'McCoist is clueless'

TravelingWilBEARy

For one, I'm not saying Ally can do no wrong and I'm not saying he's at the top of his game at the moment.

We need to remember that we're trying to play football against teams who don't really play football... and also keep in mind what Ally's job is for the time being.

Funny how some of them seem to play more football than us.

I've seen more than a few people describe our manager as such over the last year or so, seen it a few times again today after yet another win. Do people not realise how ridiculous that is? Look at what McCoist has achieved in the game as a player AND as a coach/assistant manager before coming out with such overly emotive, classless nonsense.

Who need's enemies when we have fans like this? It's pathetic.

Pathetic?? So are you with your stupid and illogical post.

What has his playing career got to do with his managerial ability? As assistant coach/manager he proved that there were serious questions regarding his management qualities as was evident when Walter Smith occasionally let Ally run the team at cup ties. Invariably Walter had to come down from the stand to take over. As for his management of the team since the start of 2011-12, well that has hardly been something to write home about.

People like you delude yourselves. If it was anyone else other than Ally you would all be clamouring for his removal.

The emotional and classless nonsense is clearly visible in your original post.

One last point, if Ally were to leave do you actually think he would get another team to manage elsewhere?

What has his playing career got to do with his managerial ability? As assistant coach/manager he proved that there were serious questions regarding his management qualities as was evident when Walter Smith occasionally let Ally run the team at cup ties. Invariably Walter had to come down from the stand to take over. As for his management of the team since the start of 2011-12, well that has hardly been something to write home about.

People like you delude yourselves. If it was anyone else other than Ally you would all be clamouring for his removal.

One last point, if Ally were to leave do you actually think he would get another team to manage elsewhere?

For what its worth I think the OP is just trying to copy his mate the dude by " chucking in a grenade " cause a bit of controversy and see how many pages it stretches for.

No way are we playing the way we did last season.

No,but i didn't say that.We have better players now so you would expect some improvement.I said Ally doesn't seem to have learned much from last season.

I'm going by the insistance of playing players out of their main positions,playing with one forward and 10 in the box defending corners.Saw all the same things last season.

Got a much bigger squad but still playing a left back in midfield.Baffles me at times.

No,but i didn't say that.We have better players now so you would expect some improvement.I said Ally doesn't seem to have learned much from last season.

I'm going by the insistance of playing players out of their main positions,playing with one forward and 10 in the box defending corners.Saw all the same things last season.

Got a much bigger squad but still playing a left back in midfield.Baffles me at times.

The packed box annoyed me last season cause it didn't work, I find it annoying this season because it is and people keep complaining about it.

Checkmate.

Last season we'd have lost a game like today's.

It was a shite performance, but we won.

Onwards and upwards.

Jesus fuck .That makes it ok then .18bucks to stand in that dump and watch that garbage performance but although we played to a disgraceful standard it's an improvement on last year so we just accept it ..Should never be for any Rangers fan .

I really don't understand how people can honestly say that they think Ally doesn't have the respect of the players, I think in previous games it has been very clear that they respect him, hell I think it was Moshni who said Coisty won him over because he spoke to him in French, would need to check back on that one but sure I read it in an interview, I didn't even know Coisty could speak French!!! Also the crap some have said regarding a previous game about him making tactical changes and he didn't make them early enough, get some perspective, very rarely will any manager make early changes, and previous managers for us would wait till the last 10 minutes and the change will be to throw strikers on and hoof the ball up the pitch. As for the Forfar game at least the players have come out and said they know they didn't play well enough and they also have to take a bit of responsibility, also apparently on the pitch the conditions were pretty difficult. Said before and will say again, Coisty could take us back to the top flight and win the league first season back and people would still bitch about him. How many times in the past have I heard people saying that Walter wasn't good enough as a manager and should be booted etc. It's fine talking about what your tactics would be and what players you would play, but it seems to me that some people on here just want to have a personal attack against Ally which in some cases is well below the belt.

On the Walter issue that's been brought up so many times, is it so wrong to expect better performances from players better than the opposition?

Winning the SPL was the bread and butter so what else should Walter have been judged on?

Walter had 2 fantastic seasons in Europe, out of how many years at Ibrox?

Aye but we spent all that money to win the domestic league(Murray era) :lol:

What on Earth? I never commented on his managerial ability in my OP, it isn't about that. It's about people applying an illogical and downright silly term when talking about him. Some people seem to be completely ignoring the original point, I don't know if that's deliberate or not but it's a familiar theme in the thread.

As for the part on bold that is simply not true, God know's what you're basing that on.

They were not hounded out. Eck had been there four and a half years. It had come to a natural end. It was obvious his time was up. The guy did get four and half years which is a long time.

Nobody hounded PLG out. He quit because he knew he wasn't cut out for the job. He had underestimated it.

Eck had people protesting outside ibrox demanding he fuck off half way through a cl group stage where he funnily enough got us to the last 16

Now THAT was disrespectful

It showed vision and tactical nous.

So after a bland and uninspiring first half that arbroath were the better team, ally got them in at ht and changed nothing, he was perfectly happy as is until the opposition scored, thats not vision or tactical nous

48k people at ibrox saw we needed change long before our gaffer did, thats frightening

We've had a couple of bad performances, which makes it very easy to feel like we haven't progressed since last season. Especially since we all dread it so much.

I don't believe this is the case though, I think we will see a rise in form before long.

Whether Ally is the man for the job or not in the long term, I don't know. Yup I am right on the fence. It looks to me like he's got an awful lot to improve on before he's solid, but then he may do it.

Conditions were the same for both teams weren't they, although we did secure a rather fortunate victory.

"I wasn't happy with the performance and I agree with the fans," said McCoist. "We told the players that. But I can sympathise with them because of the wind. As disappointed as we all are with the performance, I would cut the players some slack because of it.

Conditions were the same for both teams weren't they, although we did secure a rather fortunate victory.

"I wasn't happy with the performance and I agree with the fans," said McCoist. "We told the players that. But I can sympathise with them because of the wind. As disappointed as we all are with the performance, I would cut the players some slack because of it.

Conditions were the same, and both teams played badly.

He gets off lightly because he's a Rangers legend. Anyone else would have been chased from Ibrox.

He is clueless.

I think it's much more likely that the hardest of thinking are choking on the idea they are wrong about McCoist and cannot bring themselves to eat their hats.

100% league record and some want him sacked. That's laughable.

Eck had people protesting outside ibrox demanding he fuck off half way through a cl group stage where he funnily enough got us to the last 16

Now THAT was disrespectful

I certainly wasn't at any protest. A tiny minority of the Rangers support may have protested (mainly about Murray from what I remember) but to suggest he was hounded out, based on that, simply isn't true.

Eck did do well in Europe in his last season but our league form was unacceptable. For the second time in three seasons we were out of the title race by Christmas and eventually finished 3rd, our lowest league position in many years. It was the right time for Eck to go. He knew that and that's why he stood down.

To suggest Eck and PLG would be hounded out whilst sitting top of the league with a perfect record is a total fabrication.

I think it's much more likely that the hardest of thinking are choking on the idea they are wrong about McCoist and cannot bring themselves to eat their hats.

I know he can only beat what's in front of him but you seriously believe he's proved people wrong already?

If he proves me wrong great. I don't want him to fail, if he does that means Rangers fail.

Some people cant seem to grasp that. Not rating him and wanting him to fail are completely different.

I certainly wasn't at any protest. A tiny minority of the Rangers support may have protested (mainly about Murray from what I remember) but to suggest he was hounded out, based on that, simply isn't true.

Eck did do well in Europe in his last season but our league form was unacceptable. For the second time in three seasons we were out of the title race by Christmas and eventually finished 3rd, our lowest league position in many years. It was the right time for Eck to go. He knew that and that's why he stood down.

Nope it wasn murray, it was eck they protested at, and yes while the end of that season was his time to go, wanting rid of him mid season whike he was still in europe was a disgrace and a lot worse than calling ally clueless

But again eck never played for us so his abuse was fair game it seems :dry: