scotsport showing highlights from the lower leagues. Hed be perfect for presenting it, he could maybe do a radio phone in or a chat show host, possibly stand up comedy too, he knows a lot of jokes from the 80s. I don't think he could go back to Question of Sport, He would be too old for Sue now.

27 pages, hundreds of comments, but this one is somehow out of place.

Get to fuck you Tarrier cunt

You lads or lassies don't know how wide off the mark you are anyway I will rephrase, Mcoist should go and do something else. As someone else said earlier its like hes taking the piss. I wonder if he is a double agent sometimes.

There are plenty of things that Coisty can be criticised for: tactics, team choice, use of excuses. Some are just, others are unjust.

However, the man bleeds blue. His undeniable devotion to Rangers cannot be questioned.

End of the day it's this simple

Your always going to get a large section of the fans that think he's clueless - they're entitled

Your always going to get another large section of the fans that think he's not clueless and is doing well - they're entitled

Then you will get ones who's unsure - they're entitled

I don't give a fuck if you think McCoist is doing a good job. I don't. My issue is when people try to ram it down your throat your wrong for thinking we could do a lot better. That's when the arguments start,

Your always going to get a large section of the fans that think he's clueless - they're entitled

Your always going to get another large section of the fans that think he's not clueless and is doing well - they're entitled

I don't give a fuck if you think McCoist is doing a good job. I don't. My issue is when people try to ram it down your throat your wrong for thinking we could do a lot better. That's when the arguments start,

Too many think you could get a suntan from McCoists arse if you stood close enough because of who he is. Any other manager in our history wouldn't get the backing he does from these same people. I'm trying to imagine an Alex McLeish in this situation....

Too many think you could get a suntan from McCoists arse if you stood close enough because of who he is. Any other manager in our history wouldn't get the backing he does from these same people. I'm trying to imagine an Alex McLeish in this situation....

I was never a big fan of Eck, but I agree with what you're saying

That's my point, most weren't. If he was the manager jut now and we were playing like this, this forum would be a completely different place.

Disagree completely.

Eck had a horrendous season back in 2003-2004. We lost all five games against Celtic and finished 17 points behind them. Despite all that the fans stayed behind him.

I don't see how then that we would suddenly turn against him had he taken us through an administration, won us promotion and had us sitting top of the league with a perfect record.

What you claim is completely baseless.

Disagree completely.

Eck had a horrendous season back in 2003-2004. We lost all five games against Celtic and finished 17 points behind them. Despite all that the fans stayed behind him.

I don't see how then that we would suddenly turn against him had he taken us through an administration, won us promotion and had us sitting top of the league with a perfect record.

:lol:

That's all I've got to say to that.

Care to at least elaborate?

As someone who followed Rangers home and away since the Eck years, I remember exactly what 2003/04 season was like. To say the fans backed McLeish that season is just a plain lie. Infact even the season after we were 7 points behind Celtic in November and on the verge of losing to them for the 8th game running, McLeish was getting hounded left right and centre.

Disagree completely.

the reason the fans stayed behind eck in that season is because celtic's wage bill was twice as much as ours, we also made a cool 17mill in the CL and also made a transfer profit of 9million that season

if ally has to ever see through a season like that and then manage to build a title winning team the following season in the top league and make a transfer profit of 2million again, then he should get the same managerial respect eck has imo

again though eck's non rangers playing days meant he was always getting it tight

As someone who followed Rangers home and away since the Eck years, I remember exactly what 2003/04 season was like. To say the fans backed McLeish that season is just a plain lie. Infact even the season after we were 7 points behind Celtic in November and on the verge of losing to them for the 8th game running, McLeish was getting hounded left right and centre.

The same could be said of Walter and you won't get a bigger Rangers man than him. Throughout his second reign he was being hounded left right and certre on both forums for team selections and playing style. And that's when we were winning things!

People were calling for his head after we drew with Hibs on the second last day of the season. The forums went crazy after that result.

the reason the fans stayed behind eck in that season is because celtic's wage bill was twice as much as ours, we also made a cool 17mill in the CL and also made a transfer profit of 9million that season

if ally has to ever see through a season like that and then manage to build a title winning team the following season in the top league and make a transfer profit of 2million again, then he should get the same managerial respect eck has imo

again though eck's non rangers playing days meant he was always getting it tight

See the above post.

When I read these forums I see people defending Ally and I see people criticising Ally. I really don't know what exactly you're hoping to see. Are you expecting demonstrations and protests for a man who has us sitting top of the league with a perfect record?

See the above post.

When I read these forums I see people defending Ally and I see people criticising Ally. I really don't know what exactly you're hoping to see. Are you expecting demonstrations and protests for a man who has us sitting top of the league with a perfect record?

why would i want demonstrations against ally when i cringed at the one against eck ffs, your clearly missing my point

we are told to respect ally, yet against eck and PLG, both whom had better managerial pedigree's than ally, respect went right out the window and they were fair game to anything

all ally has done in his rangers managerial career is outspend his competitors (if we want to include his first season then we can use his terrible cup results and god awful euro results with a multi million pound squad full of talent), had we not went through administration or had ally not been a PLAYING legend he'd have been punted before now for the terrible performances against pretty much the shite end of scottish football

these are the leagues ally should be learning his trade in, instead he doesnt want to try and learn, he picks one method and sticks with it good or bad no matter who or what we are up against

high winds, lets launch the thing to a target man

target man out-muscled by two bigger centre halves, lets keep doing it,

left mid (who is a left back) isnt working, lets move him to centre mid

striker scoring goals through the middle, lets play him out wide to accommodate the new big wage signings whether they are shite or not

young boy plays well at centre half and another at right back, lets drop them for bigger waged, older signings no matter how good or bad they are

i havent seen anything to convince me that ally is working on his faults, the opening day against peterhead last season we launched long ball after long ball, fast forward 13 months and guess what we are still doing

i honestly cannot see it getting any better as he is stubbornly refusing to change his ways, fuck it took arbroath taking the lead at ibrox before he made the changes that were clearly needed long before it given how shite and 2nd best we were that day

ally needs to earn respect as a gaffer, as a player he has all the respect he could want, but as a gaffer its started from scratch and imo the respect he earned in the administration scenario has been withered away with his stubbornness in regards to team and tactics and his piss pot excuses aimed at covering his and his teams failings

What's that saying? "The grass isn't always bluer on the other side" There is no guarantee that if another manager was brought in that we would go 6 league games without defeat, we can moan about tactics and team selections for as long as we want but at the end of the day football is a results business and if a manager continues to get the winning result then for the majority of the time your job is safe.

why would i want demonstrations against ally when i cringed at the one against eck ffs, your clearly missing my point

we are told to respect ally, yet against eck and PLG, both whom had better managerial pedigree's than ally, respect went right out the window and they were fair game to anything

all ally has done in his rangers managerial career is outspend his competitors (if we want to include his first season then we can use his terrible cup results and god awful euro results with a multi million pound squad full of talent), had we not went through administration or had ally not been a PLAYING legend he'd have been punted before now for the terrible performances against pretty much the shite end of scottish football

these are the leagues ally should be learning his trade in, instead he doesnt want to try and learn, he picks one method and sticks with it good or bad no matter who or what we are up against

high winds, lets launch the thing to a target man

target man out-muscled by two bigger centre halves, lets keep doing it,

left mid (who is a left back) isnt working, lets move him to centre mid

striker scoring goals through the middle, lets play him out wide to accommodate the new big wage signings whether they are shite or not

young boy plays well at centre half and another at right back, lets drop them for bigger waged, older signings no matter how good or bad they are

i havent seen anything to convince me that ally is working on his faults, the opening day against peterhead last season we launched long ball after long ball, fast forward 13 months and guess what we are still doing

i honestly cannot see it getting any better as he is stubbornly refusing to change his ways, fuck it took arbroath taking the lead at ibrox before he made the changes that were clearly needed long before it given how shite and 2nd best we were that day

ally needs to earn respect as a gaffer, as a player he has all the respect he could want, but as a gaffer its started from scratch and imo the respect he earned in the administration scenario has been withered away with his stubbornness in regards to team and tactics and his piss pot excuses aimed at covering his and his teams failings

Respect is earned. PLG did nothing to earn respect the way Ally has over 30 years. Some of thee shit Eck was given was shameful as well.

As for the second bit. He needs to show us he is a capable manager, but to say respect isn't transferable when he becomes a manager is ridiculous. The respect he has earned is deeper and more meaningful than that. You've basically spent a huge thread trying to justify calling ally 'clueless' or whatever else as opposed to criticising him without such discrespectful terms. Baffling.

I have no idea what the purpose of this thread was. "Don't disrespect Ally. Cut him some slack. He's done so much in the game." What a worthwhile viewpoint. Totally deserving of over 500 replies.

The point was simple, calling anyone who's spent a lifetime in the game - no matter who it is - 'clueless' is absolutely ridiculous, especially when they've spent that lifetime at the very top of their profession.

That was it, I don't know why people took exception to that as it's hardly complicated stuff. It wasn't intended to be a thread with the same old tedious debates about his tactics, managerial record or team selection. There are plenty of other threads for people to endlessly debate that if that's what they want.

Nor, was it intended to start a pointless debate about Alex McCleish - God knows what that has to do with anything.